The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Donald Trump just spoke on it so there's plenty of comedic material for it lol

All the main fan groups on FM Base have a lot going for them next season, and I have to say I can't wait.
It's going to be brilliant fun.

Ryan Betrand signs new 5 year deal with Southampton

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4q8upb/liverpool_complete_deal_for_sadio_mane/

Interesting read about Southampton transfers in 3 years, not the topic but first comment. **** that team has some good scouts and brilliant setup for youths.

Now they have likes of Ryan Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Matt Targett, Fraser Forster, Virgil van Dijk, Sam Gallagher, Harrison Reed, and now Redmond can become something. Good young English talents.
They have always adapted. But this year they need to make some big transfer if they want hold their position. They have the money for that.

Indeed. They need a proven goalscorer to take Pelle's place plus a better backup cb than the godawful Yoshida. At the very least.

It's not strictly PL, at least anymore in Villa's recent case, but Villa are being charged £42 at Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day.

Absolute ******* disgrace. If Villa fans have anything about them they'll boycott it. Or at the least make a serious protest. And that should go for ALL Championship clubs. They've seen what strength of unity can bring around with the £30 PL away cap.

More fool them if they do stand for it.

4.5 million views and yet I've never seen this, but anyway it's f**king hilarious...

[video=youtube;HuKva8GUwBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKva8GUwBk[/video]

It's not strictly PL, at least anymore in Villa's recent case, but Villa are being charged £42 at Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day.

Absolute ******* disgrace. If Villa fans have anything about them they'll boycott it. Or at the least make a serious protest. And that should go for ALL Championship clubs. They've seen what strength of unity can bring around with the £30 PL away cap.

More fool them if they do stand for it.

looks as if Wednesday away is a no go for me this year,god would the football football hurry the **** up and start please

New stricter rules on confronting the referee have been introduced, straight red card if you make contact with an official in an aggressive of confrontational manner or us offensive, insulting or abusive language/gestures

Booking for, anything visibly disrespectful to any official, an aggressive response to decisions, confronting an official face to face, running towards a ref to contest a decision, physical contact with an official and a booking for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.

If the rules are enforced who does everyone think will be the first team to get every player sent off?

I'd be okay with those changes IF video referee was a thing. Right now, with the level of refereeing ranging from "pretty meh" to "terrible", those rules are pretty stupid.

About ******* time this happens. Only the captain should be ever allowed to speak to referee, and it should be in a manner of "Yes sir, no sir". Works for rugby just fine.

Due to Sam Allardyce being named England boss, appears David Moyes will be taking charge at Sunderland as he is in advanced talks with the club.

Good luck to him if that's the case.

About ******* time this happens. Only the captain should be ever allowed to speak to referee, and it should be in a manner of "Yes sir, no sir". Works for rugby just fine.
thats what get me about rugby played by monster who could rip your head off for looking at there pint yet when some little guy in the middle tells them to cut the **** out thay do

Steve Walsh has left Leicester for Everton where he will be assistant manager and head of recruitment.

Should see see them get some good players

thats what get me about rugby played by monster who could rip your head off for looking at there pint yet when some little guy in the middle tells them to cut the **** out thay do

I can tell you that as someone who has played both for Yorkshire and England Schoolboys we are taught from the minute you come into the game to respect the referee, played both codes of rugby since Under 5s and you are taught in training and reminded in teamtalks never to back chat and always adress the ref as sir. I remember once in my third ever game for yorkshire I had scored two tries and made 3 ( I was seriously good till I discovered birds, beer and ganje) I was about to go over to complete my hattrick but it got ruled out for a forward pass I said for fucksake in earshot of my coach he hauled me off tore a strip off me and I didn't start the next game. Safe to say didn't do that again haha

I'd be okay with those changes IF video referee was a thing. Right now, with the level of refereeing ranging from "pretty meh" to "terrible", those rules are pretty stupid.

Just because someone got a decision wrong doesn't give players a reason to sprint over and swear at them, it's a disgrace. You don't see referees sprinting over to a player and going "You're f**king s*it had a man wide open for the cut back but, being a selfish w*nker you took the shot from a tight angle and missed." If they did that whenever players got a decision wrong think the players would get majorly ******. Mistakes happen no excuse for a team to huddle around a ref and swear at him.

I can tell you that as someone who has played both for Yorkshire and England Schoolboys we are taught from the minute you come into the game to respect the referee, played both codes of rugby since Under 5s and you are taught in training and reminded in teamtalks never to back chat and always adress the ref as sir. I remember once in my third ever game for yorkshire I had scored two tries and made 3 ( I was seriously good till I discovered birds, beer and ganje) I was about to go over to complete my hattrick but it got ruled out for a forward pass I said for fucksake in earshot of my coach he hauled me off tore a strip off me and I didn't start the next game. Safe to say didn't do that again haha

Barman at a pub near me used to play and then went on to be a ref in rugby and he calls pretty much every bloke Sir so I guess it's habit from that. He does claim its because he cant remember any names but he's remembered and said mine when I've seen him in the street before lol

Back