The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
For Jorginho it is mind breaking that he has only 3 caps...

Italy. They tend to stick to experience until they literally have no legs over anything else.

Now De Rossi has announced his long overdue National team retirement, along with you'd think the likes of Montolivo and Marchisio being binned as they rebuild from the utter shock of not making the WC finals n the first time in forever, things might well open up again there.

Last edited:
UEFA confirm all CL games next season will KO at either 5:55 PM or 8 PM GMT. Plus the 5th/ 6th place Europa League teams will go straight into the groups ala 1 through 4 the PL the CL.

Great news the EL now there's no qualifier outside of winning the LC and finishing outside the top 6. Always a pain in the backside and with 4 into 6 not going, a good safeguard for all the top 6 clubs.

The early KO's are perfect if you're away. Gives you a decent chance to get back into town after the inevitable hold back the ground before the bars have shut. We fell lucky the Europa league in that a few seasons back.

But you don't want them at all for the home games.

8 PM, or 9 or later the Continent the aways, is less appealing too. That 15 minutes might not seem much but it can make a major difference to things. And games KO at 11 PM in Russia can WELL do one. That's just mad!

OptaJoe‏Verified account @OptaJoe
0 - Today is two years to the day that Saido Berahino last scored in a senior competitive fixture (Feb 27th 2016). Since then, he has: - Played 42 games & 2324 minutes - Attempted 55 shots, with 20 on target - Missed three penalties

Crazy stats, wonder how he would have developed under Poch if the Spurs move would have happened.

I won't even ask.

Complete farce everywhere.

I have never heard our Estonian football commentator being so frustrated and sad. Must be up by almost midnight alone to watch and comment this horror show.
Every time camera showed the referee talking to VAR people, you could feel that he just wants to flip the table and walk away :D

Last edited:
And where I am in the UK its just rain >.> I would love some snow being the Man-child that I am. But No, just rain...

We had it up to -20 in Estonia and good amount of snow. We missed it, havent had a good winter for some time :D

too true a bit of snow and its the end of the world

I just looked out of the window in my kitchen and there's a kid that can't be older than 7 years old, riding a bike. It's -12 degrees right now.

Silly Brits panicking about mild weather.
Just used it as an excuse to go sledging with mates, although we lacked a sledge so used an air mattress, some dinner trays, some baking trays along with a bunch of other random stuff to see what worked. No panic where I am

View attachment 64060

I've had this, and more for the past few days (Meath, Ireland).
Great fun watching all the people in 2 wheel drive Chelsea tractors thinking they are in a 'go anywhere' vehicle getting stuck XD

Back