The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Still think the sacking of Laudrup was a little harsh tbh. Thought overall he did a good job; played attractive football, shrewd in the market (signing the likes of Michu for next to nothing who was superb), won the League Cup, 9th in the league that season, only to be sacked in February the following year because he was having a bad spell in the league... well excuse him for losing to Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham in the space of 20 days or whatever it was, every manager should lose their job if that happens, right? Never mind the fact he guided them to knocking out Manchester United of the FA Cup in between that. 21st century football ladies & gents, little to no time.

Don't know where to put this but....

Looks like Chedward Evans (everyone know Ched is short for Chedward, makes sense) has been cleared of rape

Looks like Chedward Evans (everyone know Ched is short for Chedward, makes sense) has been cleared of rape

I have two major problems with this case...

The first one is that even after he served his time in prison, most football team refused to take him on for fear of backlash. Yes he made a mistake. He served his time in prison. Its simply wrong to shut out ex-convicts from working society just because they committed a crime that they have already been punished for. Its attitude like this that makes so many of them with far less resources than Ched Evans head back into a life of crime straight away.

Secondly, he is now been proven innocent in what seems like quite shifty circumstances. Can't argue against a verdict but let him move on with his life and hopefully the female can do likewise.

They should honestly boycott that worldcup. The human right abuses that Qatar somehow manage to sweep under the carpet is astonishing.

Absolutely abhorrent mate. Same Brazil last time out. Hopefully with the Unions getting involved this will come to the publics attention. Because it's for **** sure football and the TV company's wouldn't be saying Jack.

Absolutely abhorrent mate. Same Brazil last time out. Hopefully with the Unions getting involved this will come to the publics attention. Because it's for **** sure football and the TV company's wouldn't be saying Jack.
oil money goes a long way

I have two major problems with this case...

The first one is that even after he served his time in prison, most football team refused to take him on for fear of backlash. Yes he made a mistake. He served his time in prison. Its simply wrong to shut out ex-convicts from working society just because they committed a crime that they have already been punished for. Its attitude like this that makes so many of them with far less resources than Ched Evans head back into a life of crime straight away.

Secondly, he is now been proven innocent in what seems like quite shifty circumstances. Can't argue against a verdict but let him move on with his life and hopefully the female can do likewise.

There's a lot I could say on Evans, and more so some of the absolute disgraceful reactionary **** toward X on social media (a LOT of lads currently spouting utter bollocks right now need to give their ******* heads a wobble), but I probably shouldn't so I'll just leave this here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-case/

Last edited:

His first name is actually Chedwyn, which I'd argue is worse than Chedward

Changed my captain at the last minute and picked Aguero.
Came on as a sub and missed a penalty oO)

Duncan Castles– Verified account ‏@DuncanCastles

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Manager chasing a win puts big centre back on as an extra forward. How agricultural. Oh, the manager is Guardiola. #MCIEVE
8:51 am - 15 Oct 2016
160 RETWEETS62 LIKES.

Changed my captain at the last minute and picked Aguero.
Came on as a sub and missed a penalty oO)

Same as me, took Ibra & Hazard out, brought Aguero & Walcott in. Had a 2 freebies spare, and Walcott scored enough for both tbf.

Same as me, took Ibra & Hazard out, brought Aguero & Walcott in. Had a 2 freebies spare, and Walcott scored enough for both tbf.

Why would you swap out Ibrahimovic after you've just spent the last fortnight and more telling us how he's gonna' dominate our defence? ;).

Why would you swap out Ibrahimovic after you've just spent the last fortnight and more telling us how he's gonna' dominate our defence? ;).

Been planning to get Aguero in my team since he's came back from suspension. In my opinion he he ruins the game, as did Suarez a few seasons back in Liverpool's title push, they can score 3-4 goals against sides and if you don't have them in your side, your mates leave you for dust when they have a good week. They're robots, spoil the game.

As for Ibra, I do think he'll get cause the Pool defence a lot of problems due to his physicality and threat in the air, on top of his other abilities, but in a coin toss between "Get Aguero in for a home game against Everton" or "leave Ibra for another week away to Anfield" - excuse me if I went for the latter :D

Meh. Sounds like a complete lack of confidence in your convictions/ team. ;)

See, Mane, Captain. Firmino and Coutinho alongside him. Even fantasy's fun again this year. (H).

*Edit* Although I do wish I'd of known Cresswell would o been back for West 'Am today. Would of switched him in.

*Double Edit* I benched Rashford too this week.

Last edited:
Back