The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Careful. Mr Woodward has his phone number - I'm just waiting for the speculation
Woody needs to move fast if he wants his first choice more like. Given the choice between Madrid or Manchester most managers would prefer the lure of Spain...

As much as I hate Madrid, they are in a similar situation to United and have acted pronto.... at least they might salvage something out of this season.

As much as I hate Madrid, they are in a similar situation to United and have acted pronto.... at least they might salvage something out of this season.
They are apparently trying to talk to Pochettino - which means Woody has to act fast if he wants him at OT.
Could be an interested couple of weeks ahead - unless they stick with the interim manager - which is the shortest odds to be fair.

What do you think of the rumours of the Super League?

16 clubs across Europe would join those clubs, but won't be allowed anymore to play in the UEFA competitions.
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern München, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, Liverpool and AC Milan.
Possibly Atlético Madrid. Borussia Dortmund, Olympique Marseille, Internazionale and AS Roma aswell if I should believe the news article.

Pretty sure that would be the final nail in the coffin for me if a breakaway ever happened.

Berlin Sunday then a couple days Belgrade- Fun trip to look forward to and a nice break. (Bar the serious potential for aggro Belgrade but you get the picture.)

Having a Euro away every other week- Not so much!

But this has been mooted for years and only serves as a threat to UEFA to increase the major clubs power so I doubt it happens any time soon.

Seconded. It already drains my soul out of me when I watch the beautiful game become more like American sports with every passing year. The football I grew up was a people's game, something that connects cities and communities. Now it's just a business. If Super League were to happen I'm jumping off that train, thank you very much.

But like Scouse says, it's just an empty threat really. In an unlikely even that an honest man somehow becomes the head of UEFA, rich clubs would use it to blackmail UEFA and beat it into submission.

And speaking of UEFA, some story is just breaking out about massive FPP violations and corruption. Things are about to go nuclear if these leaks can be confirmed.

And speaking of UEFA, some story is just breaking out about massive FPP violations and corruption. Things are about to go nuclear if these leaks can be confirmed.

Doesn’t read good for City, PSG or the baldy **** in charge of UEFA does it?

But then Abu Dahbi and Qatari money will make it all go away.

Doesn't tell me anything i didn't know, apart from the baldy helping shape the language of the emails. City were constantly telling UEFA to get ****** at the time..

Yeah none of this is surprising, I didn't expect baldy to have more spine than his predecessors. The only way to fix UEFA and FIFA is if they became a publicly traded company. Then there's regulations you follow, financial transparency is required and enforced by law, and so on and so on.

Right now it's just such a bizarre institution. Technically they're a non-profit, but they also oversee the most profitable sport on the planet. So of course there's gonna be corruption, it's unavoidable. If Jesus finally comes back and becomes head of UEFA, he'd become corrupt within a week.

The whole thing is a farce.

Last edited:
Disgrace, ref stole 3 points from Southampton. Last goals was called offside, but it was not. Need that VAR in PL.

TBF, there was a stonewall penalty to Watford they also missed.

Another day. Another example of abysmal PL officiating.

So Chelsea’s Buck completely out of reality, abhorrent £5 million pay-off for Scudamore proposal got passed then?

Absolutely disgusted with L’pool and the 19 other PL clubs.

Though sadly not surprised.

So Chelsea’s Buck completely out of reality, abhorrent £5 million pay-off for Scudamore proposal got passed then?

Absolutely disgusted with L’pool and the 19 other PL clubs.

Though sadly not surprised.

I read somewhere that 4-5 clubs refused. If remembering correctly Wolves, Leicester, Watford and Fulham

Chelsea has some irregularities with transfer dealings - they face the risk of 2 year transfer ban.
City is involved in biggest financial scandal in history of modern football - they face the risk of 1 year transfer ban.

Seriously, what the ****? I normally don't wish ill fate on people, but if Vladimir Putin offered to fix corrupt football authorities by nuking both FIFA and UEFA from orbit, I might be tempted to take that deal.

Back