The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Double European Cup winner and La Liga champion in the Championship? Wow

Be interesting to see who gets brought in though-Ashley already said publicly the NUFC bank is virtually empty

I'll be ecstatic if Rafa stays at Newcastle, Daily Mail reporting that he will .... but yes I know it is Daily Mail so may be no truth. Better than the Sun reporting it though!

Be interesting to see who gets brought in though-Ashley already said publicly the NUFC bank is virtually empty

Doubt a savvy political operator like Rafa would have agreed to stay without getting firm assurances of funds to spend

John Terry signs one year contract extension. 22 years and counting

It makes complete sense from an economic standpoint. I have no skin in this game so it is easy for me to say it should be done. Especially if Celtic and Rangers were brought into the league. Not knowing the history of the league and playing lower league teams in FM, have left me guessing how this system ever got implemented in the first place. Far too many midweek matches that no one watches. It does suck for the teams lower in the standings in the various divisions, but they will have a couple years to prepare so they would have no excuse being dropped down a level they would otherwise be safe in.

Appears there's going to be a statement confirming that Rafa will be staying on at Newcastle with a 3 year deal:

Rafa Benitez to stay on as Newcastle manager | Football News | Sky Sports

It's official now. The world has gone completely mad.

If you told me a year ago that Leicester are going to win the Prem, Mourinho will get fired from Chelsea and manage United, and Benitez will accept a Championship job, I would have called the nearest mental instution and asked for assistance.

It's official now. The world has gone completely mad.

If you told me a year ago that Leicester are going to win the Prem, Mourinho will get fired from Chelsea and manage United, and Benitez will accept a Championship job, I would have called the nearest mental instution and asked for assistance.
i would have put a bet on

^^^^^ Bollocks that. Even worse if they get to play a full season there the swason after next.

They can it's been agreed also.

I know. Just saying its a complete joke if they take up the option. Even most 'Spurs fans would soon get fed up of traipsing over Wembley.

But then with the absolute ridiculous final cost of the rebuild, and all the back pockets that got lined to make it so high; the FA need to maximise its usage to the fullest.

I know. Just saying its a complete joke if they take up the option. Even most 'Spurs fans would soon get fed up of traipsing over Wembley.

But then with the absolute ridiculous final cost of the rebuild, and all the back pockets that got lined to make it so high; the FA need to maximise its usage to the fullest.
Yeah true. Think they will. A few mates of mine who live down there have heard in quite a few locals that they are going to.

Yeah true. Think they will. A few mates of mine who live down there have heard in quite a few locals that they are going to.

Don't understand why they're being Llowed to play Champions League games there this year either. Surely thats unfair on everyone else. Make them play WHL.

Just no enthusiasm for the European Cup final later.

Don't like Madrid as a football club. And just hate to be bored shitless by Simeone.

I know what I'll be doing during the CL final. Playing Champ Manager 97/98. Don't find it appealing unless there's English interest in it.

Hull v Sheff Wednesday different story though. Hoping for a good game

Last edited:
Personally cannot wait for the UCL final, love Simeone and Greizmann want Atleti to win so bad. Had a decent bet on it too Greizmann ronaldo both to score and godin and pepe both to be carded. Also got my UCL mini leage to finish to win it 3 years on the bounce with the lads. Decent evening of sport too with the boxing after

Back