The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Interesting to note neither Ronaldo nor Messi voted for each other......

If you get a chance, watch the Villa goal on the highlights. It's a bit of a......yeah....interesting one from the keeper......

Ballon d'Or is dumb. Awards are dumb in general.

What should exist instead, is Hall of Fame sort of thing. One player elected per year. Once you're inducted, that's it, you're in.

Don't get me wrong, Messi and Ronaldo are deservedly dominating Ballon d'Or. But it boggles the mind that people like Buffon or Iniesta will unavoidably retire without winning a highest honor that can be awarded by the football community. I mean, for all purposes, Buffon is as good of a goalkeeper as Messi is a forward. They're both genuine contenders for best player of all time in their respective position. But one wins year after year, and the other never even had an honest chance at winning in his entire career that spans over 2 decades.

Seriously, if you look at the list of players who never won Ballon, its mind blowing. It's not just defenders and goalkeepers, either. Raul. Del Piero. Cantona. Shearer. Henry. And that's just off the top off my head. Its ridiculous. All these guys are legitimate legends of the game.

Ballon d'Or is dumb. Awards are dumb in general.

What should exist instead, is Hall of Fame sort of thing. One player elected per year. Once you're inducted, that's it, you're in.

Don't get me wrong, Messi and Ronaldo are deservedly dominating Ballon d'Or. But it boggles the mind that people like Buffon or Iniesta will unavoidably retire without winning a highest honor that can be awarded by the football community. I mean, for all purposes, Buffon is as good of a goalkeeper as Messi is a forward. They're both genuine contenders for best player of all time in their respective position. But one wins year after year, and the other never even had an honest chance at winning in his entire career that spans over 2 decades.

Seriously, if you look at the list of players who never won Ballon, its mind blowing. It's not just defenders and goalkeepers, either. Raul. Del Piero. Cantona. Shearer. Henry. And that's just off the top off my head. Its ridiculous. All these guys are legitimate legends of the game.

Tactical voting is pathetic and they should be named and shamed. Everyone has their opinions on who is the best player but Ronaldo not voting for Messi or any Barca players, same with Messi is beyond pathetic.

Ronaldo even gave up his voting to someone else as he can't vote for himself.

Some Pakistan coach voted Robben as best player and Indian coach voted KDB I think as their best player.

They should change the voting system. Also whoever selects team of the year needs a massive slap on his face and should be made to tape gay **** with them acting in it. Ramos is in every year, Iniesta was the least impressive midfielder of Barca and still he gets in. Pogba wasn't even Juve's best midfielder but he was in.

Some Pakistan coach voted Robben as best player and Indian coach voted KDB I think as their best player.

Lol, yes. I saw that too. Some dude in some god forsaken place voted on Mascherano too.

Seems like its only 3rd world countries where the voting can be even considered legitimate. Everywhere else its campaigning and popularity contest.

Apart from the fact we threw the game against Chelsea, JT a yard offside and the goal stands? **** off. It's not the fact we ended up drawing-as an Everton fan you get used to the losing of leads.

It's the officiating that's really getting ridiculous. So MoTM goes to the lino for being the key 12th man.

Salty as f***? After that officiating display your dam right I am. Sort your **** out officials because you'll cost a club it's premiership status on a relegation sunday battle

Apart from the fact we threw the game against Chelsea, JT a yard offside and the goal stands? **** off. It's not the fact we ended up drawing-as an Everton fan you get used to the losing of leads.

It's the officiating that's really getting ridiculous. So MoTM goes to the lino for being the key 12th man.

Salty as f***? After that officiating display your dam right I am. Sort your **** out officials because you'll cost a club it's premiership status on a relegation sunday battle

Throw in another real dubious penalty award to Leicester just now following on from Utd's at Newcastle through the week.

Thankfully justice was done and this one was missed but that's not the point. It's gonna' cost someone massively before all is said and done.

The current officiating in this Country is about the worst in the Premier League era for me.

And now a stonewall penalty for Villa, that the referee is looking straight at, turned down.

This is getting ridiculous.

*Edit* And now Villa benefit from dubious referring with Gested (Sp?) controlling it with his hand before equalising.

Well deserved equaliser but still shouldn't of stood.

Last edited:
Not surprised. I don't support either Utd or Liverpool-but I'm going to be paying particular attention to the officiating that's for sure

Tbf Everton did waste a shed load of time celebrating their goal so there was bound to be added time to the added time.

Tbf Everton did waste a shed load of time celebrating their goal so there was bound to be added time to the added time.

That's not the issue like I mentioned-I already stated we threw the game away.

It's the fact that Terry was clearly offside but the goal was allowed to stand. THAT it what really made me rage. It's the state of officiating in this country. It's absolute ****. It's ridiculous

That's not the issue like I mentioned-I already stated we threw the game away.

It's the fact that Terry was clearly offside but the goal was allowed to stand. THAT it what really made me rage. It's the state of officiating in this country. It's absolute ****. It's ridiculous

Yeh, that should never of stood in any case, real bad decision there.

..... It's the state of officiating in this country. It's absolute ****. It's ridiculous

And it get's even worse the FA and League Cups since they've decided to spread it around the 'football family.'

Some tin pot amateur that's never refereed outside of League Two getting a major quarter/ semi final.

Can't wait.

Don't know what you guys are talking about, 100% onside.

CY28SUtWYAAa3yz.jpg:large

Wait what? Just seen that apparently Pirlo is going to City on loan?

How have I missed this

Back