The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Maybe he's been too busy calling all the hospitals in the country looking for the best operation deal to make any transfers.

Is this where I point out healthcare is free in this country? ;)

Arsenal very lucky to be infront imo! I can believe them stats Spurs have been miles better and the goal was offside and should of had a peno.

Harry Kane what a player. Spurs under Poch could be challenging top 4 fairly regular from next season wants he gets the players he wants in.

Did you just write "wants" as in "once"? Please don't tell me this is a thing.

Did you just write "wants" as in "once"? Please don't tell me this is a thing.

I really would get off the planet at the next stop ;)
The 'Should of, would of, could of' is enough to make me vomit.

Sky and BT Sport pay a staggering £5.136 billion for Premier League TV rights through 2016-19. I literally cannot get my head around this. Means clubs coming bottom of the Premier League 16/17 will get in the region of £99 million in tv revenue. Taking into account that amount will not include the parachute payments.....the gulf just got a lot lot wider now. It's depressing

Sky and BT Sport pay a staggering £5.136 billion for Premier League TV rights through 2016-19. I literally cannot get my head around this. Means clubs coming bottom of the Premier League 16/17 will get in the region of £99 million in tv revenue. Taking into account that amount will not include the parachute payments.....the gulf just got a lot lot wider now. It's depressing

Im all for prem getting more money, but when that money is not going where it should be i.e. Grass roots or saving the real fans money on tickets it's a ******* disgrace

Grant Russell @STVGrant Follow Context. Sky/BT now pay more to show two English Premier League matches than they pay to show a full season of Scottish Premiership games.

£10 million to show 1 match is just beyond the realm of ridiculous. I really do shudder to think just how big the next deal will be after this

£10 million to show 1 match is just beyond the realm of ridiculous. I really do shudder to think just how big the next deal will be after this

could be the one where the **** falls out the tv deal unlikely but clubs need to be ready for when/if that day happens

In other news, Marco Reus has signed a new deal at Dortmund. I'm happy as a BVB fan but would have loved to see him at United. Think Chelsea or Madrid were favourites though.

Here's a list of a selected few clubs, and what they earned from TV deals last season:

Real Madrid £103,7m
Barcelona £103,7m
Liverpool £97,5m
Manchester City £96,6m
Manchester United £89,2m
Everton £85m
Juventus £69,7m
Cardiff £62,1m
Atlético Madrid £31,1m
Bayern München £27,3m

Notice especially the bottom 3. Cardiff earning twice as much as Atletico and Bayern München.

Cardiff get more than Atletico and Bayern combined......wow

Taxpayer Hans funded most of stadium development for 2006 World Cup. That's what kept Bundesliga financially competetive. PL's clubs astronomically higher earnings are in large part devoured by obscene costs of keeping the grounds modernized.

When it comes to Spain, Real and Barca are massively ******* over all the other clubs on TV money. They make 5x more then Atleti. Compare that to City's 96m vs. Everton's 85m. Its nuts.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an open rebellion about it yet.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to one of my all time favourite managers Sir Bobby Robson, would've been 82 today...

R.I.P.

Just watching replay of Sunday Supplement and imo there talking a load o bollocks. Saying the refereeing in the Prem is at a top standard and not that many mistakes is made is just crazy. I think this season has been worse than ever. Every week or every game they are talked about after making poor decsions, which there have been many this season to many!

Just watching replay of Sunday Supplement and imo there talking a load o bollocks. Saying the refereeing in the Prem is at a top standard and not that many mistakes is made is just crazy. I think this season has been worse than ever. Every week or every game they are talked about after making poor decsions, which there have been many this season to many!

Agreed. I thought last season the refereeing was poor, but this season it has been an absolute shambles. Like you said pretty much every week there's at least one poor decision people are talking about and I honestly can't see it getting any better. What makes it even more frustrating is the fact that their performances are getting worse even though they actually do less nowadays with goal-line technology and vanishing spray to help them... Absolutely pathetic!

Back