The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Flattering of you all to think he was talking about United, but I think he was referring to Liverpool putting the pressure on.

Nah. United are closest with the game in hand. 13 if they win it and we dont. Liverpool would still be 15 adrift if we dont lose the game in hand. (18 if not) 5+ wins to claw back in 10 games against the team/fixtures we have.

Bridge to far with either, i assume as he was taking 4 wins to make the difference if was United making the run. The closer to the better to start from..

I wasnt particularly referring to anyone specifically. Anyone of the teams from 2nd to 5th could go on a good run and pick up points.

I would say Liverpool are in the best position to do this, but as WKD said, we only have United and Chelsea left to play. If we just had teams in the top 6, I would rate our chances pretty high, but no doubt we will drop points to one of the lower sides.

Again, stranger things have happened. I still think they will win by around 6 points though.

It tickles me this narrative still persists, even among L’pool fans, that we struggle so badly against the other 14 teams as opposed to the top 6. You’d all be surprised to see how the top 6 all stack up against the other 14 over the last 2 years but we’ll visit that the end of the season.

It tickles me this narrative still persists, even among L’pool fans, that we struggle so badly against the other 14 teams as opposed to the top 6. You’d all be surprised to see how the top 6 all stack up against the other 14 over the last 2 years but we’ll visit that the end of the season.

Prob based on the 18 point dropped from last years non top 6 this this. I think everyone has the WBA/Swansea back to back losses for the PL, forgetting one was the league only.

Prob based on the 18 point dropped from last years non top 6 this this. I think everyone has the WBA/Swansea back to back losses for the PL, forgetting one was the league only.

Like the other 5 don my drop nearly as many? The only 2 that stand out are Chelsea and City down to those mad, unparralleled record equalling/ winning runs. But the media narrative when L’pool drop something to a lesser side sticks more than with anyone else.

Perception and memory of stand out loses are a funny thing that naturally clouds our judgement the more they’re mentioned.

I think you are being compared unfairly to the other 5, and the previous champions on both.. The champions usually drop 10 points or less to the non top 6. (Chelsea dropped 4 last year **** me!)

Who has dropped most points from winning positions in PL? | Daily Mail Online

This table is more telling but its only up to December clearly VVD & Keita, Keeper and a couple more will soon sort that out.. Reds are hitting a gallop. You've improved season on season and have a proper footballing style/identity with Klopp. They were calling for his head, daft *****. lol.

:D

Almost time for the FINAL!! god i hope Arsenal are as bad as Thursday night..

‘Daft *****’ sums up the typical social media fan.

Can’t see anything other than a City stroll but then it’s a one off final so shouldn’t take anything for granted.

Lets hope so. Enjoy the game lad.

And you. Honestly envious. City are really building something sustainable and rhey’ll doubtless be many more but never take any final for granted. It’s what it’s all about.

I know where I’d rather of been this weekend.

And you. Honestly envious. City are really building something sustainable and rhey’ll doubtless be many more but never take any final for granted. It’s what it’s all about.

I know where I’d rather of been this weekend.

Yeah. Arsenal should be up for this, even after everything there season is going through... If there full XI all turn up and put the talent/work in, they can give us a game.

They should annouce Peps new contract if they win as well. He could set the style of play for the next decade+ with the setup/backing an stability of no longer being a yo-yo club. Full emulation of a Cruyff-esque legacy. Dont think we ever that one manager than sets it all. Shanks/Bubsy/Ferguson/Wenger sort of definition..

BREAKING: An agreement for an annual two-week winter break in early February has been agreed between the FA, Premier League and Football League. Commencing in the 19/20 season.

Under the plan, the fifth round of the FA Cup would be played entirely in the middle of the week and without replays. The idea is that all Premier League clubs will have at least 13 days without a match. Full story in @TimesSport
2b07.png
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/winter-break-agreed-after-fa-cup-move-pjb7jlkjb …

The obvious and sensible thing would be to reduce the PL to 18/16 clubs. But they're never gonna' vote for that so this is at least a step in the right direction to start with.

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of clubs arranged a couple glorified friendliest in Dubai or somewhere for a bit of extra cash. Would defeat the purpose then and would hope not. Will only help us in the later stages of the CL this imo.

Not it sure if it will effect the national team to much.

Can defo see the cups being more and more diluted.

There's no need for them to be. Do away with all replays and have a one-off round over a weekend. (Midweek should NEVER happen the FA Cup. Only thing I'm completely against with this change.). ****, go down the German road and having the lowest ranked team in every round play at home until the semi if smaller clubs still want that. And make the LC semi a one-off game.

They'd lose TV money so doubtless would never go that far but Friday/ Monday night FA Cup games need to go too. Just have all rounds over a Sat'day/ Sunday.

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of clubs arranged a couple glorified friendliest in Dubai or somewhere for a bit of extra cash. Would defeat the purpose then and would hope not. Will only help us in the later stages of the CL this imo.

Not it sure if it will effect the national team to much.

More fool them if they continued to be that greedy. (Oh the irony ..... ).

They'd lose the compliance of the FL clubs the next deal and be back to square one. That would completely defeat the object. As much as it wouldn't surprise you.

Not quite as cynical as to the benefits. Gives the players a mid-season rest (if it's treated right) instead of slogging right through. And a break on the wallet after the crazy mad December/ Christmas period would be very welcome.

Its a start in the right direction.

Oh yeah, watched the Cagliari- Napoli game last night for a look at this Jorginho lad. Brought home again the shambles of VAR. Over 2 minutes stood around to decide to award a goal that was perfectly good at full speed. Never mind the replays.

Complete and utter farce in every Country. I personally remain 100% against that regardless of improvements.

Back