The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Nigel Adkins has been dismissed as manager of Southampton and has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino

Nigel Adkins has been dismissed as manager of Southampton and has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino | Southampton Football News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

That is a super harsh sacking in my opinion, Adkins has them 3 points off relegation. Not to forget the back to back promotions they achieved I think really harsh.

I'm not a saints fan so they may be more in the know than I. But this seems to me an absolutely shocker of a decision and replaced with a manager with no premier league experience. They might get dragged further into the relegation dogfight now

Think its incredibly harsh,

just read last job Pochettino had, he got sacked by Espanyol bottom of the table... Cant see this one working out

Think its incredibly harsh,

just read last job Pochettino had, he got sacked by Espanyol bottom of the table... Cant see this one working out

With Adkins I thought that they would have enough to stay up. Now I think they could definetly go down if pochettino doesn't put points on the board quickly. I'm not 100 percent o there recent form but I'm sure they have just won at villa and they drew with Chelsea other night. There has to be something else going on because it isn't going on form unless Southampton board think they should be mid table having spent a bit on players

Takes over when 22nd in League one, guides them to the Premier League with consecutive promotions, sacked after 6 months in the prem and replaced him with someone who has virtually no PL experience. How inciteful of the board to that *sarcastic applause*

What a bunch of ungrateful dicks. There's more than enough time to turn things around-they're only 4 points off Norwich and West Ham. Unbelievable harsh on the guy.

Nigel Adkins has been dismissed as manager of Southampton and has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino

Nigel Adkins has been dismissed as manager of Southampton and has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino | Southampton Football News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

That is a super harsh sacking in my opinion, Adkins has them 3 points off relegation. Not to forget the back to back promotions they achieved I think really harsh.

WTF!!!!
Benn on the **** today..so this is first ive heard about this...SHOCKED

Like Epic terrorist..not a saints fan, but been really impressed with the style they play, an blooody ****..this is right up there like Newcastle sacking Hughton!
I hope they dont go down for this, but in a way i hope they do...the saints fans dont deserve this..Adkins got them where they are!
Disgraceful
P.S..tells a good poem too

Last edited:
I actually think WHU signing Chamakh is good for him and WH. They will actually use him to his main threat i.e crossing the ball into the box. I think its a match made in heaven.

U kiddin right? LOL..I thought you were

Harry Redknapp really is a crafty dispicable man. Look Mr rich chairman man look how short we are, i had to put two keepers on the bench Sir Mr chairman man.

Harry Redknapp really is a crafty dispicable man. Look Mr rich chairman man look how short we are, i had to put two keepers on the bench Sir Mr chairman man.

Come off it man... he is doing the job he was assigned to do. If QPR go down it will take a massive hole out of the club considering the wage "structure" they currently have..... yeh.

Andros Townsend looks a player, hope QPR proves a great stepping stone for him and he gets more opportunities at Spurs next season.

Watching Benteke is like witnessing the rebirth of Adriano before he got fat/drunk/depressed.

Pace, power, skill and a brain is a rare combination. He's bullying people at the moment, but at the same time there's so much finesse about his game.

Won't be at Villa for long...

Watching Benteke is like witnessing the rebirth of Adriano before he got fat/drunk/depressed.

Pace, power, skill and a brain is a rare combination. He's bullying people at the moment, but at the same time there's so much finesse about his game.

Won't be at Villa for long...

Regardless of whether we go down or not, he WILL be staying in the Prem next year. An absolute powerhouse of a player.

His finishing's still a little iffy at times (or perhaps in FM terms composure) but he's a great team worker as well as an excellent all-round forward.

That mistake by Joe Hart... if De Gea done that he would be ****** slaughtered by the media. This is why I hate scumbags trying to drive out a great goalkeeper from our country. I'd much rather have the best goalkeeper in the world (someday possibly) in our league rather than going back to Spain due to the sh*t he unfairly gets.

That mistake by Joe Hart... if De Gea done that he would be ****** slaughtered by the media. This is why I hate scumbags trying to drive out a great goalkeeper from our country. I'd much rather have the best goalkeeper in the world (someday possibly) in our league rather than going back to Spain due to the sh*t he unfairly gets.

Sadly De Gea just gets treated the same way all foreign goalkeepers do when they first come to the Premiership. If on their debut they make the mistake of punching something clear instead of catching it then they'll forever be labelled as another foreign keeper who can't cope with the physicality of the Premiership.

Sadly De Gea just gets treated the same way all foreign goalkeepers do when they first come to the Premiership. If on their debut they make the mistake of punching something clear instead of catching it then they'll forever be labelled as another foreign keeper who can't cope with the physicality of the Premiership.

What other 'foreign keepers' get this treatment? I can't think of any.

Its why I despise the likes of Alan Hansen and Shearer. Hart's actually makes more mistakes than De Gea, you wouldn't think it listening to their *****.

Its amazing hearing them compare him to Schmeichel, saying he wouldn't have done that, when in fact he had a very dodgy first 2.5 seasons.

To be fair, none of this is about De Gea. He looks good.

It is that new transfers are easy targets, they don't have people sticking up for them within football's structure, no coaches which know them well etc. It says more about the 'typical' critics on MOTD (none of which were goalkeepers, by the way) than it does a players quality. The sooner they stfu the better.

Hart gets special treatment because he's English, kinda obvious really.... Pretty sure it's the same in any country!

On the note of Benteke/Villa mentioned earlier... Benteke is simply brilliant.... And Vile are going down I hope, see you in the Championship :)

For the love of Gandalf, c'mon QPR, hang onto this **** ya bunch o' jerks!

Back