The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I keep banging on about him but this kid is going to be a bona fide World Superstar. And so humble and grounded reflecting his family.

Great 15 minute watch:

[video=youtube;bbiY0Sk1G0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbiY0Sk1G0g[/video]

A complete season sim of the new footie manager using ever single league. If this is anything to go by, I'm glad I have no interest in investing. This is absolutely mad. Get on all the sackings/ manager changes!

[video=youtube;MP3Tu63lv7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP3Tu63lv7A[/video]

..... How people feel about video replays? And when will it be tested in PL?
Video replays to be used in semi-live trial at Italy v Germany friendly - BBC Sport

All for it. Anything that makes the game more honest. Players are so super fit now and the game played at such speed, particularly at the very top level, that it's hard for three guys to be expected to make that snap, often crucial decision. It'll take some getting used to and they'll be the inevitable teething problems like any big change. But I don't see how it can be a bad thing for the game.

Hopefully they'll keep on trialling it and get it down to a smooth, quick system when it's needed. Intrigued that the actual referee of the game doesn't get to look at a replay to decide. Would of thought it would make more sense to have him confer/ make the final call on any close decisions having looked at it again.

I'm all for using video footage to help the refs, but don't like the idea of some additional referees going through the footage on the sidelines. That'd be very expensive setup, you can only use it at a top level of football.

Should sort it like this instead - captains can challenge a decision (1 decision each half or something like that), the game is then stopped and refs go through whatever footage that is available. It's 2016, everybody has a camera on them so you can implement that all the way down to kids games. This way everybody gets the benefit of video tech, not just the filthy rich at the very top.

Just adopt the video system that Rugby uses.
When a call goes to video, it never hampers my enjoyment of the game.

And this is why English managers like Sean Dyche will remain as limited as they are. Absolutely f-ing clueless!

View attachment 117643

*Edit* See Burnley got beat 4 at West From tonight. Should of run more hey Sean?

Last edited:
Congratulations to Leicester topping the group at the first ever (and quite probably last) time of asking. Utterly awesome!

LOL @ Tottenham. Enjoy the Europa! (If yes even make that!).

What are the odds of Leicester winning the UCL? I am in need of some money. :D

Last edited:
They have more win in CL than in PL.

Reckon it's a motivational thing. Both players and fans.

Been there, done that the PL. Aren't ever likely to get anywhere near the Champions League places again. Let alone win the league.

European Cups a whole new experience they can all get up for and they're just going flat out and seeing where the ride takes them.

Some time ago I posted some quizzes, if anybody remembers. Why not try it again. Some are harder some easier.
Hope you like it ;)

1) Which five Dutchmen have scored 50 or more Premier League goals?

Bergkamp, Hasselbaink, Kuyt, Van Nistelrooy and Van Persie?

2) Which three current Premier League Clubs has Harry Kane yet to score against?

Pass.

3) Which four players won three Premier League Medals with Arsenal?

Adams, Bergkamp, Keown and Viera?

4) Which four Frenchmen were nominated for the 2016 Ballon d'Or?

Greizmann, Payet, Pogba and someone else?

5) Which three 2016-17 Premier League matches produced a grand total of 21 goals?

Liverpool 4-1 Leicester/ Liverpool 6-1 Watford/ Swansea 5-4 Palace. Sure there's other combinations.

6) In 2000/01 three teams named City were relegated. Which one avoided the drop?
(Leicester City Manchester City Converty City Bradford City)

Leicester City?

Will look into answers tomorrow :)

1)Correct
3)Correct
4) 3 guys is corrent and you are missing one important one ;)
5)Correct
6)Correct

So if interested I can tell who is the 4th frenchmen and who Kane hasent scored againts?

is the 4th frnechmen Benzema by any chance?

Back