The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
BTW, as much as I still think City will ultimately be the closest challengers again, I'd put little on tonights game with West Brom's putrid surrender of a gameplan. They did what they had to do and looked good doing it. But when West Brom had everyone behind the ball without pressing, it turns into a training game and the easiest of contests.

The real test and any statement will be this Sunday against Chelsea.

Ru1qr9IM_normal.png
Southampton FC
@SouthamptonFC CONFIRMED: #SaintsFC completes the signing of @OriolRomeu from @chelseafc on a three-year contract.

So SSN are running with Leicester close to signing Gokhan Inler! Anyone else think that's a bit ******* mental?

Never been to Naples so cannot say, but he is a ****** good player I know that much, a real coup if Leicester pull this off.

I wouldn't advise it. Poor and moody as all ****. And swerve it like the plague if a match is on. Played them in the Uefa a few years back. Not too many went out but there were some typical Italian, gutless shithouse attacks on small groups. That said. by the time the return game came around the stories had grown out of control and our little knobs were a complete disgrace in the revenge attacks at Anfield on a real ugly night.

But Naples as a whole was a complete filthy, poverty stricken shithole with a real moody atmosphere. Pompei just down the road is like chalk and cheese. Had a boss day there.

I wouldn't advise it. Poor and moody as all ****. And swerve it like the plague if a match is on. Played them in the Uefa a few years back. Not too many went out but there were some typical Italian, gutless shithouse attacks on small groups. That said. by the time the return game came around the stories had grown out of control and our little knobs were a complete disgrace in the revenge attacks at Anfield on a real ugly night.

But Naples as a whole was a complete filthy, poverty stricken shithole with a real moody atmosphere. Pompei just down the road is like chalk and cheese. Had a boss day there.

Aye Naples is like a dark spot on Italy. The people there drive crazily. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near there when a match is on due to hooligans. The only thing that saves the city is it's pizza. It's unbeatable. And the fact that the island Capri is a boat trip away

Aye Naples is like a dark spot on Italy. The people there drive crazily. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near there when a match is on due to hooligans. The only thing that saves the city is it's pizza. It's unbeatable. And the fact that the island Capri is a boat trip away

Absolutely on the pizza. In and out of stone oven. Old school perfection. There was a blanket alcohol ban the day before and the day of the match. Anyway, we'd gotten set up in this 'Mamma and Pappa' family run pizzeria just back from the hotel as a base. And they were more than happy to break out the vino and reap the profits. Which was even more amusing as it was two doors down from a police station. Anyways, before long, a couple of Carabinieri walk in for their lunch, and they're sat down looking over at the empty wine bottles. So this being Italy, we naturally sent them over a couple of bottles, and they turned a complete blind eye to any alcohol ban the whole time we were there ha ha.

Napoli are just about the last team I want to pull out of pot 1 at the end of this month.

Sounds like most places I've been to in Brazil tbf ;)

Absolutely on the pizza. In and out of stone oven. Old school perfection. There was a blanket alcohol ban the day before and the day of the match. Anyway, we'd gotten set up in this 'Mamma and Pappa' family run pizzeria just back from the hotel as a base. And they were more than happy to break out the vino and reap the profits. Which was even more amusing as it was two doors down from a police station. Anyways, before long, a couple of Carabinieri walk in for their lunch, and they're sat down looking over at the empty wine bottles. So this being Italy, we naturally sent them over a couple of bottles, and they turned a complete blind eye to any alcohol ban the whole time we were there ha ha.

Napoli are just about the last team I want to pull out of pot 1 at the end of this month.

The hardest part was that there were hundreds of pizzeria's so you always wasted time trying to pick one even though they all served the same stuff with the difference in quality minimal. Despite the general atmosphere and the hooliganism, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The people there love their good, alcohol and football so it suits me just fine

However personally for myself, the best places I have been to Italy to watch footie have been Siena and Florence. Absolutely beautiful places

However personally for myself, the best places I have been to Italy to watch footie have been Siena and Florence. Absolutely beautiful places

Completely agree on Florence. Although that's a little skewed football wise as they absolutely love us since Heysel. Another example of how seriously f'ed-up Italian football fans are ..... Given Fiorentina's hatred for Juventus. there's still in big graffiti 'Liverpool 1985' at the ground 'celebrating' the Turin deaths. Treated like Kings in Florence. SMH. Been twice there as they had us up in Florence before the game in Genoa early '90's and loved it both times. Loved Udine too. Real quaint little place. No trouble at all. And the added bonus of Venice just down the train tracks. Verona, Udine and Venice was a great Europa trip a couple of years ago and I'd highly recommend any of that part of Northern Italy.

Rome's another beautiful City but like Naples, avoid it like the plague when there's a football match on.

I'm told that Inter was a great trip a few years back with nothing like the usual **** you get in Italy. But I jibbed that being as I have a big thing for Milan and watching Inter at the San Siro just wouldn't of been the same. :P

Aye Naples is like a dark spot on Italy. The people there drive crazily. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near there when a match is on due to hooligans.

So, pretty much any city in Italy? Milan, Florence, Turin, they all have their dark sides, Naples' is just bigger. You guys are really overselling it here: there are plenty of nice places to go if you know where to look.

So, pretty much any city in Italy? Milan, Florence, Turin, they all have their dark sides, Naples' is just bigger. You guys are really overselling it here: there are plenty of nice places to go if you know where to look.

Of course every city has it's ugly side. The problem is that Naples takes it to another level. At least people in Milan and Florence are more orderly and friendly. In Napoli, the general atmosphere is unwelcoming. People don't respect basic traffic rules (I saw plenty of instances of people driving on the wrong side of the road or on the train tracks and break signals in my short stay). Also heaven forbid if you are a foreign fan visiting during a game and can't afford hotels in the snazzier areas

As mentioned though, I enjoyed my stay there. It is just very different from most of the Italian cities I visited

Completely agree on Florence. Although that's a little skewed football wise as they absolutely love us since Heysel. Another example of how seriously f'ed-up Italian football fans are ..... Given Fiorentina's hatred for Juventus. there's still in big graffiti 'Liverpool 1985' at the ground 'celebrating' the Turin deaths. Treated like Kings in Florence. SMH. Been twice there as they had us up in Florence before the game in Genoa early '90's and loved it both times. Loved Udine too. Real quaint little place. No trouble at all. And the added bonus of Venice just down the train tracks. Verona, Udine and Venice was a great Europa trip a couple of years ago and I'd highly recommend any of that part of Northern Italy.

Rome's another beautiful City but like Naples, avoid it like the plague when there's a football match on.

I'm told that Inter was a great trip a few years back with nothing like the usual **** you get in Italy. But I jibbed that being as I have a big thing for Milan and watching Inter at the San Siro just wouldn't of been the same. :P

The only reason I love Florence is the history and culture. I am a sucker for cities where you can just walk and walk and admire the beauty of the old age architecture. Plus I love Italian food so there you have it. Milan is great although the nature of a big city, the people are more in rush and have less time for tourists. Rome as always is beautiful although again as you mentioned, avoid it when a match is on

The only place where I would probably recommend not to go anywhere near is surprisingly the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Place is an absolute dump. You park your car to head out to see the monument and you get weird sorts coming to offer you all sorts of rubbish like drugs. Worst part is entry is free so every tour bus basically heads there and dumps hundreds of people so it's incredibly crowded the whole day. The beauty of the place is further ruined by numerous cheap stalls selling trinkets along the pathway so you don't even have place to walk. Entire place is ultra-commercialized. Completely regret taking a detour to head there

Wow. That red card was shocking for Adrian. This high foot thing needs to stop already

Back