The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Overall this is probably worst news for Benitez because Kloppo will beat him to any job by a mile :P

With perhaps City being the only exception. I think City are looking for someone experienced with leading big teams, has a record of doing well in the CL, and prefers to sign big names over young talents. Benitez fits that description a little more than Klopp.

TBh, I can't see City landing any of the "bigger" names in management. Its the poisoned chalice.

Yes, they have a lot of money but they also have an ageing, unbalanced squad in desperate need of rejuvenation & a board with a track record of sacking managers for fun.

What they need is stability, experience & a strong vision towards the future. Anyone of the names mentioned could provide them with that given the support.

What they'll get, I'm afraid, will be a mid rep manager looking to make a name for himself, whose ambition blinds him to the size of the task.

Hope I'm wrong but just have that sinking feeling we'll be talking about this again in the not too distant future!

Man City are in big trouble. They have a aging squad, and they do not have the freedom to spend £150million or so again to rebuild with younger talent to keep them up with the other top 4 teams in the premiership. If they aren't careful, they could fail to make the champions league which would put an even bigger dent in their future

Can't believe City let Denis Suarez go. Just watched him against Zenit, came off the bench when Sevilla were loosing and completely changed the game scoring one of the best volleys I have seen in a long time! Boy looks some talant.

didnt know if i should post this or not but im sure youve all seen that kyle walker video thingy, had me and my mates in a fit of laughter.

the funniest thing was when one of my mates legit goes, he wishes he was the dog. XDXDXD

PFA TOTY...

View attachment 277588

There's maybe a couple of things I'd change, perhaps Fabregas for Coutinho, Fonte for Cahill and Clyne instead of Brana, other than that I think it's spot on.

Last edited:
Coutinho being in that squad is an absolute joke.

you could see the reasons for it though, he has been beast in 2015, fabregas was beast in the first half of the season. its was 50/50 toss up and the voting was done when coutinho was bang in form so you could argue a case for him.

Congratulations to Eden Hazard and Harry Kane who have been awarded PFA player and young player of the year along with both of them getting into the team of the year. Both fully deserved.

Emile Heskey's game by numbers:

56% passing
0 shots on target
0 chances created
0 tackles
0 take ons

Emile Heskey's game by numbers:

56% passing
0 shots on target
0 chances created
0 tackles
0 take ons
12 aerial duels won
0 loss of possesion (better than any outfielder outside of CB's and subs)
Also the whole Bolton team managed just 1 shot on goal.

I know you're just making fun of him, but come on give the guy a break :) He's 37 and still playing at fairly high level.

12 aerial duels won
0 loss of possesion (better than any outfielder outside of CB's and subs)
Also the whole Bolton team managed just 1 shot on goal.

I know you're just making fun of him, but come on give the guy a break :) He's 37 and still playing at fairly high level.

Haven't watched one bit of that game. It's all Opta stats or some **** on twitter. I don't hate him or anything.

Haven't watched one bit of that game. It's all Opta stats or some **** on twitter. I don't hate him or anything.
Nah, not saying you are, you just reposted it as a fun fact, no hard feelings. I'm just quite allergic on using the stats that suit the case and leaving other important just to make fun of the guy, many people then think someone is godlike/**** just based on a few stats.

He also said he planned on staying at Dortmund a long time last summer. And a fair few German reporters think he will have a year out. Will see I guess.

Back