• Views Views 689K
The win lots of games - No
They win trophies - No
The make finals or qualify for Europe every year - No
They have European Legacy - No
They dominated a decade or won trophies back in the day - No
They won the league a few times in a short period - No
They have lots of fans - Yes

Why are Newcastle a 'MASSIVE MASSIVE Club' Mr Shearer? Too big to go down, my ****.

Not a big club at all imo, like you said they have won fuckall. Big fanbase but that is all, potential is there but its never been realised. Villa are easily the biggest of the 3 teams going down, now they do have a history. Either 2 aways I'll defo be going too next season welcome to the championship magpies and villains!!

They're still the 20th most valuable club in the world, according to Forbes annual valuation of clubs. Expecting them to drop quite a bit now that they're relegated though.

Top 10:

Rank
Club
Value in £billion
Rise from last year
1.​
Real Madrid​
2,49​
12 %​
2.​
Barcelona​
2,42​
12 %​
3.​
Manchester United​
2,28​
7 %​
4.​
Bayern München​
1,85​
14 %​
5.​
Arsenal​
1,39​
54 %​
6.​
Manchester City​
1,33​
40 %​
7.​
Chelsea​
1,11​
21 %​
Liverpool
58 %
9.​
Juventus​
0,89​
55 %​
10.​
Tottenham​
0,70​
69 %​

You know people will probably really disagree with me on this but with the firesale both clubs will have could well see both struggle next season. Would not be surprised to see either go down again. Ashley has already said there is no money left and we all know Villa are in this position because they have no money either. Teams now spend serious money to get to the prem or relegated teams keep star players they would have sold in years gone by look at Derby and Hull City respectively. Difficult division to get out of the championship and if they break up their squads don't expect either to come back up for a while.

BMT5uIr.jpg

Oh dear god... :lol

BMT5uIr.jpg

Oh dear god... :lol

Rafa should take out a full page tomorrow with 'Dear Geordie Nation, Go F Yourselves! I'm just a fat Spanish waiter as you regularly used to regale me with. REMEMBER?! Yers two faced set of inbred c yer! Thanks for the easy cash. Sincerely, Rafa.'

Think that would fly in print? Shrugs.

Last edited:
Rafa is having season of his career, isn't he. Fired from Madrid, and still managed to get relegated in another league, all in one year.

Strong rumours this evening that Rafa is staying at Newcastle for at least 2 seasons which is surprising. Would have thought he'd go for a bigger club. Allegedly one of his conditions is 100% control of transfers in and out

Strong rumours this evening that Rafa is staying at Newcastle for at least 2 seasons which is surprising. Would have thought he'd go for a bigger club. Allegedly one of his conditions is 100% control of transfers in and out

Nottin' changes there then. He'll want to micro-manage the club from the youth's on up. It's what he does.

Good luck getting that from Ashley.

Thought I would kick off some discussion seeing as I am trying to avoid revision for my exam tomorrow!

So Team of the season what is everyones pick? doesn't have to be 4-4-2, go 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 etc just no daft 2-3-5 lol

So here is mine 4-3-3 its not easy either as some players have been immense this year!

David De Gea

Bellerin, Smalling, Huth, Rose

De Bruyne, Kante, Alli

Kane, Vardy, Aguero

not easy I would say barring the front 3 so what are other peoples

edit - just realised no Mahrez fucksake can I pick 12? could soon drop one of the strikers for him and go 4-4-2 but who to leave out! People will say Aguero but to still score as many as he has despite his glass hamstring is ridiculous!

Last edited:
It's hard Epic!

There is also Ozil, finished second in the league with Arsenal and assisted 19, despite the stick he gets.

Thought I would kick off some discussion seeing as I am trying to avoid revision for my exam tomorrow!

So Team of the season what is everyones pick? doesn't have to be 4-4-2, go 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 etc just no daft 2-3-5 lol

So here is mine 4-3-3 its not easy either as some players have been immense this year!

David De Gea

Bellerin, Smalling, Huth, Rose

De Bruyne, Kante, Alli

Kane, Vardy, Aguero

not easy I would say barring the front 3 so what are other peoples

edit - just realised no Mahrez fucksake can I pick 12? could soon drop one of the strikers for him and go 4-4-2 but who to leave out! People will say Aguero but to still score as many as he has despite his glass hamstring is ridiculous!
I would swap Ali for Mahrez and that's it for me.

So Team of the season what is everyones pick?...

Well... definitely Djilibodji, Falcao and Pato (I keed, I keed). To be honest my TOTY/TOTS would be exactly the same as the PFA's TOTY (I know, I'm boring). I think they got it absolutely spot on...

_89379721_plteamoftheyear.png

Swap out Bellerin for Clyne and Huth for Morgan that's what I'd probably plump for. ^^^^^

Although it's much of a muchness between both over the year.

Ranieri named as Premier League Manager of the Year.

No surprise and fully deserved

Expected Rafa Benitez willl stay on as Newcastle manager after securing full control over transfers

Back