The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I think it's too soon to say they will finish top 4.. looking at their next 5 games, away to Everton and Liverpool, home to Man City, home to Bournemouth who just beat 2 big teams and finally away to Spurs..

I will genuinely think they will secure top 4 if they manage to beat those teams.

The real refreshing and brilliant thing about Leicester with their great counter attacking this year, and the vast majority of teams now come to that; is sides are playing for wins and trying to score goals. As opposed to sitting and playing for a point. Win one of 3 games, you've got the three points it takes three drawn games to achieve. And improved your GD in so doing. It's not rocket science.

Absolute ******* managers like Pulis and Allardyce are mercifully becoming less and less. Pulls is the complete anti-football manager who's game is so archaic '80's/ '90's Wimbledon are embarrassed for him. 9 behind the ball at all times, packed with big bruisers looking to win a set piece who just launch it down the other end. And Allardyce is little better. It's effective. But it's beyond horrible to watch with no quality at all.

A few years ago, you had over half the league playing that way and dragging the overall standard down. But now, outside of those two knobheads, I'm struggling to think of anyone else that does on a regular basis. SO refreshing to see teams like Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham getting back to their roots, Stoke who've improved ten fold in their approach since they ditched Pulis for Hughes et all; going out, playing football and having a darn good go at winning games.

And the BPL is SO much better for it again.

Last edited:
Also watching Leicester play is enjoyment on its own. Players play motivated, having fun, high work rate, the desire to win and most important, they play as team. Everybody knows their place. I know Vardy and Machrez are the main guys who shine the most, but the other 9 guys are doing also a lot of work. Captain Wes Morgan had Costa in his pocket and Kante is dominating, having the most interceptions in prem.
It is just joy to watch them.

Oh, no question. Under Ranieri, who'm I've always liked and who seems just a genuinely nice guy, they're really enjoying playing football again and as you say, it shines through watching them.

I'd love them to last the pace and finish top 4. I can't see it personally. (The last 'surprise' top 4 team here was Everton back in 2005. 10 years ago. Then you're really struggling. Newcastle maybe?). And you'd think the Christmas period will be hard on teams like them without the squad depth so should level things out.

But it'd be absolutely awesome to see a club like Leicester City shake up the order.

I really liked Albrighton years ago when he first started appearing for Villa, shame he had to move on to show how good he could be but I bet he isn't regretting that now looking at the two sides!

Leicester now 20-1 to win title from 5000-1.

Not surprised in the slightest

Everton 1 Leicester 3. Writing was on the wall.

Thing is I'm genuinely not that disappointed. Leicester are playing tremondous football and thoroughly deserve all their plaudits. They've been brilliant to watch

Really looking forward to Leicester Boxing Day.

When the fixtures came out, it was 'Ugh. Uninspiring home game the holiday.'

Not now.

https://twitter.com/premierleague

Premier League@premierleague 2m2 minutes ago #LCFC are the 1st team in #BPL history to be bottom on Christmas Day one season and top on Christmas Day the next! pic.twitter.com/mIFvRPaiwF
CWmn7ZrW4AA1ztG.jpg

• Retweets

And not forgetting Crystal Palace either who also have a chance of getting into Europe-currently tied on 29 points with Man Utd and Spurs. Pards has done a great job there.

And the odds have been halved to 10-1 for Leicester to win the title now

Wish I could of watched the Stoke v Palace match (grumbles at cable provider). Instead we got more ManU crapfest.

Bet Garry Monk is thinking why didn't you play like this when I was still in charge, Swansea been great these opening 20 just lack that killer instinct because Gomis is wank!

This match is the last leg of my Watford, Leed and Swansea treble. **** me Gomis is so poor right now woefully out of form. Tempted to just cashout.

One time Swansea goal machine Michu has signed for a side in the spanish fourth division. Biggest one season wonder ever?

One time Swansea goal machine Michu has signed for a side in the spanish fourth division. Biggest one season wonder ever?

He was really good the season before he signed for them though. His biggest trouble was that he got involved in the Spanish dressing room issues with Laudrup, ended up loaned up because of it and then got injured a lot. Not sure the guy did a whole lot wrong, everything that could have gone badly for him did relentlessly for the past few years.

Ok, on the eve of the new season, here's my predictions for the league season:

1) Chelsea.

2) City.
3) Arsenal.
4) Liverpool/ Utd.
5) Liverpool/ Utd.
6) Tottenham.

Everton bottom 10. Again.

Relegation Positions.

18) Villa/ Newcastle/ Sunderland: Think one of those three will go. Undecided on who but order of who I think is most likely.
19) Norwich City.
20) Watford.

Ok, as we're as near as **** it half way through the year, let's revisit this with final predictions for the season:

1) City.
2) Arsenal.
3) Liverpool/ Utd.
4) Liverpool/ Utd.
5) Tottenham.
6) Leicester.

Everton to sneak into the top 10.

Relegation Positions.

18) Newcastle or Norwich.
19) Sunderland.
20) Villa.

Everyone else's are back on page 255 for anyone interested. With most all of you having Leicester down. Been a funny old first half the year huh?

Here's to the second half the season being just as exciting.

Merry Christmas.

Ok, I don't comment here often (& make predictions even less) but here we go.

1) Arsenal - No-one else seems to want to win it, they'll fall over the line but with no conviction really.
2) Man City - Should have just about had the title wrapped up by now, bye Manuel.
3) Tottenham - Not sure why, just like their chances.
4) Man U - Just because this Leicester business has to end some time & Liverpool still don't look convincing.
5) Leicester - They have to slip, don't they? Just a question of how far.
6) Liverpool - Meh, If Everton were half the team they should be, I'd have them 7th.

18) Norwich
- Because Newcastle & Swansea can do better, not sure Norwich can.
19) Sunderland - Well, they look better then Villa. Slightly.
20) Villa - They've got nothing.

I'd have Chelsea around the same. Too much ground to make up on the European places. But too much talent to not click and rise to just outside those.

Presumably they'll go out for the Cup to get back in.

Back