The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
At £60 for a friendly I'm not surprised a lot of fans didn't go

Ridiculous prices for the ICC games aside (Wembley's the same and completely sold within two days the L'pool/ Barca game), you're in Australia, you're not turning down the chance to watch your team that you might rarely if ever get the chance to see again.

Point being for all the ***** Tottenham fans like to chat, they're a minuscule club on the Worldwide scene. The exact same with City at the MCG the other year and most places they go around the World.

****, this game isn't even on Aussie TV.

Not PL related but nowhere else to have discussion like this

Had a **** nights sleep at work last night so I am just passing time so I can nap, anyway to pass time been youtubing Ronaldo (no not Cristiano) and I tell you something I forgot just how good he was. I mean I grew up watching him so I was aaware he was a genuine world class striker but it is easy to forget just how good he was.

He really had everything, Pace, Power, Technique etc, if he hadnt got those bad injuries I truly believe we would be putting him in the best ever category. Anyway the thing that surprised me the most was how skilful he was, how he could easily turn a player inside out with his footwork, I had actually forgotten he had the skills of a winger and that was one of the reasons that he was so dangerous when you mix it with the rest of his attributes.

Tremendous player and ould be argued he set the tone for the modern centre forward, just a shame about those injuries

That hatty of Ronaldo's at OT when McManaman run riot on the way to another Madrid European Cup triumph in Paris .....

[video=youtube;-0QiX2KgiV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QiX2KgiV8[/video]

I'd LOVE to know what REALLY went down before the '98 final when he should never of played. Frigging Nike!

LEGEND!

That hatty of Ronaldo's at OT when McManaman run riot on the way to another Madrid European Cup triumph in Paris .....

[video=youtube;-0QiX2KgiV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QiX2KgiV8[/video]

I'd LOVE to know what REALLY went down before the '98 final when he should never of played. Frigging Nike!

LEGEND!

I remember that match, it was actually a cracking game of football, and that Real team **** me was they good when they clicked so many legends.

Mad thing is this was when he was considered finished too and he still pulled it out the bag, I love him I had just forgotten how much. Absolutely unplayable on his day and yeah probably never know what happened before the final unless he releases an autobiography. He would probably still get in the Brazil team now theyre that short up front haha

Sad that I wasent watching that much of football as I was just too young.

Some good read I stumbled across.
Ronaldo: in touching distance of being the greatest

it was a fantastic era all round, mainly because defenders still knew how to defend, but it also had Zizou who is my favourite ever player, no one will beat that man in my eyes he was an alien from another world.

it was a fantastic era all round, mainly because defenders still knew how to defend, but it also had Zizou who is my favourite ever player, no one will beat that man in my eyes he was an alien from another world.

My favourite all time non-L'pool player is Van Basten. God knows how much more he'd of achieved if hadn't been so cruelly robbed by injury of the best years of his career. Probably a good thing I'm not at home or else I'd be gushing forever about that mans abilities right now haha.

My favourite all time non-L'pool player is Van Basten. God knows how much more he'd of achieved if hadn't been so cruelly robbed by injury of the best years of his career. Probably a good thing I'm not at home or else I'd be gushing forever about that mans abilities right now haha.

yeah great player sadly just before my time, so I didn't get to appreciate just how good he was, I think you have to have had the opportunity to watch them consistently and also compare them to what else was around in that era. Tbh if Ronaldinho had not fallen out of love with the game and decided to go partying instead I would have very different thoughts on who was my favorite player.

yeah great player sadly just before my time, so I didn't get to appreciate just how good he was, I think you have to have had the opportunity to watch them consistently and also compare them to what else was around in that era. Tbh if Ronaldinho had not fallen out of love with the game and decided to go partying instead I would have very different thoughts on who was my favorite player.

****, one of my favourite all time players, certainly my favourite British non-red, is a player I never once saw play and can only go by film. Denis Law.

Who incidentally is one of the single nicest people you'll ever meet. Shared a train journey back to Piccadilly from Euston with him when I just plonked myself down on his table in the first class carriage I was walking through and wasn't even ticketed in, haha, and he very happily indulged me with tale after tale for the few hours back up the tracks. Top, top fella'. Couldn't get him to diss that drunken cretin Best though as hard as I tried like. Lol.

Last edited:
Too early to do our season predictions? Last year we went on the eve of the season.

Leave it a other week or so?

Back