The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Juan Mata >* What is the Criteria? because if its sheer decisiveness then its RVP, no player has won more points than him.

If it's sheer consistent excellency then its Juan Mata.

I feel RVP should have won the PFA Award! He was instrumental in winning the title for United!

Bale has been great as well, however, Spurs have won nothing and they might not even qualify for the ECL..

You need to look what the player has done for the team as well!

But congrats to Bale, he has been phenomenal this year :)

RVP and Mata for me. Suarez third. Mata has been the most consistent of three, we are a championship side when he's not on the pitch. RVP was the main reason UTD got the title, as you said.

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Suárez[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Bale[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]RvP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Winner[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Goals[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]23[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]19[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]25[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Assists[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]8[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Pass Accuracy[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]76.60%[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]77.40%[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]79.70%[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Tackles Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.3[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.7[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Key Passes Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]2.7[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]2.3[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.8[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Completed Dribbles Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]2.9[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.9[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Passes Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]36.5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]33.6[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]26.6[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Accurate Long Balls Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]2.2[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.1[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Accurate Through Balls Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.1[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Aerials Duels Won Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.9[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.4[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Interceptions[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.3[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]0.3[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Fouls Per Game[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]1.5[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]Bookings[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]10[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]6[/TD]

--------------------------------------------------------RVP---Bale---Suarez
Goals Against the top 8 teams in the league--------------9------6------6
number of teams scored against ------------------------15-----14-----12
number of games scored in -----------------------------20-----15-----16
Goals against the bottom 6 -----------------------------8------7------11
number of games where they scored the winning goal-----7 ------5------1
points contribution -------------------------------------27-----18-----11

It was very close between RVP, Mata and Suarez. Anyone would have deserved the award. IMO it's a completely deserved award for Bale. He has score 19 goals just 4 less than Suarez and he has played 4 less games. Not to forget he played almost half the games as winger.

If not for Bale then it was RVP as he has won so many important points and is leading goal scorer.

I think that the age bracket for the young player of the year award seriously needs looking at, and reducing to a maximum of 21. By the age of 23, many premiership players are already well established stars of their sides, sometimes with as many as 250 games under their belt. It is an award that was first introduced when national teams had an under 23 cohort, something which has changed as football has developed. So why has the award criteria failed to evolve as it's sport has?

As it stands at this moment, I would have rather seen Bale win the Young Player Of The Year and one of Mata or Carrick win the Player Of The Year, although I'm sure personal awards mean little in comparison to the collective rewards for most of these men and their teammates.

As a United fan, it was great to see De Gea in the team of the year, but I thought Rafael can feel a little hard done by despite an excellent season for his City counterpart, Zabaleta.

fully agree fbp!

I was thinking that yesterday as well! 21 (even if players 22nd birthday is the day after the awards)

The young POTY award really needs to be looked at. Find it absurd that a established premiere league star can win that as well when the whole purpose of the award should have been to credit the emergence of young talent on the Premiere League scene who have performed beyond expectations over the course of the season such as the likes of Lukaku and Sterling

Young player of the year award is a joke tbh. 23 years is too old and Aguero was world class player when he was nominated for young player of the year award, same with Bale who is superb player. Milner won when he was 24, I think same with Scott Parker and Ashley Young.

They should change it to U21 or for the player who had his break through season. I would go for U 21.

Was obvious he was going to win it but he really shouldn't have. Like everyone else has said, Mata, RVP and Suarez all ahead of him. He's British and the media can't stop jizzing over him constantly, he was always going to win.

This is bullshit. How did they manage not to give both those rewards to Obertan?

Nobody is ever going to vote for Carrick. Ever.

Arsene Wenger recently saying he should have won the award was the only praise I've seen for that kind of player and linking it to the yearly award.

Was obvious he was going to win it but he really shouldn't have. Like everyone else has said, Mata, RVP and Suarez all ahead of him. He's British and the media can't stop jizzing over him constantly, he was always going to win.

Bale has done as much as anyone. Him being British has nothing to do as it was voted by players and PL do have around 30-40% foreign players.

Nobody is ever going to vote for Carrick. Ever.

Arsene Wenger recently saying he should have won the award was the only praise I've seen for that kind of player and linking it to the yearly award.

Seriously, even the defenders have better shot at POTY award. As far as casual fans are concerned, Carrick may as well be invisble.

Bale has done as much as anyone. Him being British has nothing to do as it was voted by players and PL do have around 30-40% foreign players.

But it really does, he's in the media way more than anyone else (expect maybe Suarez but for the wrong reasons) and those 30-40% of players are still playing with 60-70% British players all of which talk to each other about the vote.

I'm not denying he's had a great few months but that's it, he's had a very solid few months just like last season.
RVP, Mata, Suarez have all carried it through the season, granted RVP had a slight spell of not scoring but the rest of his season more than makes up for it. Bale winning both is just retarded IMO.

But it really does, he's in the media way more than anyone else (expect maybe Suarez but for the wrong reasons) and those 30-40% of players are still playing with 60-70% British players all of which talk to each other about the vote.

I'm not denying he's had a great few months but that's it, he's had a very solid few months just like last season.
RVP, Mata, Suarez have all carried it through the season, granted RVP had a slight spell of not scoring but the rest of his season more than makes up for it. Bale winning both is just retarded IMO.

Suarez and Bale have sccored in almost equal number of games this is despite Bale playing as winger for first few months. Suarez carried the team to where? Grand 7th place? Suarez has carried the team to champions league contention.

If not for Bale, RVP should have won it. Actually going by all the goals and the importance of those RVP should have won it. According to media RVP went on a big barren spell but it was not.

He went about 5 games without scoring in which he played 3 full games, 40 mins against Reading and 66 mins against Norwich. That's 370 mins without scoring and it happened only once.

On the other hand Suarez went 4 games without scoring and it happened twice. So 360 mins without scoring and twice.

RVP or Bale should have won it, Bale won it as he was in amazing form during the voting period. RVP had better season than anyone overall tbh.

If not for Bale, RVP should have won it. Actually going by all the goals and the importance of those RVP should have won it. According to media RVP went on a big barren spell but it was not.

He went about 5 games without scoring in which he played 3 full games, 40 mins against Reading and 66 mins against Norwich. That's 370 mins without scoring and it happened only once.

On the other hand Suarez went 4 games without scoring and it happened twice. So 360 mins without scoring and twice.

RVP or Bale should have won it, Bale won it as he was in amazing form during the voting period. RVP had better season than anyone overall tbh.

Bale has been brilliant, but for the past 3/4 months.. start of the season his name was not even in contention

Think you undervalue Suarez's chances too much. The fact RVP has a team such as Man Utd behind him is a big aid... Suarez has had a poor team for the majority of the season so has done well to achieve as much as he has

Back