The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Excuse after excuse really. Based on the current situation, any suggestion that Ibe is better or has more potential than Sterling is a laughable one and that is something those LFC fans who made the comparison in the summer must accept. If Ibe suddenly starts showing this world-beating potential that no one else outside Liverpool can see, then we can have this discussion again

This gonna' come up every time Sterling scores/ plays well and not when he has quite games out of interest it being a mundane discussion?

His sale was justified because of his **** poor attitude that had stalled his game and was part of a culture at the football club that needed changing. No more needs adding.

We had this discussion before in the summer. Sterling didn't exactly cover himself in glory with the way he left but it really wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Plenty of players have done far worse to engineer a move away for completely unjustified reasons. Like Di Maria who didn't bother turning up for Utd pre season tour or Gallas who said he will score own goals

The whole Sterling saga was just amplified because the media is filled with ex-Liverpool players who lauched a massive character attack on him and made him out to be public enemy No.1 while glossing over the mistakes of the club itself

Now that Sterling is finally showing what he can do when he is playing in a proper team under a good manager, their silence speakers volumes. His second goal was absolutely brilliant

Never gonna' agree with you on that mate so I'm leaving it.

Suffice to say, as much as he quite possibly could be a great fit for a Klopp team with his pace, his attitude is something I wouldn't have back at the club if you paid me.

November 21st at City is one to mark down. Klopp will be 6 weeks in. Sterling's first game against us. Ibe may be involved. Yeah, that's one to mark down.

This gonna' come up every time Sterling scores/ plays well and not when he has quite games out of interest it being a mundane discussion?

If it does, you lot have only yourselves to blame. As I said, opposition fans weren't the ones comparing Sterling and Ibe

Excuse after excuse really. Based on the current situation, any suggestion that Ibe is better or has more potential than Sterling is a laughable one and that is something those LFC fans who made the comparison in the summer must accept. If Ibe suddenly starts showing this world-beating potential that no one else outside Liverpool can see, then we can have this discussion again

You really are stupid arn't you. I dont know how many times this has to be said, you cant compare two players who are at different levels in terms of development. This is Ibe's first season as a first teamer. The reason why it was said that ibe could be better was because coaches who have trained both him and sterling deemed it so. wether you agree with that is up to you, im done replying to idiots who cant cant get that.

You really are stupid arn't you. I dont know how many times this has to be said, you cant compare two players who are at different levels in terms of development. This is Ibe's first season as a first teamer. The reason why it was said that ibe could be better was because coaches who have trained both him and sterling deemed it so. wether you agree with that is up to you, im done replying to idiots who cant cant get that.

Sighs I agree with you but as I said, it was LFC fans themselves who made the comparison in the summer. Opposition fans are just calling them out on the absurdity of it. Anyways this is going in circles so I am more than happy to agree to disagree

Also the irony of calling someone an idiot when your post is filled with spelling and grammar mistakes. Try not to do that again. You'll just embarrass yourself

Sighs I agree with you but as I said, it was LFC fans themselves who made the comparison in the summer. Opposition fans are just calling them out on the absurdity of it. Anyways this is going in circles so I am more than happy to agree to disagree

Also the irony of calling someone an idiot when your post is filled with spelling and grammar mistakes. Try not to do that again. You'll just embarrass yourself

Try typing on a ****** samsung keypad lol. I just re read my reply and it came across way to harsh. Soz. Anyway like you said agree to disagree even though im right. :P

If it does, you lot have only yourselves to blame. As I said, opposition fans weren't the ones comparing Sterling and Ibe

Neither were L'pool fans so far as I recall. Speaking personally, comparing the two directly is fruitless as they're two completely different type of players. Ones an out and out winger. The other isn't.

What was said when Ibe was brought up (and you can go back and check but that was from others in a 'and like who you got that can replace Raheem? Ibe?' way as people need an answer for debate. Lot of revisionist history going on here); was one is a better long term prospect with a higher ceiling. That I still stand to having watched both up close.

