The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Pochetino? That be a bit mad.

I thought the Qataris big thing was to win the Champions League?
I honestly can’t see PSG ever winning it. Neymar wouldn’t of made that much of a difference to me against Madrid. Lack of competitiveness in Ligue 1 is the main problem for me. It’s hard to switch form off like a tap especially most weeks when there hardly playing in 3rd gear.

Yes they can spend millions and millions and offer huge wages to appeal to players. But they never look like a team and tend to count on an individual player to produce some magic. Can’t do that an expect to win the CL imo.

Exactly on the status of Ligue 1. Like a glorified SPL.

And building your defence full of Brazilians doesn't help either. Because Brazilians are well known for their defensive strength .....

I honestly can’t see PSG ever winning it. Neymar wouldn’t of made that much of a difference to me against Madrid. Lack of competitiveness in Ligue 1 is the main problem for me. It’s hard to switch form off like a tap especially most weeks when there hardly playing in 3rd gear.

Yes they can spend millions and millions and offer huge wages to appeal to players. But they never look like a team and tend to count on an individual player to produce some magic. Can’t do that an expect to win the CL imo.
Monaco managed to get to a CL semi final despite being in Ligue 1 as well, think they will at least come really close to winning it Madrid took ages to win a CL after twice breaking the transfer record in the summer

Doesn't help when your fullbacks are both rubbish in Ben Davies and Kieran Trippier. Fullbacks went from a position of strength to weakness in one season. Seriously who is in charge of spurs transfer policy because their recruitment since establishing themselves in the top 4 has been horrible.

Monaco managed to get to a CL semi final despite being in Ligue 1 as well, think they will at least come really close to winning it Madrid took ages to win a CL after twice breaking the transfer record in the summer
Monaco like Leicester were having a stand out season. Be surprised to see them get anywhere near a semi final anytime soon.

Exactly you’ve just sort of proved my point with Madrid. Showing that buying big star players doesn’t always make a team. The team now has been built mainly from the same players since Mourinho first took over.

Just seen this tweet

Paul Merson: "Watford are out of the relegation zone, they've had a couple of good results."

Watford haven't dropped below 11th all season.

Good ol Paul

Mitrovic you beauty. 264.91
biggrin.gif
I pick one team from each 4 div. to win Man U / Fulham / BBurn / Notts County
biggrin.gif

Clearly time again for Zaha to step up a level. Been a right threat since he came on.

I think it's pretty pathetic from some so-called West Ham "fans" trying to justify the behavior of the moron contingent.

You can 100% absolutely not justify it. Absolute cretins and hopefully their last time in the stadium. They're not even football fans-just hooligans. When you're a fan of a club and you're not happy fine, show displeasure by voicing it. A real football fan doesn't suddenly regress to the caveman era and act like a knuckle dragging moron.

I think it's pretty pathetic from some so-called West Ham "fans" trying to justify the behavior of the moron contingent.

You can 100% absolutely not justify it. Absolute cretins and hopefully their last time in the stadium. They're not even football fans-just hooligans. When you're a fan of a club and you're not happy fine, show displeasure by voicing it. A real football fan doesn't suddenly regress to the caveman era and act like a knuckle dragging moron.

It goes well deeper. West Ham are openly courting a splinter fan group made up of ex-ICF members who have been openly threatening anyone to the point of forcing a postponement of a planned protest march today against Gold and Sullivan. And bringing right-wing politics into the equation ala the F-ed up power Italian fans hold over certain clubs out there.

Real disturbing piece from Delany on it all this week. Long read but an eye-opening one.

Why are West Ham’s board holding meetings with self-professed hooligans? | The Independent

Back