The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Pepe Mel seems like a very interesting hire for West Brom. Plays some great attacking football

And the FA coming out and defending the refs every time they are criticized doesnt help. Something needs to be done about it soon

And the FA coming out and defending the refs every time they are criticized doesnt help. Something needs to be done about it soon

Mike Riley actually went and apologised to Steve Clarke when a major decision went against West Brom in the Chelsea game ... Hasn't done it since. Such a joke

Mike Riley actually went and apologised to Steve Clarke when a major decision went against West Brom in the Chelsea game ... Hasn't done it since. Such a joke

I do wish this would happen more. Even though it wouldnt change the poor decision, its still something. Its that arrogant, untouchable, im always right attitude that refs have that have that really annoys me

They shouldn't apologise at all in my opinion. It's a tough job one where they will make mistakes it happens.

They shouldn't apologise at all in my opinion. It's a tough job one where they will make mistakes it happens.

Think I agree with this.

It's a nice touch, sure, but if refs apologised for every mistake they made they'd be snowed under. And if they do apologise once, they have to do it every time otherwise somebody will end up feeling aggrieved (Alcaraz, for example!).

It's a job and they're going to make mistakes. How bad the mistake is should have no bearing on whether they should apologise or not.

I do wish this would happen more. Even though it wouldnt change the poor decision, its still something. Its that arrogant, untouchable, im always right attitude that refs have that have that really annoys me

Frankly I'd prefer them to have MORE of an untouchable aura. Make captains the only ones allowed to talk to refs, on threat of yellow card. I'd love to see the kind of respect rugby refs get in football.

Think I agree with this.

It's a nice touch, sure, but if refs apologised for every mistake they made they'd be snowed under. And if they do apologise once, they have to do it every time otherwise somebody will end up feeling aggrieved (Alcaraz, for example!).

It's a job and they're going to make mistakes. How bad the mistake is should have no bearing on whether they should apologise or not.

And what happens when they do apologise? Does the decision get over turned? No it doesn't so it won't change anything. If a ref gives a penalty against Chelsea which makes us lose a game i don't want him coming out in front of a camera going "yeah dropped the ball on that one didn't i". If Tom Henning Ovrebo was forced to do that after that Barca game i think i would have hated him more if possible.

Think I agree with this.

Yep ... Only heaven knows why Mike Riley decided to do it that time

Frankly I'd prefer them to have MORE of an untouchable aura. Make captains the only ones allowed to talk to refs, on threat of yellow card. I'd love to see the kind of respect rugby refs get in football.

Barca hater.

Saw it on another forum. Probably bullshit, as I can't find anything about it whatsoever.

Yeah tried looking aswell, but found nothing about it. Only way could see him leaving now is if club would force him out after a serious bid and likelihood of that happening is slim.

Yeah tried looking aswell, but found nothing about it. Only way could see him leaving now is if club would force him out after a serious bid and likelihood of that happening is slim.

Highly doubt At Madrid will sell their best player particularly as they have a real shot at winning the title this season ... Plus they will likely get a huge fee out of selling him in the summer anyways

Highly doubt At Madrid will sell their best player particularly as they have a real shot at winning the title this season ... Plus they will likely get a huge fee out of selling him in the summer anyways

As I said.

Back