The Premier League Thread

South Korea is seeing another resurgence after reducing social restrictions. New cases today have reached a one-month high.
Germany is also reporting a surge
Wuhan saw fresh cases of Covid-19 infection today after nearly five weeks. As well as 8 La Liga players testing positive after a return to group training.

The great Persian poet Rumi said this nearly 800 years ago (crude translation): “Greed makes man blind and foolish, and makes him an easy prey for death.”

So so wrong!!

According to the Liverpool Echo the PL have reached an agreement with genetics testing company Prenetics (also known as CircleDNA) to carry out C19 testing if Project Restsrt happens.

Results expected 24 hours after test - drawn criticism from Dr. John Ashton as NHS and other key workers have to wait between 24-72 hours for their results.

RIP the poor souls who perished in the horrific fire at Bradford 35 years ago today.

God rest those 56 men, woman and children, and the young Birmingham lad tragically killed the same day when a wall collapsed on him after rioting with Leeds.

It wasn't our loss, but as football fans, Liverpool stands with you and we'll never forget.

The London Mayor totally against games in London any time soon.

His hatred for the floppy haired ____house bungling his way through this carnage to catastrophic levels aside, it’s refreshing to FINALLY hear someone in power talk with common sense.

Who knew?

Using neutral venues seems like sensible compromise that should minimize the risks. Fans wouldn't show up so no violation of social distancing, and clubs will collect TV money at least.

It's a tricky situation for sure. Either some form of restart, with restritions of course, or clubs will start running into financial trouble. Players will land of their feet of course, but the staff will suffer. And good luck finding another job the way things are going, stable employment is gonna be worth gold.

Using neutral venues seems like sensible compromise that should minimize the risks. Fans wouldn't show up so no violation of social distancing, and clubs will collect TV money at least.

It's a tricky situation for sure. Either some form of restart, with restritions of course, or clubs will start running into financial trouble. Players will land of their feet of course, but the staff will suffer. And good luck finding another job the way things are going, stable employment is gonna be worth gold.
Most clubs don’t want neutral venues so can’t see that getting voted on. And the TV still want most of there money refunded also. Gonna be tough to sort out for sure

Its pretty simple to me.

If it's deemed not 100% safe to host games in front of fans at your own stadium at this stage, then it's not safe to host games at a neutral venue either. All it does is reduces the risk. And 'less risky' shouldn't justify this ridiculous need to get things started again. The argument on fans turning up at one ground doesn't wash as they could just as easily turn up at a neutral one.

As it happens, it all looks moot as Police forces have had an about change today and now appear sound with games at the original venues providing safety criteria is met.

Its pretty simple to me.

If it's deemed not 100% safe to host games in front of fans at your own stadium at this stage, then it's not safe to host games at a neutral venue either. All it does is reduces the risk. And 'less risky' shouldn't justify this ridiculous need to get things started again. The argument on fans turning up at one ground doesn't wash as they could just as easily turn up at a neutral one.

As it happens, it all looks moot as Police forces have had an about change today and now appear sound with games at the original venues providing safety criteria is met.
just read that. Prefer that to this neutral grounds nonsense if they can make it safe

What would your solution be as Scouse?

Personally I'd wait until it was totally safe to return. However long that takes. This season needs to finish but it shouldn't be even being talked about resuming until it's 100% safe to do so. That's the only just way to safeguard the integrity of the league IMHO. There's not going to be a European season next year so UEFA and their deadlines can go do one. But the flip side of that is the longer there's no football, the more serious chance you have of clubs going to the wall. So regardless of whether it's this season or next, they'll push every which way they can sadly to restart ASAP. Regardless of the potential ultimate cost.

The season will be concluded regardless. Whether it's on the pitch or not. Cancelling/ voiding the season has now been completely taken off the table. Which is completely right IMHO over two-thirds of a way in. Anyone madly wanting this season null and voided patently has there own personal agenda. But as it's looking less and less likely it'll start again any time soon on the pitch, I foresee this ultimately being decided on average points per game.

Either way we'll end up with a final league table to determine the title/ European spots/ relegation places.

I'm totally against starting backup right now but my biggest fear personally as regards my daily life on that is we'll get an influx of ____heads into the City wanting to celebrate the title which could well spike things in an area already highly hit even further. It's a horrible situation we're in but I'd plead to anyone to stay WELL away until such time as we come out the other side of this.