The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Brighton sack Chris Hughton.

Modern day football man. Seriously. Complete joke that.

There end of the season was some horrendous football with equally bad results can see why they moved on from him, but they have to make sure they replace him well. Also probably doesn’t help that basically all the summer signings were very disappointing.

And although this might sound ridiculous, he spend the best part of £140 million the past 2 summers...

Recruitment should've been so much better.

He’s kept them in the PL two straight years. After taking them up for the first time in 30 years and only the second time in Brighton & Hove Albion’s entire history.

In all reality it isn’t EVER getting much better than this for Brighton. Too many clubs, and particularly supporters, today have totally unrealistic expectations above their station. This is what Brighton are as a football club and they’re FAR outperforming what they should be.

Ridiculously great job Hughton’s done there.

He’s kept them in the PL two straight years. After taking them up for the first time in 30 years and only the second time in Brighton & Hove Albion’s entire history.

In all reality it isn’t EVER getting much better than this for Brighton. Too many clubs, and particularly supporters, today have totally unrealistic expectations above their station. This is what Brighton are as a football club and they’re FAR outperforming what they should be.

Ridiculously great job Hughton’s done there.

I agree he's done a great job (although beside Wagner's at Huddersfield, it comes up short), but 140M in 2 seasons and 17th? 6th biggest netspenders in that time. Can't blame the owners too much for not thinking the (financial) ambition wasn't being matched. 140M as an owner and I'm looking for comfortable, mid table security with some signs of progression.

However, Rose claims his revelation was brought up during discussions later that summer.

"I was speaking to another club in the summer and they said, 'the club would like to meet you, just to check that you're not crazy,' because of what I'd said and what I'd been through," said Rose.
"I was embarrassed, as whatever I've been through I like to think it doesn't affect me doing my job.
"I still know I'll always give a hundred percent."

The move never materialized but the 28-year-old says he remains "angry" and "embarrassed" to think that people "assume I might be crazy".

He added: "If that opportunity came around again I'd definitely say no now."

I wonder what club would have it been. I remember he was linked to United but any other team outside PL?

The whole threads full of B/S rumours with no substance so it seemed a relevant place to put it.

True, just never expected it from you :)

Will move this quote to PL thread or it will be buried under rumor mill.
Btw it there are some good channels what talk about world footy etc or only PL these can be shared.
Some unbiased and decent podcast are always welcomed to share. For example i like to listne Tifo Football.

https://soundcloud.com/tifo-football-podcast

D7Q36ehW0AE4a7a

Helll yeah, cant be any happier. Big doubt has been lifted and now onto preseason.

attachment.php

Back