The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Has a double overhead kick ever been scored before??

Also, did Shearer just say that Fernandinho sitting between the central defenders starting attacks is the first time that's been seen in the premier league? I'm pretty sure Gerrard was doing that in his final seasons at Liverpool. Talk about bigging up the amazing Guardiola

Last edited:
Also, did Shearer just say that Fernandinho sitting between the central defenders starting attacks is the first time that's been seen in the premier league? I'm pretty sure Gerrard was doing that in his final seasons at Liverpool. Talk about bigging up the amazing Guardiola
did you not get the memo every he does we have NEVER seen

Don't get me wrong Pep is a good manager. But the **** licking he is gonna get from the media this season is gonna be cringeworthy. The commentary alone was bad enough, despite being ****! Every week I'm sure Peps team will be the first at something, despite it been done seasons ago by another.

Carrick was doing that all the LVG era and even in the comm shield last week.

He obviously doesn't watch sky because when Martinez started doing it with Everton Gary Neville did a massive thing on it on Monday Night Football.

**** me the drool fest on Sunday Supplement calling Pep one of the greatest managers ever if not the greatest. :O

He is one of the greatest managers though
Debatable for me. Yes he's won a lot of trophies. But look at what teams he's had also managed most probs the greatest club side ever in Barca and managed a great Bayern team in a 1 team league while he was there.

Debatable for me. Yes he's won a lot of trophies. But look at what teams he's had also managed most probs the greatest club side ever in Barca and managed a great Bayern team in a 1 team league while he was there.

Do you think it became the greatest club side just by accident? That team was a mess when he took the job.

wouldnt say he is the greatest but he is well on the way to having as much impact on the game as Cruyff and by the time he retires he will be spoke about in terms of being the greatest or at least one of for me.

Do you think it became the greatest club side just by accident? That team was a mess when he took the job.

wouldnt say he is the greatest but he is well on the way to having as much impact on the game as Cruyff and by the time he retires he will be spoke about in terms of being the greatest or at least one of for me.
Okay the season before he took over they were ****. But the season before that they won nearly everything. I'm not saying he's not a good manager. But one of the greatest ever or the greatest is a bit far for me. Opinions and all its why footballs so good and I love it so much:)

Okay the season before he took over they were ****. But the season before that they won nearly everything. I'm not saying he's not a good manager. But one of the greatest ever or the greatest is a bit far for me. Opinions and all its why footballs so good and I love it so much:)

But do you think it became the greatest club side by accident?

But do you think it became the greatest club side by accident?
No not by accident. But Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol etc were all there. Like I said I think he's a good manager. But it's just my opinion. I'm sure 99.9% on here will completely disagree with me.

But look at what teams he's had also managed most probs the greatest club side ever in Barca and managed a great Bayern team in a 1 team league while he was there.

Greatest Barcelona side ever? That side was a mess. He did fantastic work there.

Although Bayern was already a strong side, he brought stability to that team and has basically made sure that team can compete for trophies for many years to come.

What ever way you cut it, Pep failed at Bayern. His remit was to win them the European Cup. Domestically it's a given. In three seasons, he didn't deliver that.

What ever way you cut it, Pep failed at Bayern. His remit was to win them the European Cup. Domestically it's a given. In three seasons, he didn't deliver that.

You should ask all the legends at the club if they think he has failed, they all gush over him and cannot speak more highly of how he has transformed the club on and off the pitch

If you're hired to win something, and you don't deliver, I don't see how you can spin it any other way than failing.

You'd have to be incredibly hopeless to not clean up domestically in Germany with Munich so far in front financially as they are. But they went and hired him to bring home the big one. Might sound harsh but those are the standards you're judged by.

If you're hired to win something, and you don't deliver, I don't see how you can spin it any other way than failing. You'd have to be incredibly hopeless to not clean up domestically in Germany with Munich so far in front financially as they are. But they went and hired him to bring home the big one. Might sound harsh but those are the standards you're judged by.
Im not spinning it anyway, only in the eyes of the media would it be judged a failure, majority of fans and people connected with the club have nothing but praise for him about his time and effect on the club and german football. Theres shitloads of pieces out there saying as much even the Pep documentary on sky says as much too. Its not a failure at all his time there thats quite a narrow way of looking at it, I'm saying ask the people connected with the club.

Yes he failed to win the Champions Cup but how does that qualify as a complete failure? People will always criticize Pep for his Champions League woes but will fail to acknowledge everything else he has done for the club.

Greatest Barcelona side ever? That side was a mess. He did fantastic work there.

Although Bayern was already a strong side, he brought stability to that team and has basically made sure that team can compete for trophies for many years to come.
The Bayern team had stability under Hynkes he just won the treble, even if Pep had not taken over they would have still won the league. And that Barca team was far from a mess. Deco, Henry, Eto, Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, Thuram, Ronaldinho,Messi, Toure, Abidal were already there then he bought in the likes of Alves, Pique, Busquets etc in his first season. Right mess of a team that.

Last edited:
Back