The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Good manager, is Magath.

Let's just say it's best Berbatov and Taarabt left before he arrived, though.

I recognise the name but why I'm not sure I wanna say he managed in Germany but I am not sure why I'll google him later and see why I recall the name

The only difference as far as I can see is that one manages the team you support the other doesn't. I'm sorry but you cant say fulham are pathetic when you are basically calling for moyes head every week or lambasting him or whatever, that is being a hypocrite.

Yeh I gave him a fair amount of time before the criticism came...

Look.... I was never a fan of the Moyes appointment from the start... I stood with it for 6 months and I can't take it any longer.

Rene has been in charge for what... a month? Plus it's two totally different scenarios.... Fulham are bottom.

Yeh I gave him a fair amount of time before the criticism came...

Look.... I was never a fan of the Moyes appointment from the start... I stood with it for 6 months and I can't take it any longer.

Rene has been in charge for what... a month? Plus it's two totally different scenarios.... Fulham are bottom.

Look I don't have mikes patience so lets just agree to disagree on this

Shame main man at ManUtd even when we had Fergie couldn't last longer at Fulham. He should have just shut up and concentrated on his job than mouthing off Moyes (not directly) in every interviews.

A bit harsh after recent results for sure.
What!? I disagree with his sacking, but the only way that could be justified would be by recent form - five losses and a draw in their last six league games (the worst in the league) and a home loss against Sheffield United in the FA Cup.

What!? I disagree with his sacking, but the only way that could be justified would be by recent form - five losses and a draw in their last six league games (the worst in the league) and a home loss against Sheffield United in the FA Cup.

Was referring to the United and Liverpool game. Was close to getting all three points against United and led against Liverpool twice. I agree that the recent form was bad but a sacking, after those two especially, is harsh for me.

Vince McMahon rumoured to be interested in taking over Newcastle United. Interesting...

Vince McMahon rumoured to be interested in taking over Newcastle United. Interesting...

Just seen a tweet from someone saying something like "I'm going to now rename some of the players. E.G Papa Shango Cisse"Haha

OMG Pards hahahahahaha.

gwu.gif

[video=youtube;Pb71aW3KG1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb71aW3KG1o[/video]

Alan Pardew has been fined ?100,000 by Newcastle United and recieved a formal warning.

Ouch. Deserved though. You can't do such an idiotic, stupid thing like that.

To be fair, Meyler made more of a connection with his totally disrespectful shove on him shortly before that. Doesn't change the fact that Pardew was stupid to do it, but personally I think Meyler is just as culpable and instigated the whole thing.

To be fair, Meyler made more of a connection with his totally disrespectful shove on him shortly before that. Doesn't change the fact that Pardew was stupid to do it, but personally I think Meyler is just as culpable and instigated the whole thing.
Exactly, I don't get why Steve Bruce was praising Meyler when he was just as much at fault for the incident. I know they were saying how he didn't go down after the headbutt and make a meal of it, but it was his shove that provoked Pardew.

Exactly, I don't get why Steve Bruce was praising Meyler when he was just as much at fault for the incident. I know they were saying how he didn't go down after the headbutt and make a meal of it, but it was his shove that provoked Pardew.

I really don't get how it's just as much meylers fault at all yeah there was a little shove that doesn't justify a (poor attempt) at a head **** at all, under no circumstance should he have reacted like that. The manager is supposed to lead by example not take things into his own hands he should've stepped back and let the ref deal with it

I really don't get how it's just as much meylers fault at all yeah there was a little shove that doesn't justify a (poor attempt) at a head **** at all, under no circumstance should he have reacted like that. The manager is supposed to lead by example not take things into his own hands he should've stepped back and let the ref deal with it

Oh no doubt, Pardew was a complete idiot and overreacted. But the shove was not "little" by any stretch, Pardew nearly fell on his ****. How often do you see players shove managers out of the way? About as often as you see managers "headbutting" players. So why is Pardew the only one getting flak when that little douchebag is skating free? And I put headbutting in quotemarks there because honestly there was so little contact that I actually think Pardew was trying to do the whole square up foreheads thing that Boxers love to do.

Not that Pardew isn't in the wrong at all, I fully agree with the fine and stuff, I just really, really hate it when disrespectful little idiots like Meyer play the victim when they quite frankly deserve the reaction they caused. What annoyed me even more was the commentators and Alan Hanson brushing it off too. The commentators didn't even mention it and Hanson, like yourself, brushed it off as nothing. If someone pushed me like that I'd be ****** too even if I'm winning 10-0, it's just completely disrespectful.

Even the pope may instinctively react with aggression in a situation like this. Stupid thing for Pardew to do, but at the same time, totally understandable.

But of course the witch hunt has already begun. I'm sure the 'please think of the children' crowd is going to have a field day and act as if Pardew went there and beat defenseless Meyler with a shovel.

Meh.

Oh no doubt, Pardew was a complete idiot and overreacted. But the shove was not "little" by any stretch, Pardew nearly fell on his ****. How often do you see players shove managers out of the way? About as often as you see managers "headbutting" players. So why is Pardew the only one getting flak when that little douchebag is skating free? And I put headbutting in quotemarks there because honestly there was so little contact that I actually think Pardew was trying to do the whole square up foreheads thing that Boxers love to do.

Not that Pardew isn't in the wrong at all, I fully agree with the fine and stuff, I just really, really hate it when disrespectful little idiots like Meyer play the victim when they quite frankly deserve the reaction they caused. What annoyed me even more was the commentators and Alan Hanson brushing it off too. The commentators didn't even mention it and Hanson, like yourself, brushed it off as nothing. If someone pushed me like that I'd be ****** too even if I'm winning 10-0, it's just completely disrespectful.

How did meyler play victim if he had started rolling on the floor like he had been shot then I could unspderstand but he stood there and took it. And it which point did pardew nearly go on his ****? He had to adjust his footing it really was something of nothing, and they maybe didn't focus as much on the little shove was because pardew so reaction was by far the greater incident

Back