We shall now see if that is brought out under a manager that won't destroy his confidence by having him play backwards/ wingback at first team level as it has at every other age level.

..... Anyway like you said agree to disagree even though im right. :P

Related, even though you aren't ha ha: If there's one thing I've learned in life (which admittedly isn't much); is a woman is always right. Even when she's wrong.

That knowledge makes life much easier lol.

Sterling is close to world-class and an already developed PLAYER, while Ibe is an 18 year old with some raw talent. Ibe isn't developed enough to even guarantee he would be half as good a Sterling. When Sterling was 17, he played 37 games in a season for Liverpool's first team. Another example is Cesc Fabregas, who played 57 games in season for the invincibles at just 17 years old. He was starting regulsrly with Viera, Ljungburg, Gilberto etc at just 17. There is a smaller chance of Ibe becoming world class at this point than not. History and current ability says that Sterling is on the verge of world class.

Sterling is close to world-class and an already developed PLAYER, while Ibe is an 18 year old with some raw talent. Ibe isn't developed enough to even guarantee he would be half as good a Sterling. When Sterling was 17, he played 37 games in a season for Liverpool's first team. Another example is Cesc Fabregas, who played 57 games in season for the invincibles at just 17 years old. He was starting regulsrly with Viera, Ljungburg, Gilberto etc at just 17. There is a smaller chance of Ibe becoming world class at this point than not. History and current ability says that Sterling is on the verge of world class.

That's not accurate way to judge though.

Ronaldo played only 31 games by the time he was 18 and scored just 5 goals in weaker league, Rooney by the time he was 18 played 77 times and scored 17 goals. He was also one of the best young player in Euro 2004, all these when he was 18.

We all know who ended up being better player.

Just because some player played more at younger age doesn't mean he will end up better. There are lot of variables to be considered.

That's not accurate way to judge though.

Ronaldo played only 31 games by the time he was 18 and scored just 5 goals in weaker league, Rooney by the time he was 18 played 77 times and scored 17 goals. He was also one of the best young player in Euro 2004, all these when he was 18.

We all know who ended up being better player.

Just because some player played more at younger age doesn't mean he will end up better. There are lot of variables to be considered.

They both became world-class players. My point was that players that play a large number of games for a first team at that age generally become world class. Where did you get that stat from? By 17, Ronaldo had played 25 league games for sporting and by the time he turned 18, he'd played 44 games for Manchester United. Ronaldo and Rooney still became legendary players.

I understand that players have different rates of development, however there's no denying that being more developed at a younger age increases the chance of becoming world class.

it's more about the quality of players surrounding him to be honest and if sterling became as good as you say he did by playing for liverpool until his move to manchester city then why can't Ibe do the same? he's been really promising in the past few seasons just hasn't gotten a lot of playing time

It's almost as if the Sunderland squad only discover they are professional football players during Tyne-Wear derbies and the last 8 games of the season

I have no Earthly explanation how Bournemouth lost that game. Man, Wilson has hit them so hard. They can't buy a goal no matter how hard they try.

Jammy Geordie twats.

French national anthem to be played at Premier League games | Football News | Sky Sports

Great to read. I was expecting a silence and some degree of remembrance being this is the first round of league games since the horrific events of last Friday. Very fitting.
I think this is a tad too far now. What happened was sad but this is definitely grief whoring tbh. What happened at Wembley was absolute class and whilst I respect the French nation alot, why doesn't the other countries that suffered horrific events get a mention? Should we also sing their national anthem before each game on game week? Why aren't the other leagues doing it? Some of the questions are for a different discussion but you get my point.

Last edited:
hat happened at Wembley was absolute class and whilst I respect the French nation alot, why does the other countries that suffered horrific events get a mention?

Oh don't be like that. White people died, that's serious business. Too bad that literally nobody gave a **** when exactly same thing happened in Turkey just a month ago.

Back