The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Really cannot wait for the season to start now... although worried by LFC's lack of signings going into the opening game, WBA away is a tough start, and we dont have a particularly strong squad right now..

Still quite positive for the season, and hoping the title will be a cracker!

United, City and Chelsea imo will be the three teams for the title, with Arsenal not far behind!

Dont think anything will beat AGGUERROOOOOOOOOO...

As an Everton fan can't think of a better way to start the season off than with a massive tie against Utd. And it gets one of the toughest fixtures out the way early too

As an Everton fan can't think of a better way to start the season off than with a massive tie against Utd. And it gets one of the toughest fixtures out the way early too

Its one of those games i have no idea who i want to lose more ;)

lol, if we're lucky we'll be treated to another one of those high scoring draws. that would be a great opening match if it did-open the season with a bang. Thing is, if we can beat City we can beat Utd. But this is the premier league after all lol

lol, if we're lucky we'll be treated to another one of those high scoring draws. that would be a great opening match if it did-open the season with a bang. Thing is, if we can beat City we can beat Utd. But this is the premier league after all lol

yep! been a fair few good games between the two sides in the past!

For Liverpool I think draw is best result so neither wins. For every other fan out there (Excluding United fans ofc) Everton is clear choice.

For Liverpool I think draw is best result so neither wins. For every other fan out there (Excluding United fans ofc) Everton is clear choice.

Tbh i'd even say id prefer an Everton win...

Man Utd and Liverpool are similar, whenever they are playing everyone apart from their own fans, want them to lose haha

Maybe overpriced? Community Shield is usually a sell out, and it certainly should be with the two sides on show.

Ah football my friend, good to see you back. Season 45 minutes old and already there's **** on XD

lol :)

(I'm laughing before he rips teams apart later in the year.. getting it in early ;)

Bolton manager Owen Coyle feels Fabrice Muamba has the drive to become successful in whatever career path he chooses following the premature end of his playing days. The 24-year-old former England Under-21 international, who suffered a cardiac arrest during Bolton's FA Cup match at Tottenham in March, called time on his football career on Wednesday following advice from cardiologist Dr Pedro Brugada.

Coyle accepts Muamba, who made a remarkable recovery to health after his heart stopped beating for 78 minutes, faces weeks and months of soul-searching in plotting his next move. But he is confident the future should hold no fears for the popular multi-linguist with accountancy qualifications.

"I think Fabrice, with his family, has to absorb everything that's happened," said Coyle. "That'll take a bit of time. And then, having done that, decide what his career path will be. Whatever that will be I've no doubt he'll be very successful because I know how driven he is having come through what he has already to this day. That's going to stand him in good stead." Should his path include a return to football in some capacity, Coyle insists Bolton will be there to support Muamba. The Scot added: "He's a very intelligent and clever lad, fluent in three or four different languages. I've said to him, if he needs any help here at the football club to come in, and if he wants to see about the coaching side of things we're only too willing and happy to help. He knows we'll always be here at Bolton Wanderers to help him in any way we can."

This weekend, Coyle's attentions will turn towards the Championship, as Bolton hope to achieve an instant return to the top flight following a relegation in May that still grates with their manager.

(SkySports.com)

Hadn't realised he retired. Absolute shame for the lad, really is. But the more important this is he's alive, and his health and family are far more significant than football. Good luck to the lad

I have a sun dream team mini league if anyone is interested.
Pin - 165767
Password - cffc

Back