The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Just because someone got a decision wrong doesn't give players a reason to sprint over and swear at them, it's a disgrace. You don't see referees sprinting over to a player and going "You're f**king s*it had a man wide open for the cut back but, being a selfish w*nker you took the shot from a tight angle and missed." If they did that whenever players got a decision wrong think the players would get majorly ******. Mistakes happen no excuse for a team to huddle around a ref and swear at him.
I'm writing this for the third time so hopefully it goes through now, fm-base is being dodgy...

Come on, you can't compare those things. Player making mistake means nothing to referee, ref making a mistake means 90 minutes of hard work player put in means ****. You can't fault a player that works his *** off the whole game just to have points stolen by bad decision (overlooking obvious offside, giving penalty when opposition player dived etc) for overreacting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like major protests or physical contacts with a referee either but the way those rules sound ref can book a player just because he doesn't like the look on his face. I'm sure you would not like to see all your work lost just because someone made a mistake somewhere, and you also have to take into account that football is a heated sport and players may overreact.

Bottom line is, get video referee in finally, and I am completely fine with those rules.

I'm writing this for the third time so hopefully it goes through now, fm-base is being dodgy...

Come on, you can't compare those things. Player making mistake means nothing to referee, ref making a mistake means 90 minutes of hard work player put in means ****. You can't fault a player that works his *** off the whole game just to have points stolen by bad decision (overlooking obvious offside, giving penalty when opposition player dived etc) for overreacting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like major protests or physical contacts with a referee either but the way those rules sound ref can book a player just because he doesn't like the look on his face. I'm sure you would not like to see all your work lost just because someone made a mistake somewhere, and you also have to take into account that football is a heated sport and players may overreact.

Bottom line is, get video referee in finally, and I am completely fine with those rules.

Well most of the time when the players are protesting they are totally wrong when they talk back to the ref, they do it for the most obvious fouls you will ever see. If they only did it when the ref was wrong you would have an argument but, they do it everytime something doesn't go their way irregardless to how obvious it is the right decision was made

Sunderland confirm appointment of David Moyes as their new manager | Football News | Sky Sports

As much it's boss to skit David Moyes Football GENIUS!, that should well secure Sunderland's place in the Premier League for another season. He'll do fine there and it's a terrific football town and support to work in/ for when they know you're giving absolutely everything.

Not that Moyes is a great manager in any shape or form, but tithe's a BIG upgrade on the new England manager for Sunderland to me and should see them steadily climb the table.

Really like Sunderland as a place and the people there. Now Newcastle (sorry Rafa) just up the road and Geordies on the other hand .....

Last edited:
Been searching for football podcasts to tide me over till the season starts and I have just found an absolutely terrible one,beyond the pitch I think it is called. Its American and as soon as I heard him speak I was er ok stick with it I am in the kitchen now making BBQ pulled pork so give it a go. Anyway he introduced his "english football expert" I use that term very very loosely, he didn't have a fecking clue what he was talking about. Some snippets

Big Sam will succeed and tale us further than any manager barring Alf Ramsey because er..PASHUN

Man Utd are being held to ransom by Juve over Pogba

if Barce or Real wanted a player they would just give him a week to make his mind up and if he said no move on not like united are with pogba (he had a big united chip on his shoulder it was entertaining (oh and the same real who spent how long chasing bale, Ronaldo, de gea et al same can be said of Barce))

Real need to rebuild their midfield and will take Pogba off United

clubs are spending too much money on players this summer

harped on about 5 times about back in his day

Greizmann was the top scorer in the Euros ergo it wasnt a good tournament because he is nowhere near a big enough name to be top scorer

and probably more but I turned it off it was infuriating me that much,I missed who the pundit is sounded like rodney marsh actually but not saying it was, honestly if you ever think I need a new podcast give this one a miss its one of the worst I have ever heard.

Edit - another brilliant nugget jut came to me, United let pogba go because they didn't think he was worth the price of a big mac and are now buying him back for world record fee hahaha

Last edited:
Been searching for football podcasts to tide me over till the season starts ......

If you don't mind a mainly Liverpool centric one (there is shows on other topics), the multi award winning lads who do The Anfield Wrap are some of the best around. Cost you a 5er for the month (around 30 shows or so), but you can cancel after the first month.

He's a recent example of the free show. Real boss listen on Klopp and his new contract, pre-season among other things but mainly the last 25 minutes or so on the absolute disgrace over the selling of the main stand seats. Impassioned listening isn't the word on that:

The Anfield Wrap: A team that we all know? - The Anfield Wrap

Been searching for football podcasts to tide me over till the season starts and I have just found an absolutely terrible one,beyond the pitch I think it is called. Its American and as soon as I heard him speak I was er ok stick with it I am in the kitchen now making BBQ pulled pork so give it a go. Anyway he introduced his "english football expert" I use that term very very loosely, he didn't have a fecking clue what he was talking about. Some snippets

It sounds so bad that I kind of want to listen to it

Edit: I did I lasted 30 seconds can't believe you listened for long enough to hear their opinion on multiple things

If you don't mind a mainly Liverpool centric one (there is shows on other topics), the multi award winning lads who do The Anfield Wrap are some of the best around. Cost you a 5er for the month (around 30 shows or so), but you can cancel after the first month.

He's a recent example of the free show. Real boss listen on Klopp and his new contract, pre-season among other things but mainly the last 25 minutes or so on the absolute disgrace over the selling of the main stand seats. Impassioned listening isn't the word on that:

The Anfield Wrap: A team that we all know? - The Anfield Wrap

I'll download and stick it on some point this week, I have a void atm because world football phone in podcast has not been on the BBC site for whatever reason for the last 3 weeks so if they are not putting the pods up anymore I am going to have to find something new.

It sounds so bad that I kind of want to listen to it

Edit: I did I lasted 30 seconds can't believe you listened for long enough to hear their opinion on multiple things

Haha, well I was sorting out a joint of pork with all manner of seasoning, a little recipe I picked up in Brazil so I couldn't really change it. But yeah it really is terrible, I just kept saying WHAT THE **** out loud. Did you catch who the English pundit was by any chance? was it Marsh?

I'll download and stick it on some point this week, I have a void atm because world football phone in podcast has not been on the BBC site for whatever reason for the last 3 weeks so if they are not putting the pods up anymore I am going to have to find something new.

If you need something to fill the void, it's not a podcast, but (if you don't already) I highly recommend reading the articles on These Football Times. There's also a podcast (if that's what you're after) on the site called 'The Lob', which from the few I've listened to seems ok.

http://thesefootballtimes.co/

Another podcast-esque thing I'd recommend is Graham Hunter's 'The Big Interview'...

https://soundcloud.com/thebiginterview

Back