The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
The lack of officers in the stadium is due to someone deciding not to install the airwave radio that all the emergency services use in the stadium for some reason. If it doesn't have coverage so that the police can easily communicate then they won't intervene unless a crime has been committed.

Apparently the issue was mentioned two years ago but nothing was done about it for ages

The lack of officers in the stadium is due to someone deciding not to install the airwave radio that all the emergency services use in the stadium for some reason. If it doesn't have coverage so that the police can easily communicate then they won't intervene unless a crime has been committed.

Apparently the issue was mentioned two years ago but nothing was done about it for ages

It's not a 'lack of'. It's literally NONE.

And that's been apparent for 2 years? You couldn't make this **** up if you tried.

Delighted to see that 'Boro goal stand, nothing at all against Everton, in-fact for Fantasy Football purposes I would've liked to see them keep a clean sheet (Baines), but Goalkeepers have gotten WAY TOO MUCH PROTECTION over the years, the strikers basically can not fairly challenge in the air with a keeper without the whistle going in favour of the the man in gloves. Would like to see more of this!

Delighted to see that 'Boro goal stand, nothing at all against Everton, in-fact for Fantasy Football purposes I would've liked to see them keep a clean sheet (Baines), but Goalkeepers have gotten WAY TOO MUCH PROTECTION over the years, the strikers basically can not fairly challenge in the air with a keeper without the whistle going in favour of the the man in gloves. Would like to see more of this!

Sorry mate. Initially liked that trusting your judgement but that was a disgrace to stand. He heads Stekelenburg's arm. That should NEVER of stood.

Agree with you on the joke of over protection on keepers but that's a bad example to use.

Last edited:
Yeah mate I agree, I was only going by live play. After seeing all the angles at half time, I quickly changed my mind haha

STORY OF THE WEEK

[FONT=&quot]Former Manchester City striker Emile Mpenza is “deeply shocked” by suggestions he missed training when he was a Plymouth Argyle player due to an erection.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paul Sturrock, Mpenza's manager during his time at Home Park, wrote in his autobiography that the Belgian had taken too much ****** and was so sexually aroused he could not train with the first team.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But Mpenza strongly denies the accusation and will now begin legal proceedings.[/FONT]

In terms of improving competitive youth football in England, this disappoints me:

Whole Game Solution: Premier League B Teams ruled out following first phase of consultation

However, if I were a supporter of one of the 72 lower league clubs I'd be ecstatic and would flatly be telling the PL clubs to politely go F themselves!

This one continues to be an on-going problem:

FA Cup Factfile
@FACupFactfile
27m27 minutes ago

FA Cup Factfile Retweeted FA Cup Factfile
Also, less trumpeted, is the fact that #EFL clubs will not support taking part in a winter break

Last edited:
City under investigation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-fifa-for-trafficking-of-youngster-they-sign/

Allegedly taken a player from Argentina.

Paper quote "Section 19 of Fifa’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players states international transfers of players are permitted only if the player is over the age of 18, other than in three circumstances.

The first is when the transfer is caused by the moving of the player’s parents due to work reasons; the second when the transfer is to a club within 50 kilometres of the border of the country; and the third when the transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union of a player over 16. Vélez said: “None of these exceptions apply to Benjamín Garré, who travelled to England without his parents.” "

City under investigation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-fifa-for-trafficking-of-youngster-they-sign/

Allegedly taken a player from Argentina.

Paper quote "Section 19 of Fifa’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players states international transfers of players are permitted only if the player is over the age of 18, other than in three circumstances.

The first is when the transfer is caused by the moving of the player’s parents due to work reasons; the second when the transfer is to a club within 50 kilometres of the border of the country; and the third when the transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union of a player over 16. Vélez said: “None of these exceptions apply to Benjamín Garré, who travelled to England without his parents.” "

The guys statement is all over the place. We hold City responsible (who applied to FIFA before completing the deal), doesnt complain he was taken on trial by other clubs, 2 years ago. Just that the kid holds a Italian Passport and he's been loop-holed out of a fee.

ffs lad, and least have a proper complaint.

These are the Fifa rules regarding the transfer of minors and none of these apply to Garre so there is a case to answer unless Fifa have decided to change their rules. As far as I can see the fact that he has a European passport shouldn't matter since the transfer didn't take place within the E.U. since he transferred directly from Argentina to England

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf
Article
Protection of minors
International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over
the age of 18.
The following three exceptions to this rule apply:
a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is
located for reasons not linked to football;
b) The transfer takes place within the territory of the European
Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player
is aged between 16 and 18. In this case, the new club must fulfil
the following minimum obligations:
i) It shall provide the player with an adequate football education
and/or training in line with the highest national standards.
ii) It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or
vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football
education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue
a career other than football should he cease playing professional
football.
iii) It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that
the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum
living standards with a host family or in club accommodation,
appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).
iv) It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the
relevant association with proof that it is complying with the
aforementioned obligations;
c) The player lives no further than 50km from a national border
and the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the
neighbouring association is also within 50km of that border. The
maximum distance between the player’s domicile and the club’s
headquarters shall be 100km. In such cases, the player must
continue to live at home and the two associations concerned must
give their explicit consent.
VI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS INVOLVING MINORS
The conditions of this article shall also apply to any player who has
never previously been registered with a club and is not a national of
the country in which he wishes to be registered for the first time.
Each association shall ensure the respect of this provision by its clubs.
The Players’ Status Committee shall be competent to decide on
any dispute arising in relation to these matters and shall impose
appropriate sanctions in the event of violations of this provision.

Once he turned 16, he had no professional contract with the Argentinian club, therefore is an Italian free agent. Most likely the argument on the table, covered in b) i) ii)

They will have to prove the agreement came before he turned 16. If city applied for and got FIFA permission as stated by both parties, Fifa will have to go back and admit a **** up. (as usual).

Im sure all clubs have tapped up minors but this guys argues a terrible case. The CLUB is at fault, how dare they get Gov. body permission and go ahead...

Last edited:
Bayern's bench today: Boateng, Rafinha, Ribery, Robben, Xabi, Vidal.

Seriously, that is just disturbing.

Bayern's bench today: Boateng, Rafinha, Ribery, Robben, Xabi, Vidal.

Seriously, that is just disturbing.

Little to no cover for Lewandowski though, I know Muller can do a good job as a false 9, but I'm really surprised they have never looked to bring in a natural striker to play second fiddle to Lewa, especially after letting Mandzukic go. I'm guessing he wasn't willing to play deputy, but surely some decent striker would love the chance.

Little to no cover for Lewandowski though, I know Muller can do a good job as a false 9, but I'm really surprised they have never looked to bring in a natural striker to play second fiddle to Lewa, especially after letting Mandzukic go. I'm guessing he wasn't willing to play deputy, but surely some decent striker would love the chance.

They probably tried, but who would want to be backup for Lewandowski? You'd be lucky to get 180 minutes of playtime per season as his backup, he has played 60 games a year for 7 years straight, and gets injured basically never.

They probably tried, but who would want to be backup for Lewandowski? You'd be lucky to get 180 minutes of playtime per season as his backup, he has played 60 games a year for 7 years straight, and gets injured basically never.

Just for injury insurance.

Random fact of the day apparently one of Jeremy Corbyn's sons is a coach at Watfrod

Back