The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Dt-SvfDWkAAPNtU.jpg:large

What a picture ffs. What a young man. Laughing into the faces of racist scum. Constantly bashed by media for no good reason, receives **** like this, yet doesn't let any of that get in the way of him evolving into one of the finest attackers out there in world football. Inspirational young man, great character. If you even sit on the fence with the **** Raheem gets, then you're part of the problem, imo.

Don't get me wrong I like football, but the **** that happens along with it I can happily not have any part of it. Obviously I'm generalising here but football fans are so fickle, I bet them ones there who were being racist towards Sterling, were the same people who were supporting him for England in World Cup.

That's why I rarely go to matches now, if ever to be honest. It's a game at the end of the day, the fact that football fans will insult players racially still in 2018 makes me physically sick. This is how backward we are as a society, football fans are shining light of how we shouldn't be as people! (Not all of them, but majority).

I understand rivalry and competition makes the sport exciting, but **** all the insulting **** - racial or not. It doesn't belong in the game or anywhere for that matter.

You lads have never encountered Chelsea ‘fans’ before up close and personal I preaume?

You lads have never encountered Chelsea ‘fans’ before up close and personal I preaume?

Way to go generalizing millions of people, based on the behavior of one brain dead moron. I understand you dislike Chelsea, but I presumed you would be smart enough to separate the actions of an individual, from the club, and it's supporters.

"Liverpool fan Phillip Gannon banned for Evra racist abuse".

Should I call you a racist as well, because of the Evra incident? Are all Liverpool supporters racists? That would be the conclusion, following your logic.

Way to go generalising?

Where do you want me to start? At the NF recrutent ground that always has been Stamford Bridge? Or maybe the countless minutes silences you’ve created through over the years? Paris trains? Or just the vile atmosphere from the vast majority of Chelsea fans the match who really are the lowest of the low when it comes to football fans. Which is quite impressive.

You’re American right? Sorry if I remembered that wrong but I’m presuming you’ve not had much experience of the average match going Chelsea neandrathal. And trust me when I say that isn’t ‘generalising.’ That’s from personal experience over many decades.

I’d leave that there if I were you as the list of sewer dwelling ***** from your ‘support’ will make you cringe as opposed to isolated dickheads from other clubs if you really want to get into it.

Seriously at this point I blame all those organizations who claim to fight racism in football. The solution is right in their faces and they just can't seem to realize it. You can shout all kinds of nasty **** and nobody cares, until you do it to black player then it's national news. Well guess what, if some racist ******** finds himself in a group of fans who are screaming abuse, he's gonna feel encouraged to do the same. Throw away every person that shouts abuse and the whole problem goes away in 3 months.

It boggles the mind that Kick It Out have existed for 25 years and still haven't figured this out. There's always going to be some shitheads on the stadium, you can't help it. But if nobody can shout abuse they'll just watch the game and don't bother anybody.

Way to go generalizing millions of people, based on the behavior of one brain dead moron. I understand you dislike Chelsea, but I presumed you would be smart enough to separate the actions of an individual, from the club, and it's supporters.

"Liverpool fan Phillip Gannon banned for Evra racist abuse".

Should I call you a racist as well, because of the Evra incident? Are all Liverpool supporters racists? That would be the conclusion, following your logic.

I do agree you can't paint everyone with the same brush, but you have to admit, it seems to be a recurring theme with Chelsea fans more than most. The metro incident in France, this incident yesterday, and plenty others. Heck, didn't your owner even suggest sending your fans to Auschwitz in an attempt to open their minds & stamp out the racism at the club as recent as this season?

Seriously at this point I blame all those organizations who claim to fight racism in football. The solution is right in their faces and they just can't seem to realize it. You can shout all kinds of nasty **** and nobody cares, until you do it to black player then it's national news. Well guess what, if some racist ******** finds himself in a group of fans who are screaming abuse, he's gonna feel encouraged to do the same. Throw away every person that shouts abuse and the whole problem goes away in 3 months.

It boggles the mind that Kick It Out have existed for 25 years and still haven't figured this out. There's always going to be some shitheads on the stadium, you can't help it. But if nobody can shout abuse they'll just watch the game and don't bother anybody.

They do **** all in supporting the players

I do agree you can't paint everyone with the same brush, but you have to admit, it seems to be a recurring theme with Chelsea fans more than most. The metro incident in France, this incident yesterday, and plenty others. Heck, didn't your owner even suggest sending your fans to Auschwitz in an attempt to open their minds & stamp out the racism at the club as recent as this season?

Sending the ones accused and found guilty of racist comments / gestures. Not everyone. I am sure that's what you meant to say, but I think it is worth pointing out.

Way to go generalising?

Where do you want me to start? At the NF recrutent ground that always has been Stamford Bridge? Or maybe the countless minutes silences you’ve created through over the years? Paris trains? Or just the vile atmosphere from the vast majority of Chelsea fans the match who really are the lowest of the low when it comes to football fans. Which is quite impressive.

You’re American right? Sorry if I remembered that wrong but I’m presuming you’ve not had much experience of the average match going Chelsea neandrathal. And trust me when I say that isn’t ‘generalising.’ That’s from personal experience over many decades.

I’d leave that there if I were you as the list of sewer dwelling ***** from your ‘support’ will make you cringe as opposed to isolated dickheads from other clubs if you really want to get into it.

I am Hungarian.
So there were more incidents than, let's say hypothetically , every single team in the league combined. Does that still classify every single Chelsea fan as racist? How many were those caught on camera behaving like apes? 1000? 10000?Even if that's the case, that doesn't even amount to a single percent of the total fan base, yet you so vigorously like to pretend it's just another day at the Bridge, when that happens.
I am not trying to excuse them, far from it, but you simply cannot say something like that, when you know it's complete nonsense. Because I truly believe that you know for a fact that you are exaggerating, out of spite towards the club.

Horrible reffery... Everton huge offside goal and then already booked mina brings down as last man no foul given...

Depends where they pulled the stats from Whoscored has kepa at 85%, Ederson at 83%, allisson 78%, DDG 59%

Think they're fishy stats tbf, as I can't imagine how De Gea's pass % is so high given the fact he's instructed to hoof it at Lukaku most of the time (and he loses a lot of those duels).

If true, those post xG shots are a little scary from our perspective, but also shows how crucial De Gea is to us. We concede higher quality chances/shots than all of the others. "Post xG", unlike regular xG, takes into account where they placed the shot, not just the location of the player & type of execution (so for example, a shot placed towards the top corner obviously = higher probability of a goal going than straight down the middle). De Gea's a flying machine man. We'd probably be bottom half without him this season.

If fax machine worked, instead of De Gea you'd have to suffer with 3 times Champions League winner Keylor Navas guarding your goal.

Rich club problems.

Back