The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I hope he does well but like you said, he was a good pundit!

Yeah MNF will not be the same now especially the banter between him and Carra, its a big hole to fill dunno who will get it probs Thierry hopefully not Redknapp cannot cope with him.

Stoke have been all over city should be way more than 2-0. City have also been woeful again

That's a mad result for the top half.
Sure Liverpool will be feckin top before the new year.

Well it's been an interesting weekend of football. And now Chelsea lie only 2 points above relegation. Personally think they aren't going to go down but dear god

I am genuinely scared if Guardiola moves to City. They have everything to dominate the English game for a long long time

I am more worried about we losing our 4th spot in CL. Arsenal will have hard battle to win tonight and Che is also not yet through the group.

Serie A managed only two teams into group stage and from these Juve has qualified, but as second and will have hard time getting further and Roma are also pretty sure to go through, but also as 2nd of their group so I don't expect either to go that far this year.

Whereas City managed to win their group and will have advantage and Chelsea can also do it today.

Serie A have three strong teams in Europa League and now that Utd also dropped there just need to make sure english teams do better.

Serie A managed only two teams into group stage and from these Juve has qualified, but as second and will have hard time getting further and Roma are also pretty sure to go through, but also as 2nd of their group so I don't expect either to go that far this year.

Whereas City managed to win their group and will have advantage and Chelsea can also do it today.

Serie A have three strong teams in Europa League and now that Utd also dropped there just need to make sure english teams do better.

It's very important that Arsenal and Chelsea qualify today. There is bonus of 4 points if teams qualify.

What makes it worse is PL have 2 teams out already, so points are divided by 8. For Italy, they have 5/6 teams playing. So overall points is divided by 5.

If Chelsea, Arsenal and City qualify then each team will get bonus points of 4 or 5 which would help a lot.

It's very important that Arsenal and Chelsea qualify today. There is bonus of 4 points if teams qualify.

What makes it worse is PL have 2 teams out already, so points are divided by 8. For Italy, they have 5/6 teams playing. So overall points is divided by 5.

If Chelsea, Arsenal and City qualify then each team will get bonus points of 4 or 5 which would help a lot.

Yeah its 5 points for round of 16 qualification and it helps as italians have been quite dominant in EL where all wins are also awarded +2 points same as in CL.

Yeah thats true.

But it seems that Liverpool is going good right now?
Also I hope that Van Gaal takes it serious because he needs to prove something.

Yeah looks like Klopp is giving a good go which is good to see.

Nothing beats the confidence gained by winning trophies. No matter what trophies they should try to win,

Also I don't understand some United fans saying Europa might impact our league form. We are anyways not good enough to win the league, so what's the point of football for fans if it's not about winning cups.

Yeah its 5 points for round of 16 qualification and it helps as italians have been quite dominant in EL where all wins are also awarded +2 points same as in CL.

Yeah, Europa and CL wins are worth same points but playing in group stages means teams get 4 points at the start and if teams qualify for round of 16 they will get 5 points bonus.

For Europa it's 2 points for playing in group stage but no bonus for qualifying for first KOs.

Garry Monk gone. A couple of months ago and media were already anointing him as the next England manager. Shows how fickle they can be

Nice play by Bournemouth, I think they will not be relegated.

Nice play by Bournemouth, I think they will not be relegated.

Love to see it but it's gonna' have to be against all the odds.

An already light squad is now pretty threadbare with all the serious injuries. Christmas is going to be a heck of a tough challenge coping with that but here's hoping they do manage to somehow survive.

Yeah, Villa have gone. Even this early. There's absolutely nothing on this team. No organisation. No fight. No notin'.

6 points. 16 games in. And looking absolutely shocking in every aspect today.

Villa plus 2 going down.

Villa has to be one of the teams being relegated. Shockingly horrible team. Only two other places for Bournemouth to avoid.

I've just heard a stat on Sky Sports News HQ, no team in Premier League history who are top after 16 matches have finished the season outside the top 4. Wow Leicester City Champions League next season?.

Last edited:
Back