The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
If fax machine worked, instead of De Gea you'd have to suffer with 3 times Champions League winner Keylor Navas guarding your goal.

Rich club problems.

Have a weird feeling De Gea may have flopped at RM. I'll probably get lambasted for saying that. It's bad enough he gets crucified for Spain 4-5 times per year, (which always seems to affect his form/mental state for a while), can't imagine what those spoiled ***** would do to him mentally on a weekly basis. Completely under the microscope. He's loved & adored here, and knows he has nothing to prove to anyone other than continue to be his spectacular self.

Hypothetical though.

Have a weird feeling De Gea may have flopped at RM. I'll probably get lambasted for saying that. It's bad enough he gets crucified for Spain 4-5 times per year, (which always seems to affect his form/mental state for a while), can't imagine what those spoiled ***** would do to him mentally on a weekly basis. Completely under the microscope. He's loved & adored here, and knows he has nothing to prove to anyone other than continue to be his spectacular self.

Hypothetical though.

Yeah, might be. Although De Gea's biggest enemy when he plays for Spanisht NT, is the fact that Casillas is an impossible act to follow. Some shoes you just can't fill, even if you are the best in the world at what you do.

Mad enough by itself to me that today two of the best goalkeepers in the World are from a Country that just doesn’t do goalies. Brazil.

Even madder that three of the Worlds very best are all playing within a 35 mile or so radius in the North West of England.

I don't really think Ederson's one of the best "pure keepers" if you strip him back, maybe that's just me. Just from a traditional angle. He's lightening off his line, a brave *** mother-****** (he freaked me out in that Mané incident, ******' psycho) and he's like ****** Xabi Alonso in goals when the ball is at his feet, but his general shot stopping & general traditional 'keeper stuff leaves a little to be desired for me, having said that he just brings SO much to the City team and how they want to play. Personally think Allison's the better pure keeper though.

Is it possible to be one of, if not the most important keeper in the world without being the best, or even top 5? Because I think that's possibly him.

I wouldn’t disagree in the main. I guess that’s primarily born out non more so by him being the back-up to Alisson for the National side.

He aint as bad at the regular keeper stuff, he made a few in the big games problem is they are that few and far between you kinda forget. The only thing i would say he doesnt do is claim corners but thats mostly down to the zonal system we use i think.

Keeper played two no look passes though. Hes calm as ****.

Merry Christmas to everyone, dont over eat and drink. Hope you all have peacfull and snowy holidays :)

]

We are delighted to announce that Declan Rice has signed a new long-term contract until summer 2024, with a further one year option for the Club to extend.https://www.whufc.com/news/artic

This lad seems a very good prospect. Watched the Southampton game and he was so calm and composed in different situations. Looked him up and he is only 19...

Bit of a heavy claim that mate, give him at least a full season (I'd argue 2, but one bare minimum) at a club with *his* team before drawing any definitive conclusions like that. Few months at Hull, few months at Watford, few months at Everton - he needs time & patience, a few months is the equivalent of 5 minutes when you're trying to instill your identity into a football club, never mind trying to integrate new signings and lack 1 or 2 profiles required, which I think he'll suss out this season. Thought the Watford sacking was one of the most ridiculous I've seen in recent times, I'd say only Ranieri tops it the last 5 years, and even at that, I'd say the Ranieri one was more expected.

He's clearly a very, charismatic talented coach, who tries to play football the right way. The Paul Merson's & co. will have a field day over with these inconsistent results though...."foreign *****".

Nah. Not for me. Every club he’s ever been at. Rides that initial new manager bounce. Then tails off to _____.

Really don’t get the fascination with him?

But I’m fully behind him getting 2 seasons at least at the Ev. I love that idea!

*Edit* Those of Merson’s ilk aren’t worth your time of day mate. Xenophobic, Nationalistic, bigoted *****. It’s thanks to the likes of his attitude 2019 will be one of the worst this Country’s ever faced. But thats for another forum.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back