The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
The top teams looked totally vulnerable today. A lot of work is ahead for them to compete in Europe. Chelsea and Man United look like lumbering paper giants against a bunch of torch carrying trolls. Swansea should of got 3 points today.

Easy mate. It's the 1st game of the season. I don't think English teams will fare well in Europe either but that's due to structural problems with the league schedules rather than any lack of real quality per se

Easy mate. It's the 1st game of the season. I don't think English teams will fare well in Europe either but that's due to structural problems with the league schedules rather than any lack of real quality per se

But those league schedules was never a problem from 2005-2010 when England teams were going very well in Europe.

I know its only one game in but what a fantastic signing Payet looks for West Ham

West Ham have some good players tbh Adrien has been very solid for them and was highly rated in Spain at one time. Jenkinson has improved no end Reid is underated imo and the signing of Ogbonna will be massive. Zarate,Kouyate,Sakho,Valencia and Payet signing has made then a good team imo. Then there is Song,Halalovic and Hernandez are all close according to media, not Hernandez but sounds like a bid is coming.

I understand it is just the first week in a very long campaign. But all the so-called top teams have looked quite poor. Maybe in preseason instead of traveling all over the world, they should stay in England and get their heads on straight. There is no excuse for getting out of the blocks so slowly.

I understand it is just the first week in a very long campaign. But all the so-called top teams have looked quite poor. Maybe in preseason instead of traveling all over the world, they should stay in England and get their heads on straight. There is no excuse for getting out of the blocks so slowly.

Sadly. domestic pre-season's/ tours to Ireland/ Scandinavia etc are things of the past now as it's ALL about money.

Liverpool for example won't accept less than a million sterling match fee for a key first team friendly. I really fancied going to Vietnam this summer as we had a planned friendly as part of our tour but it fell through as the Vietnamese couldn't raise the sponsorship to match the appearance fee which the Thai's could.

ALL about the green sadly in today's game.

Sadly. domestic pre-season's/ tours to Ireland/ Scandinavia etc are things of the past now as it's ALL about money.

Liverpool for example won't accept less than a million sterling match fee for a key first team friendly. I really fancied going to Vietnam this summer as we had a planned friendly as part of our tour but it fell through as the Vietnamese couldn't raise the sponsorship to match the appearance fee which the Thai's could.

ALL about the green sadly in today's game.
It is all about the money. I am a Yank and I appreciate the opportunity to see top players in person, so when they sell 90k tickets for a friendly, I do not know a team in the world that would turn down that payday. But I rather spend my money on and watch a MLS match. Some good ball playing there. Better than what Man United, Chelsea, and Arsenal gave us this weekend. City can come and make a real statement on Monday with a solid performance.

I was at work last night on pay, started watching MOTD 2 because I had not watched goals on sunday didn't have chance and tell you what turned it off. Two words "absolute gash". Cannot stomach it, its so boring, I could do better analysis myself never mind if I had people analysing the game for me! How can "good" analysis be showing a graphic highlighting the Arsenal players and saying thery were narrow! Its absolute *****, I want to be educated, I want to be entertained and most of all I want to understand! not bored to tears so much that I turn it off after the second match (and do not get me started on the newcastle match commentator) We are spoiled on sky because aside from redknapp I would say most the pundits are semi decent, also Nev and Carra are awesome but for the life of me there must be better pundits out there than the ******* beeb have, I would prefer it if they had a proper analyst rather than ex players, bcause the players they choose are about as exciting as sitting on a hedgehog!

TL : DR MOTD sucks donkey balls

Rant Over

Last edited:
Silva is pure class. Everything about his game is top notch. Easily one of the best number 10's in the league.

£49 million and still can't finish for ****.

Made up for it in so many other ways though. Watching Liverpool fans' try their best to downplay Sterling as he reminds the rest of the world that he's still an exceptionally exciting talent is going to be highly entertaining. (6)

Made up for it in so many other ways though. Watching Liverpool fans' try their best to downplay Sterling as he reminds the rest of the world that he's still an exceptionally exciting talent is going to be highly entertaining. (6)

This. he's 20. He's got so much potential and time to learn and hone his skills.

He did? All pace and no end product as so often was the case. Not going to miss that in the slightest.

He did? All pace and no end product as so often was the case. Not going to miss that in the slightest.

This is so revisionist its actually nonsense.

Last season he was created an average of 2.5 chances a game, that's is a lot by anyones standards. The fact that they were not put away by others is not his fault. In fact his no end product was creating more chances a game than anyone else, despite having a poor season. 7 league goals and 7 assists to boot. Imagine what happens when he "does get some end product" eh?

Sterling is by no means polished, can work on his decision making, and hes not a natural finisher. He's also 20. The idea that he cannot improve and is not a massive talent is utterly ludicrous. They key is honing that talent, and City will do that, if they pair him with De Bruyne they will be set.

I was at work last night on pay, started watching MOTD 2 because I had not watched goals on sunday didn't have chance and tell you what turned it off. Two words "absolute gash". Cannot stomach it, its so boring, I could do better analysis myself never mind if I had people analysing the game for me! How can "good" analysis be showing a graphic highlighting the Arsenal players and saying thery were narrow! Its absolute *****, I want to be educated, I want to be entertained and most of all I want to understand! not bored to tears so much that I turn it off after the second match (and do not get me started on the newcastle match commentator) We are spoiled on sky because aside from redknapp I would say most the pundits are semi decent, also Nev and Carra are awesome but for the life of me there must be better pundits out there than the ******* beeb have, I would prefer it if they had a proper analyst rather than ex players, bcause the players they choose are about as exciting as sitting on a hedgehog!

TL : DR MOTD sucks donkey balls

Rant Over

Have you seen the pundits they have what did you expect. From Alan 'thanks for stating the obvious' shearer to Jermaine ' Is he still playing' jenas.

Back