The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
I'm very surprised at the timing of the sacking of Laudrup. Disagree 100% with the decision.

And with regards to Fulham. After their performance in the FA Cup tonight-nailed on certs to be relegated. Absolutely appalling performance tonight. Bereft of anything tonight. I'll be amazed if they stay up I really will. They need a miracle.

Worst match ever

Last edited:
Don't think this really has anything to do with Swansea's form or league position.. Laudrup was rumored to be leaving at the end of the season.. Maybe that was true, and the chairman acted now to save face? I don't know.

Swansea would have been favorites against Cardiff this weekend.. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

Just flicked it on now thought he would get to the end of the season but Swansea have been poor going off memory without looking at there form

edit not saying it was deserved

12th in the league, still in Europe, still in FA Cup.

With four points from their last five you would think maybe thats not acceptable but with the losses at United, City, Spurs & away at West Ham.. They're hardly shock results.

This is so bizzare. He was last person I thought would get fired.

Glenn Hoddle to be interviewed during week about the Swansea City vacancy. And apparently, he was approached 3 months ago. Something definately happening behind the scenes

8 wins since the League Cup win last year. That's almost a calendar year ago. Surprised it took this long with that kind of form tbh.

As a swans fan who's watched them since Martinez, I agree with the sacking as they've taken a step back under laudrup. Their passing is slower and less decisive, the players have complained on multiple occasions about his training techniques(or lack of) and he wasn't going over oppositions tactics as they used to. He also lost control of the dressing room and has not reacted when the swans started playing badly in February last year. All in all agree with the sacking, the timing though/:

While I agree that their form has been pretty ****, does Huw Jenkins really think Gary Monk will do any better?

Unlucky Norwich City, nearly beating Man City at the death. Still, I'd be delighted with a 0-0 if I was a Canaries fan

Meulenstein (spelling) gone felix magath in don't know to much about magath if I am honest so can't say if its a decent appointment or not but fulham are nearly gone imo anyway

Meulenstein (spelling) gone felix magath in don't know to much about magath if I am honest so can't say if its a decent appointment or not but fulham are nearly gone imo anyway

Pathetic by Fulham, he deserved more time, fantastic coach, hope he comes to United again.

Good manager, is Magath.

Let's just say it's best Berbatov and Taarabt left before he arrived, though.

Sounds better than what we have now. Still doesn't sound like it will be competitive enough though.

I was thinking the same, just seems like a bit of a jumped up under 21s league. Still, better than what we have considering some teams haven't had a game in near two months.

Huge difference between the two.

The only difference as far as I can see is that one manages the team you support the other doesn't. I'm sorry but you cant say fulham are pathetic when you are basically calling for moyes head every week or lambasting him or whatever, that is being a hypocrite.

Back