The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
The song Glorious by Andreas Johnson came on the radio yesterday in the car and I got mad excited.

Hard to believe it was 16 years ago.

[video=youtube;Qwhr6wwgpI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwhr6wwgpI0[/video]

Watched the Pep documentary today on Sky, decent little watch and it really gets the juices going for the new season really cannot wait at all!

Predictions

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

5. Leicester
6. Tottenham
7. Arsenal

18. Swansea
19. Burnley
20. Hull

Top three is difficult to choose an order for, tempted to go United but I don't really want that to happen so I won't. Similar with 4-7, really tough to pick but I'm taking the plunge with Liverpool more because I'm willing it to happen rather than expecting it, lack of European football, as opposed to the likes of Spurs in the CL could help us. Not sure about Swansea going down but they worry me having lost Williams for peanuts, and I don't want to go with all three promoted teams going straight back down. Middlesbrough seem the most likely to stay up.

Overachiever of the season: Have to say Leicester, if they finish top 7 or 8 they've done a fantastic job but they can definitely challenge at the top end again. Otherwise Bournemouth.

Underachiever of the season: Has to be one of the big clubs, so I'm going with Arsenal. Less confident of that if/when Mustafi signs, as their defence would match up to any, but I feel like the atmosphere is getting toxic, and even a hint of the same problems like injury or Giroud misses, and the pressure will ramp up

As the City thread is so dead I've not been keeping up much with them but with a fit Aguero they had quite a scary looking squad

As the City thread is so dead I've not been keeping up much with them but with a fit Aguero they had quite a scary looking squad

Pretty meh defence and 'keeper. Even more so with Kompany's continued injury problems. And there's no striker depth of any real note behind Aguero.

Pretty meh defence and 'keeper. Even more so with Kompany's continued injury problems. And there's no striker depth of any real note behind Aguero.

Beast of a midfield though. Another few buys like you say in defense and they have a strong team

They have amazing prospect striker in Iheanacho 8 goals in 700+ minutes last season. I think he will step up even more and 10 goals is not far. A lot goes down to Kun fitness.
Also they have Jesus to step in and Nolito is no stranger for striker positsion.

And West Ham got their guy Jonathan Calleri. Might be new Tevez in the making. Only a loan deal for now, dont know if buy clause is in.
I don't think Jesus will do much this season tbh. And I think Nolito is a bit meh tbh good player watched him a lot the last few seasons. But I don't think he's gonna take City to another level, will be good squad player though. I'm not convinced as most with Pep or City especially not this season. They have a lot to prove.

1-3
Chelsea
United
City

4-6
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool

1-3, 4-6 could be in any order honestly.

1-3
Chelsea
United
City

4-6
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool

1-3, 4-6 could be in any order honestly.

Chelsea winning the league?! Are those blue tinted glasses talking or your truly objective unbiased view?

Since the new season is almost upon us I might as well join in with the predictions (although this could all change with transfers etc)...

1.) United
2.) City
3.) Chelsea
4.) Spurs
5.) Arsenal
6.) Liverpool

If Chelsea sign some defenders then I think we're in with a chance of winning the league. But United are clear favourites at the moment.

7.) West Ham
8.) Leicester

18.) Swansea/Watford
19.) Burnley
20.) Hull

Back