The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Wonder if any of the top Prem sides have been looking at the left back Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg. Having a very good season so far and was very decent last year too. Only 21 years old as well.

Wonder if any of the top Prem sides have been looking at the left back Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg. Having a very good season so far and was very decent last year too. Only 21 years old as well.

Have been wondering same thing. If I remember right according to whoscored's stats best LB in the world at the moment. Wouldn't be cheap though.

Have been wondering same thing. If I remember right according to whoscored's stats best LB in the world at the moment. Wouldn't be cheap though.

Oh yeah he is at the moment! Not bad stats at all, 3 goals 3 assists in 17 games

The signings of Jelavić and Long (not sure if latter has been completed yet) are interesting by Hull, and should be good deals on paper, although ?7 million is quite steep considering Long's contract is almost up anyway and he seems to have no intention of extending it. They've sold Aaron McLean and terminated Gedo's loan to accomodate the new signings.

The signings of Jelavić and Long (not sure if latter has been completed yet) are interesting by Hull, and should be good deals on paper, although ?7 million is quite steep considering Long's contract is almost up anyway and he seems to have no intention of extending it. They've sold Aaron McLean and terminated Gedo's loan to accomodate the new signings.

Think they paid ?6m for Long with ?1m if they stay up. He had 18 months left on his deal. They might be paying a bit over the odds for him, but it's January.. So players like Jelavic and Long who have a value of ?5m can be sold for ?7m.

Great signings though.

[EDIT: Turns out Long deal hasn't been signed yet. My bad]

Think they paid ?6m for Long with ?1m if they stay up. He had 18 months left on his deal. They might be paying a bit over the odds for him, but it's January.. So players like Jelavic and Long who have a value of ?5m can be sold for ?7m.

Great signings though.

[EDIT: Turns out Long deal hasn't been signed yet. My bad]
Yeah, they are great signings, but I thought they were a bit steep - it seems that I was misinformed, though, I thought Long only had six months left on his contract!

Cabaye gone to PSG.
No surprises there. I think this means that we not only lost our 0.01% chance of qualifying for the UCL, as well as the europa league. Knowing Ashley, the $$ probably won't be reinvested either. :S

Joe Kinnear has resigned from his post at Newcastle United

Pardew must be thinking what the **** is going on though right now. It's suddenly gone messy

Joe Kinnear has resigned from his post at Newcastle United

Assuming this has something to do with the fact he failed to actually buy a player despite. He's single-handedly set Newcastle back this season.

Assuming this has something to do with the fact he failed to actually buy a player despite. He's single-handedly set Newcastle back this season.

Wouldn't be surprised. for it to happen so soon after Cabaye leaving is too much of a coincidence.

Back