The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Gungodan. 180k a week. 4yr deal - but its Italian and US press i wouldnt read much. jsut thought its ******* early for deals already.

Ah right, decent player a while back but not watched him in ages.

Seen rumors of that Xhaka (sp) aswell. Don't know a great deal of him

Ah right, decent player a while back but not watched him in ages.

Seen rumors of that Xhaka (sp) aswell. Don't know a great deal of him

I think he wants a move apparently said it's his dream to play in the Premier League. Not seen Monchengladbach that much but, the couple of games I saw he looked good in. Also 39 caps aged 23 for the Swiss is quite impressive Hitzfeld thought highly of him as well apparently

Seen that the away tickets prices are going to be 30 pound thats a good start. Hopefully they come down to 20 after more noise from fans. Be interesting to see if this deal has a knock on effect for the championship, be going to more aways if they come down. Prefer aways to home matches sometimes tbh

Seen that the away tickets prices are going to be 30 pound thats a good start. Hopefully they come down to 20 after more noise from fans. Be interesting to see if this deal has a knock on effect for the championship, be going to more aways if they come down. Prefer aways to home matches sometimes tbh

Obviously not a good club to mention to a Leeds fan, but I was reading the other day about Huddersfield's tickets averaging out at £ 7.50 for next season. Which is phenomenal for the Championship. All credit to the current Town owner. That ground should be full EVERY week next year at both those prices and the fantastic football they're now playing under Klopp's bessie.

Last edited:
Obviously not a good club to mention to a Leeds fan, but I was reading the other day about Huddersfield's tickets averaging out at £ 7.50 for next season. Which is phenomenal for the Championship. All credit to the current Town owner. That ground should be full EVERY week next year at both those prices and the fantastic football they're now playing under Koopp's bessie.

Yeah I seen that a bit ago its awesome news really, I quite like Huddersfield away its always an all day sesh because it close, pay for it for a few days after like. **** knows how would cope if by some miracle we got back in europe. But yeah I am more optimistic now on tickets with recent developments at some clubs. Still a way to go but it had to start somewhere I suppose.

Yup, still a significant way to go across the board. But a major step forward with such a u-turn from every top flight club.

Gonna' borrow a facey post from a great girl who's been at the forefront of not only the battle with our club, but the Nationwide campaigns on tickets the last four years to put this reduction into perspective. £330. That's the cost of a Euro away give or take. :

Last season, our away tickets cost approx £900. Now the maximum will be £570. That's a £330 saving for LFC fans if you go to every game.
Well done to everyone who protested, marched, walked out. You know who you are.
I hope that all those who stayed in the pubs saying "what's the point" appreciate your efforts.

Strength in unity. Fans around the Country keep on sticking together and attacking this as one, home prices will eventually follow.

Last edited:
Appears that Rafa is now the frontrunner for Newcastle job. He's just deciding over a 3 year deal to be NUFC manager;also allowed to bring his own coaching staff aswell. If he accepts he'll replace McClaren in time for the Monday night match against Leicester

According to the local news Rafa is a done deal with a 3 year contract. Just awaiting the official announcement

According to the local news Rafa is a done deal with a 3 year contract. Just awaiting the official announcement

Rafa managing Newcastle in the championship?

Also from Madrid to Newcastle fighting reegation? Must be the biggest fall in such short time.

I'm very surprised. On the plus side he's a winning manager and he can sort the whole mess out.

On a sidenote the board have handled this whole affair very shoddily (if the word exists) indeed. Apparently he learnt of his replacement via social media. Not on at all. Too many clubs doing this now

And McClaren has gone as expected. The running of that great football club is beyond shambolic.

Just awaiting announcement of Rafa Benitez as new manager

Last edited:
Do you think Rafa can save that team from relegation?

I think he can. They still have a game in hand, and are only a point off Sunderland. The Leicester match will be extremely tough on them though. But they also have 9 injured players, so the sooner they get back the sooner. But Rafa has a wealth of experience. He's probably not used to this sort of mess of a saga but he should do the job.

Been confirmed. 3 year deal with an opt out clause inserted into contract

Is this the first time Rafa hasnt failed upwards?

Failed at Liverpool (last season) landed Inter job with massive pay off from Liverpool.

Failed at Inter and landed better job at Napoli (ignoring Interim job). Also got massive pay off from Inter.

Did on par job at Napoli and landed one of the biggest jobs in the world and then got sacked in 6 months.

He must be the only manager who is rewarded for being poor at his job.

Failed at Liverpool (last season) landed Inter job with massive pay off from Liverpool.

Failed at Inter and landed better job at Napoli (ignoring Interim job). Also got massive pay off from Inter.

Did on par job at Napoli and landed one of the biggest jobs in the world and then got sacked in 6 months.

You forget that before Napoli, he was at Chelsea where he did a very good job

Took advantage of a free weekend to get ground #75 in the never ending battle to complete the 92. (Looking like i'll at least lose York this year back down to the Conference.).

Sixfields and Northampton Town are the new addition in a 1-1 draw against a Cambridge side that scarcely deserved nil! Let alone a draw.

Been a LONG Sat'day.

You forget that before Napoli, he was at Chelsea where he did a very good job

I didn't. I didn't include caretaker manager role. Even if you include that, that's an exception to the norm.

Back