The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
It's quite unbelievable that the City heirachy have allowed it to get to this point. Also none of these English players they've bought have really improve their squad (Maybe Sterling) either.
Im sure they will sign a couple more English players. Then slap 50m on De Bruyne late in the window. If that's the case I can see them struggling, they have a lot of average and ageing players still.

It's quite unbelievable that the City heirachy have allowed it to get to this point. Also none of these English players they've bought have really improve their squad (Maybe Sterling) either.

TBF, which English players would improve their squad? Rooney? Baines? Never going to happen, so why not play the futures?

TBF, which English players would improve their squad? Rooney? Baines? Never going to happen, so why not play the futures?
The only one I think we will see is Sterling. Delph and Roberts no chance. They have better players, and Pellegrini will be under to much pressure to give any youngsters a go.

Im sure they will sign a couple more English players. Then slap 50m on De Bruyne late in the window. If that's the case I can see them struggling, they have a lot of average and ageing players still.

There's only really Toure who'd you say was really ageing.

The best XI you'd put out from that City squad is a good mix who are primed among the experienced players to make another serious run IMHO. Keeping Augero healthy is key to them, and they will surely strengthen in the midfield area and add some better depth.

But first XI wise, they're as good as anything behind Chelsea IMHO. What happened last year I don't know, but I doubt it happens to anything like that extent again.

Last edited:
There's only really Toure who'd you say was really ageing.

The best XI you'd put out from that City squad is a good mix who are primed among the experienced players to make another serious run IMHO. Keeping Augero healthy is key to them, and they will surely strengthen in the midfield and add some better depth.

But first XI wise, they're as good as anything behind Chelsea. What happened last year I don't know, but I doubt it happens to anything like that extent again.
I don't think so tbh. Kompany has got worse after last 2 seasons, Mangala has looked a massive flop, Demichellis is getting on now and I don't think any of there LBs are that good tbh. Fernando just looked pure average. Nasri and Toure only play when they want to Navas is just an average winger and speed merchant. Fernandinho I like but is what 31/32 soon. Obviously Silva is pure class but must be nearly 30? Bony is a good back up STR. Dzecko and Jovetic most likely leaving so will be short in that department. Cant see Delph or Roberts improving them at all. And Sterling we will have to see. I think they have a lot more problems than not.

I don't think so tbh. Kompany has got worse after last 2 seasons, Mangala has looked a massive flop, Demichellis is getting on now and I don't think any of there LBs are that good tbh. Fernando just looked pure average. Nasri and Toure only play when they want to Navas is just an average winger and speed merchant. Fernandinho I like but is what 31/32 soon. Obviously Silva is pure class but must be nearly 30? Bony is a good back up STR. Dzecko and Jovetic most likely leaving so will be short in that department. Cant see Delph or Roberts improving them at all. And Sterling we will have to see. I think they have a lot more problems than not.

Can't buy that experience. Aside from I'd disagree on the quality of that experience (I'd still take Kompany for example over the vast majority of the league); I wouldn't judge Mangala on his first season over here. And Bony will more than likely be a far bigger part this season than last years settling in.

I think it's another year down the line where City will be hit and need to start seriously thinking about making sweeping changes in rebuilding. They've let them all grow old together. But with another top midfield addition to start, they look to be primed to me to make one more serious run. Can't buy that experience.

The fact they're currently flying under the radar going into the season may well suit them better too.

Can't buy that experience. Aside from I'd disagree on the quality of that experience (I'd still take Kompany for example over the vast majority of the league); I wouldn't judge Mangala on his first season over here. And Bony will more than likely be a far bigger part this season than last years settling in.

I think it's another year down the line where City will be hit and need to start seriously thinking about making sweeping changes in rebuilding. They've let them all grow old together. But with another top midfield addition to start, they look to be primed to me to make one more serious run. Can't buy that experience.

The fact they're currently flying under the radar going into the season may well suit them better too.
That's all well and good having experience, but I still don't see an awful lot of quality either. I expect them to be up near the top, but finishing 4th this year.

That's all well and good having experience, but I still don't see an awful lot of quality either. I expect them to be up near the top, but finishing 4th this year.

The only change I can see is maybe a flipping of last years 3rd and 4th place teams personally. Sans more transfer movement that may change that.

We shall see.

Any regulars or new members alike fancy doing FM base fantasy football? Probs use the official EPL game not really used it before because I play fantasy iteam but I don't mind starting a base league if people wanna do it.

I'd be keen! Sorry missed your post before. :)

God some of the stupidity and saltiness on the forum the last few days is ******* insane, you all either need to get fooking laid or have a beer or preferably both then engage the brain before posting :P

I mean my posts sometimes resemble something mildly intelligent but mostly comedic wankery but come on guys!!!!!

Oh and I have had a skinful in case you're wondering muhahahahaaha

God some of the stupidity and saltiness on the forum the last few days is ******* insane, you all either need to get fooking laid or have a beer or preferably both then engage the brain before posting :P

I mean my posts sometimes resemble something mildly intelligent but mostly comedic wankery but come on guys!!!!!

Oh and I have had a skinful in case you're wondering muhahahahaaha
You need to lay off the drink and get this **** FF sorted out muhahahaha :P

05y02SNk_normal.jpg
Lee Clayton
@LeeClayton_ Breaking: Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford signing for Crystal Palace (one year loan) #cpfc

Back