The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Chelsea has some irregularities with transfer dealings - they face the risk of 2 year transfer ban.
City is involved in biggest financial scandal in history of modern football - they face the risk of 1 year transfer ban.

Seriously, what the ****? I normally don't wish ill fate on people, but if Vladimir Putin offered to fix corrupt football authorities by nuking both FIFA and UEFA from orbit, I might be tempted to take that deal.

I assume that transfer ban is coming for husseling with kids (as bad it can sound). The financial scandal can bring them bigger impact in losing points etc.

Chelsea has some irregularities with transfer dealings - they face the risk of 2 year transfer ban.
City is involved in biggest financial scandal in history of modern football - they face the risk of 1 year transfer ban.

Seriously, what the ****? I normally don't wish ill fate on people, but if Vladimir Putin offered to fix corrupt football authorities by nuking both FIFA and UEFA from orbit, I might be tempted to take that deal.

Nottin will happen.

Abu Dahbi/ Quatari (PSG)/ Russian money will doubtless make it all go away.

Talking to a journalist friend this week all the Scudamore stuff came out this past week to deflect from one of those clubs all over the news prior to that.

Where L’pool to win the league this year/ the coming years, it’d be the greatest achievment of all their 19 titles for me by a Country mile given not only the financial disparity you’re up against now. But City not playing on a level FFP playing field.

[FONT=&quot]Germany- Netherlands this evening. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just one of those great sporting occasions that supersedes mere sport and compels you to watch. [/FONT]

E-Leeds United‏ @e_LeedsUnited
So far this season.... Leeds Utd have had the FIFTH most games selected for Sky coverage in the whole of England, ahead of #MUFC and #LFC Also worth noting that #LUFC bagged circa £7.7m from TV money last season while PL teams bagged from between a staggering £95m-£150m

Dr07TQJX4AArYfv.jpg

But things might be improving to make the playing field more fair.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46267320

Last edited:

City won't face anything, all the 'leaks' pre-date the settlement. Uefa already knew all of these issues, and changed the rules again in 2015 which made the issue irrelevant. Only overinflating deals is still an issue as far as I'm aware, which is the PSG sponsorship deal.

This is the best thing you'll see on the internet this week.

[video=youtube;h7-mGH6X3PI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7-mGH6X3PI[/video]

AC Milan are currently losing at home to the champions of Luxembourg if anyone is looking for a game to watch. Bakayoko is making Matic look like a Balon d'Or winning midfielder

Unfortunate stuff that has happened in past weeks in personal life(Break up) has given me more time for watching games etc and looking more into them.

Leeds match i have tried always to watch rather than PL. I have noticed Bielsa as very very different type of coach and i am not sure good or bad way.
He seems very hardcore in ways to switch plays mid game if he truly sees something not working or player having bad day.

Two games in a row he has made changes from second half. He have made changes even in 20th minutes as he saw player out of place and completely changing the game because of this and in the end winning it(not the last game, then there was injury, it was month ago). We are sitting second currently, 1 point behind of Norwich. It amazes me the boldness he have to to this and still have players running and gunning for him. Players understand what they do wrong and even if u where taken out in halfway, he still will start u, hoping to see more spark.

Are we currently in era where making these kind of hard/strange changes are out as managers are more concern of players attitude and general opinion of them? I only remember some times Poch doing something similar, but it was 1-2 times and he looks up to Bielsa so it is understandable.

How would people here think about it? Would you rather see these changes early in the game (even if star players) as the named player is not into the game and is clearly the weak link? It can end up also very badly (team moral etc) and maybe this shows why Bielsa has not been considered the top top top manager with medals.

NB! I will be trying to come to England for some matches coming months after settling down on my new job. Hope to join or see some of you guys.

I think Bielsa was always considered a weirdo even in the good old days when player power was kept in check.

I wish football will introduce the interchange. Where you are allowed to continuously make substitutes like in most sports. But until then making these decisions will have huge impact on player's morale. Once you start losing you might lose your dressing room quicker and everyone knows it is easier to sack and replace a coach than 5 players.

Is it fair? I think when the player aren't able to adapt to what the match needs I think it should be fine substitute him. But in modern football with your current top 11 you should be able to play in more than 1 formation and switch from back 4 to back 3 during the match. Atleast I think that's where football is going to.

Unlimited subs will be one of the stupiest idea ever proposed in football.

Quite like FIFA ratifying a maximum of 6-8 loans per club from 2020. And at that bo more than 2 to one club.

A sensible move with the good of the game at heart for once. Although I would make that just for players over say 20/ 21 personally.

Chelsea and their scandalous 36 loans will need a big rethink of their business model.

Told you that had cut feeling someone will be sacked after United vs SOU. Probably a lot of people where hoping Jose head, but it is Hughes that went to the chopping table.

So Modric got Ballon d'Joke this year, well deserved.

If only someone could kindly explain to me how does Lewandowski not even make top 30 despite scoring 44 goals and currently leading CL top scorers together with Messi, that'd be great.

Told you that had cut feeling someone will be sacked after United vs SOU. Probably a lot of people where hoping Jose head, but it is Hughes that went to the chopping table.

Is rite.

Dropping points against Utd is totally inexcusable!

So Modric got Ballon d'Joke this year, well deserved.

If only someone could kindly explain to me how does Lewandowski not even make top 30 despite scoring 44 goals and currently leading CL top scorers together with Messi, that'd be great.

Better question is how the host did not get smacked over his head with the trophy.

The first female winner and they asked if she could twerk, on stage, front of everyone... we all understand jokes but cmon...

https://twitter.com/FutbolLouiss/status/1069696086477025280

Back