The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
El-Ahmadi ripping it up in his first league game for Villa. We're looking good - look, we're passing it and everything! - but I ain't counting my chickens.

Confusion everywhere in the Wham-Villa game. Cross comes in, ball comes off a Wham offside player, goes across, tapped in, flag goes up, then down, ref goes over and consults his lino, goal given. Crazy scenes. 1-0 to the home team, though.

Jesus, Michael Laudrup's Swansea are destroying QPR 5-0.

Getting embarrassing for QPR. And here I thought that they would be one to watch under Hughes who had the backing of a shrewd owner in Tony Fernandez.

Long season to go though so cant come to any conclusions yet

Jesus, Michael Laudrup's Swansea are destroying QPR 5-0.

Good to see the swans have made a smooth transition between managers. Bummer for Rodgers though lol. But thats football. Still got another 37 matches to prove himself.....or will he have 37? He'll come good

Good to see the swans have made a smooth transition between managers. Bummer for Rodgers though lol. But thats football. Still got another 37 matches to prove himself.....or will he have 37? He'll come good

It was a good decision to get Laudrup who preaches the same type of possession based football like Rodgers. Swansea should do well this season if they keep playing like this

It was a good decision to get Laudrup who preaches the same type of possession based football like Rodgers. Swansea should do well this season if they keep playing like this

I'll say lol. 5-0 in first match is a **** of an achievement. Look forward to seeing MoTD later

I think Rodgers will come good, still think he needs some players coming in to the club before the transfer window closes. I think a ball-playing CB and a true poacher.

Fulham 5 - 0 Norwich, ****** **** some big thrashings today in the PL.

Some really big scorelines so far. Cant wait for MoTD later! Newcastle vs Spurs has a lot to live up to!

Tottenham look good against a strong Newcastle side so far, I predict a 1-1 draw.

This is a real stinker having to wait until monday for our match while everyone else is playing lol. good thing is we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

I'm almost embarrassed by being a QPR fan right now. They were rubbish out there today!

Man City are very frustrating to watch, everything goes through the middle without fail- even when there's 6+ defending in and around the box at all times.

Man City are very frustrating to watch, everything goes through the middle without fail- even when there's 6+ defending in and around the box at all times.

Its the type of players they have, exactly how Barcelona and Spain play, rely on individual quality to breakthrough

Its the type of players they have, exactly how Barcelona and Spain play, rely on individual quality to breakthrough

I... what? How do Barcelona rely on individual quality? Their entire ethos and playing style is based around collectivism and teamwork.

I... what? How do Barcelona rely on individual quality? Their entire ethos and playing style is based around collectivism and teamwork.

Tactics | Barcelona Football Blog

Read it. I'm too hungover to add anything else.

i know what i meant, just didnt come out right at all..

i meant they rely on the quick one two's around the box, constant movement trying to create space, and any width they have comes from the full backs..

by individual quality i meant that quick pass which opens up the defence, like Nasri just did

Back