The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Wouldn't be like a bunch of spoilt, overpaid brats to turn on the manager nowadays, would it? :P

If that's the case, I guess it's the only logical decision for the club, even though I'm completely against that sort of thing.

Just amazed all of this happens so much nowadays, little room for error for managers of top clubs, and this man just sits there like:

Arsene-Wenger-smiling-2.jpg
Reading a load on Bayern Forum that the board interfered with his job also. Especially in the market.

To be honest, if you're going to sack manager mid season, doing it in September is best option.

Ancelotti’s record at Bayern - 60 games 156 goals 50 conceded 42 wins 9 draws 9 defeats 2 DFL-Supercups 1 Bundesliga

Ancelotti’s record at Bayern - 60 games 156 goals 50 conceded 42 wins 9 draws 9 defeats 2 DFL-Supercups 1 Bundesliga

**** like this is why I watch less football every year. The entire sport is broken.

I think it was more the manner in which they were doing it (yes, sounds unbelievably spoilt, I know), but it wasn't the free-flowing complex positional play/possession based Pep style that they became used to seeing.

Football fans, give them anything to complain

I think it was more the manner in which they were doing it (yes, sounds unbelievably spoilt, I know), but it wasn't the free-flowing complex positional play/possession based Pep style that they became used to seeing.

156 goals in 60 games is a slightly higher goal per game ratio than Peps side I think I read.

Bayern looking to go the Real Madrid route

I don't know man.

I mean, Pep has built an insane point-grinding machine for the Bundesliga, no arguments there. It was nuts how consistent they were as a team and the number of Bundesliga records they smashed.

But on the highest stage... that same machine would often choke. Everybody woud just sit deep, let them pass for days and murder them on the counter. When playing against the likes of Hoffeinheim Pep's style was devastating, but they had massive problems handling other elite teams of comparable talent.

Their best European performance of last couple years were the Madrid games under Ancelotti, and that was while playing both games with 10-men. Everybody knows papa Carlo isn't the league manager and trashing Bundesliga for the 6th time isn't why they hired him either.

Weird decision. And I'm betting some **** must have went down behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Some players definitely not performing there best for him. Hummels, Alaba, Muller to name a few. And some aging greats declining.

Ridiculous. Good luck the next 3 months with the 'keeper undoing everything in nets before you even start with the egos of the over the hill veterans.

Ridiculous. Good luck the next 3 months with the 'keeper undoing everything in nets before you even start with the egos of the over the hill veterans.
I know Neuer is a big loss. But there is Defo something not right. Like you said could be egos. Which is surprising as he’s usually well liked. But a fair few of there players Defo underperforming this season.

It's probably the combination of Robben and Ribery being phased out and loss of Lahm as a captain. Ribery is famously dumb as a box of hammers and if he didn't play football he'd probably end up in an institution, while Lahm I'm guessing kept the German group of players in check, and with him gone all the primadonnas have pulled out their handbags.

Don't care much at all for Barcelona after the underhand way they behaved, yet again, this summer and tested everyone's patience to the limit. And mixing politics and sport is never good. But if this sanction is brought down on them and the Spanish FA sides with the Spanish Government to add to the scandalous situation currently going against the Catalonians leading to this on safety grounds it will be an absolute disgrace.

Madrid, the Establishment/ Kings team, handed a freebie straight back in the race you say ..... Stinks!

Jim Hart@CatenacciariFollow

More

Barcelona could face 6 point reduction and economic sanctions over the Las Palmas match cancellation​

6:09 am - 1 Oct 2017

Don't care much at all for Barcelona after the underhand way they behaved, yet again, this summer and tested everyone's patience to the limit. And mixing politics and sport is never good. But if this sanction is brought down on them and the Spanish FA sides with the Spanish Government to add to the scandalous situation currently going against the Catalonians leading to this on safety grounds it will be an absolute disgrace.

Madrid, the Establishment/ Kings team, handed a freebie straight back in the race you say ..... Stinks!

Jim Hart@CatenacciariFollow

More

Barcelona could face 6 point reduction and economic sanctions over the Las Palmas match cancellation​

6:09 am - 1 Oct 2017
its gone ahead in an empty stadium

Well binning Carletto worked out well for FC Hollywood then huh?

Dicks.

Have you seen the stories coming out about how Bayern players were allegedly doing extra training in secret because Ancelotti wouldn't let them?

I don't know how naive do they think fans are.

BARCELONA president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed the La Liga leaders are considering playing outside of Spain should Catalonia gain independence which could see them trying to join the Premier League.

wow.

Back