The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Benatia's commanding as ****. Not a clue why United didn't go for him.

Ron Vlaar, **** me. Talk to Mike if you want to know how ******* long I've been saying Ron Vlaar's amazing, and then one world cup and everyone goes "oh yeah he's actually decent this bloke". Ron Vlaar's a properly excellent CB, who can also play well in a three. Which means you probably won't get him, because it'd be too sensible.

Really? I actually always thought he wasn't, when I saw him on the rare occasions (like a presence such as Vidic), but I know he's an exceptional CB but once Bayern come in, we have no hope.

Yeh... it's an interesting one... because we're crying out for someone like him.... LVG obviously rates him.... but no apparent moves for him.... I find it strange.

I can't see LVG happy with this defence at all and he knows you need to have a solid foundation.

Negredo moving to Valencia apparently. **** me if City end up getting Falcao

Really? I actually always thought he wasn't, when I saw him on the rare occasions (like a presence such as Vidic), but I know he's an exceptional CB but once Bayern come in, we have no hope.

Yeh... it's an interesting one... because we're crying out for someone like him.... LVG obviously rates him.... but no apparent moves for him.... I find it strange.

I can't see LVG happy with this defence at all and he knows you need to have a solid foundation.

Barring something exceptional tomorrow, I'd say you're stuck with this defence. I think Rojo - Jones - Evans would actually work pretty well though.

Reports saying Lennon close to QPR loan move.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Barring something exceptional tomorrow, I'd say you're stuck with this defence. I think Rojo - Jones - Evans would actually work pretty well though.

Concrete Ron... deadline day... it's on!

You're probably right, if Rojo ever gets his permit. If not it shall be Tyler Blackett for a season. :D

Would cost around £55m plus 200k p/w in wages. Top player but here I was thinking his move to Madrid was done
Madrid and Carlo anted Hernandez as back up as Benzema is starter. And Hernandez is cheap. Will see where he ends up.

You're probably right, if Rojo ever gets his permit. If not it shall be Tyler Blackett for a season. :D

I'd be amazed if Villa sold Vlaar after this start to the season and with nobody to replace him.

I think LvG didn't go for Vlaar because he has issues with his knees and he said during the world cup that he actually needs a surgery for it but didn't have time for it yet. So, I'm not sure how old Vlaar is but I guess around 29 y/o, if you take 1 year of surgery there won't be alot left.

I think LvG didn't go for Vlaar because he has issues with his knees and he said during the world cup that he actually needs a surgery for it but didn't have time for it yet. So, I'm not sure how old Vlaar is but I guess around 29 y/o, if you take 1 year of surgery there won't be alot left.

Really? Thanks for clearing that up, if true that would explain it.

I wonder if their is enough time for City/Arsenal to do a deal for Falcao

Our whole club got sold on deadline and we bought Robinho in the 10 hours that followed, ANYTHING can happen :)

Back