The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Atl Madrid and Southhamptom agree fee for Toby Alderweireld

Excellent signing for Saints, thought Atletico Madrid should of gave him more of a chance, never seem to of got a decent run, really liked him before in Dutch league.

Excellent signing for Saints, thought Atletico Madrid should of gave him more of a chance, never seem to of got a decent run, really liked him before in Dutch league.
Yes was mainly sub. Will replace Lovren for sure. Remember when we were linked with him.

Wow. Alderweireld is actually a better player than Lovren, all other things being equal (and in my opinion, of course), so that's a great deal for Saints.

Yeh, I think he's really good, wouldn't of minded him actually, good squad option.

He's probably a better defender than all of United's CBs apart from Evans!

Wow. Alderweireld is actually a better player than Lovren, all other things being equal (and in my opinion, of course), so that's a great deal for Saints.

Shh, wanted to console myself with our current defensive options and not admit we should of been in for him. :P

Bit harsh on Jones though, I think he could be real good this season as he's got the chance to play in his position and I think he's been good this season, better than Evans.

Bar Jones ;)

Cant see it with FFP either.

We've 24mil left against FFP, so depends entirely on the negrado price and richards/sinclair etc, or they could be just go on loan to us and valencia with options to buy in the next windows..

Last edited:
Shh, wanted to console myself with our current defensive options and not admit we should of been in for him. :P

Bit harsh on Jones though, I think he could be real good this season as he's got the chance to play in his position and I think he's been good this season, better than Evans.

So far, yeah, although one gets the feeling he's standing out because he's the only fireman in a towering inferno.

Bar Jones ;)

I can't see the names of any of your players through the tears of laughter anyway ;)

WTF seems like Holtby off back to Germany, been Spurs best player so far.

Not sure if serious...

So far, yeah, although one gets the feeling he's standing out because he's the only fireman in a towering inferno.

I can't see the names of any of your players through the tears of laughter anyway ;)

In all seriousness though, has there been a definite available option of an experienced commanding CB we desperately need being available this summer? I suppose you could say Benatia but he isn't really commanding.

I still think Ron Vlaar wouldn't be a bad shout, I know I have low standards but he was really good for Holland in the middle of that defence and I think we lack a figure like him.

What's your take? If you can type through them tears of laughter.

In all seriousness though, has there been a definite available option of an experienced commanding CB we desperately need being available this summer? I suppose you could say Benatia but he isn't really commanding.

I still think Ron Vlaar wouldn't be a bad shout, I know I have low standards but he was really good for Holland in the middle of that defence and I think we lack a figure like him.

What's your take? If you can type through them tears of laughter.

Benatia's commanding as ****. Not a clue why United didn't go for him.

Ron Vlaar, **** me. Talk to Mike if you want to know how ******* long I've been saying Ron Vlaar's amazing, and then one world cup and everyone goes "oh yeah he's actually decent this bloke". Ron Vlaar's a properly excellent CB, who can also play well in a three. Which means you probably won't get him, because it'd be too sensible.

Benatia's commanding as ****. Not a clue why United didn't go for him.

Ron Vlaar, **** me. Talk to Mike if you want to know how ******* long I've been saying Ron Vlaar's amazing, and then one world cup and everyone goes "oh yeah he's actually decent this bloke". Ron Vlaar's a properly excellent CB, who can also play well in a three. Which means you probably won't get him, because it'd be too sensible.
Benatia rejected us due to no CL.

Back