The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Hammers LOL

Edit: So they start a fight instead. christ.

Last edited:
******* love watching Marco Silva's Watford!! Man's destined for a big job. Positive, refreshing football. Afraid of nobody. Richarlison looks a gem of a buy, even if he has just missed two sitters.

Game should be dead and buried..

Is Poch one of the best managers in the world? How do you rank him in the league?

Give views

Is Poch one of the best managers in the world? How do you rank him in the league?

Give views

Certainly up there as it stands, although hard to say he is amongst the top of the tree until he has achieved something.

But I think he's great at improving players, great with youth and really good tactically. He doesn't seem to have a glaring weakness.

Give views

I hate his arrogance toward domestic cups to the point he's now come out and flat out said they're beneath him and Tottenham and they want bigger things.

That aside, yeah, he's right up there with the new breed of progressive, innovative managers coming into the PL and making the game far more attractive to watch.

Seeing as he shares many principals with Klopp, Scouse, which makes them somewhat comparable, as a Liverpool fan, would you rate him above Jurgen?

Seeing as he shares many principals with Klopp, Scouse, which makes them somewhat comparable, as a Liverpool fan, would you rate him above Jurgen?

Above the lord almighty himself, don't be silly?!?!

I don't get the need to compare personally. As Klopp fits L'pool perfectly and I wouldn't want to change him for anyone it doesn't bother me who is perceived to be better or not.

If it helps, Guardiola. Klopp. Pochetino. All the type of manager I want if I'm paying to watch football. The newer, innovative, progressive breed.

The likes of Conte, Mourinho and Rafa, who we ironically had good success with, not so much.

Watching the RBL-Munich Pokal tie.

Utterly mad how there's AVR the Bundesliga but not in the cup until the QF.

Leipzig had a stonewall penalty (and stonewall red for Vidal) reversed on the pitch which surely wouldn't have been had the AVR option been in. If you have the technology and it's working so well, why not use it every game and every competition?

Sidenote- As all-around dominant as Keita is, he needs to reel his enthusiastic commitment back in a bit his tatles'. It's not so much he's overly aggressive per se. More that he makes so many he invariably mistimes one. You could well see his bookings being high the **** poor standard of PL officiating.

Last edited:
And there goes Keita sent off again. Stupid, stupid decision. Grabbed the fella's shorts already on a booking.

Really needs to sort this out.

And there goes Keita sent off again. Stupid, stupid decision. Grabbed the fella's shorts already on a booking.

Really needs to sort this out.

3 sendings off in the last 7 games for club and country im reading on twitter, was he like this last season scouse?

3 sendings off in the last 7 games for club and country im reading on twitter, was he like this last season scouse?

I might be wrong but I don't think he'd ever been sent off his career until this season.

His passion and and non-stop commitment is fantastic but he needs to temper it. The second booking there was ridiculously stupid.

he was not like this last season maybe got away with a lot seeing as rb was like a team that no 1 were looking at till thay started to make waves

And now the ref. 'evens' up his earlier mistake by giving RBL another penalty that was nowhere near a penalty.

Utterly mad how you can AVR in the league but not in the cup until the last 8.

Defeats the whole object of bringing it in surely?

On the plus side, FC Hollywood are losing again. That Ancelotti binning is working out fantastically.

*Edit* 1-1. Twats.

Last edited:
Poch is good but his transfer business has been hit or miss, so I doubt if he would be having as much success if academy didn't come up with a surprise gift of best English-born striker since Shearer. Then again, sometimes you need that bit of luck.

Vertonghen and Aldeweireld for about the same/less fee than Lindelof. I let that sink in slowly, not that they were both under Pochettino era, but still.

Back