The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Wtf that’s insane :O

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...harged-with-attempted-murder-by-spanish-judge

Court officials in Lliria say the 23-year-old former Portugal under-21 international, who has been temporarily detained without bail, has also been charged with assault, robbery, illegal detention, and illegal possession of firearms.

According to The Telegraph he and two other men tied the victim up, beating him with a bat, holding a gun to his face and threatened to cut his fingers off...

Speculated about this last year and now it just matter of how long the drop is.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...of-plight-sunderland-relegation-chris-coleman
Sunderland have been on a downward spiral for years. They were lucky to survive in the Premiership as long as they did now it looks like even the Championship is beyond them. It's time for them to realise they aren't a sleeping giant anymore but a club in serious trouble. Going down to the 1st Division may do them some good in the long term but for that to happened they need to lower expectations, lower spending and actually let a manager stay in the job for more than one season. Build from the bottom upwards otherwise they may find themselves struggling next season in the third tier as well.

1) Liverpool -1
2) City +1
3) Arsenal -3
4) United +1
5) Spurs
6) Chelsea +2
7) Southampton -10
8) Everton -1
9) Leicester +1
10) Brighton -2
11) West Ham -3
12) Bournemouth -1
13) Palace -4
14) Newcastle +4
15) West Brom -5
16) Stoke -3
17) Swansea -1
18) Huddersfield +3
19) Watford -6
20) Burnley +13

Looking back on my predictions, I dont think they have been too bad so far! Other than Southampton and Burnley being waaaay off.

There's the explanation. The home team scored a goal that was disallowed, but stadium announcer already started to play some music, I'm guessing goal celebration tune? Home team goalkeeper turns his back to play, because he thinks the goal counts. I'm guessing due to speakers blaring he doesn't hear that goal was canceled and that counterattack is coming instead of play restarting from the middle.

It looks hilarious but announcer messed up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfl9TBGlJZy/

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I dont think this season will end as clear cut as it currently is.

City still have Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and United to play. City are still favourites to win all 4 games, but you never know. If they lose a couple of them, the pressure is really on and we will truly see what this city team is actually made of.

That said, I still think they will win the title, just not by the huge margin they are currently ahead.

Call me crazy, but I dont think this season will end as clear cut as it currently is.

City still have Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and United to play. City are still favourites to win all 4 games, but you never know. If they lose a couple of them, the pressure is really on and we will truly see what this city team is actually made of.

That said, I still think they will win the title, just not by the huge margin they are currently ahead.

But who will put on that pressure? The closest team is United, who still have Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Arsenal to play.

Cant see it. we have to lose all 4 of those and 1 more with United not dropping a point to even level it at this stage. They still have to play Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool again after today, not including us at Away.

Even lose a couple, its still 4 games less to play and 10 points to claw back in 6/7 games.

I think it'll be down to single figures, but not close to make a run in.

EDIT, Nvm Tyton makes my point :p - Even Liverpool currently in ghost 2nd, have Chelsea & United to play, but they usually drop a clanger and get a daft draw in a small game, not the bigger ones.

Last edited:
Flattering of you all to think he was talking about United, but I think he was referring to Liverpool putting the pressure on.

Back