The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Sick of Gerrard!

Pardews first move is set to be Yaya Sanogo on loan?

Liecester to sign 42 year old Mark Schwarzer?

Defoe offered to Liverpool? Really?

Anything else? Anyone?

I'd love Sanogo. He's a reasonably well off man's Calvin Andrew. In other words, he'd be hilarious.

I don't see Schwarzer going, he's very happy at Chelsea. Likewise, I don't see Defoe happening. If anyone nabs him, it'll be 'Arry.

Overmars,Ronalo,Barnes,Nani,Robben,Robhino,Ginola. Giggs even said Kanchelskis was one of the best natural wingers and Fergie.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. Giggs was amazing winger in his peak, tore teams apart. He didn't have the stats like other wingers as he was played as pure winger than wide forward role that modern players play. Giggs tore apart teams with his dribbling ability and his pace (which was just briliant) and also he was like a second full back covering his LB.

He could have picked any team in the world and could have started for them in his peak. His dribbling ability and pace from the left, precise passing and crossing from Beckham from right made us hard team to stop.

I'd love Sanogo. He's a reasonably well off man's Calvin Andrew. In other words, he'd be hilarious.

OMG! I forgot Calvin Andrew ever existed!

To be fair he was MIGHTY for my all conquering conference south side Bromley in about 2012 LOL

OMG! I forgot Calvin Andrew ever existed!

To be fair he was MIGHTY for my all conquering conference south side Bromley in about 2012 LOL

No Palace fan can ever forget Calvin Andrew. People think Heskey couldn't finish. They have no idea...

Gerrard will go down as one of the best ever players to grace the premiere league. He has won his fair share of trophies. Over 100 England Caps. At his peak, he was up their with the best of his generation. A player of his quality could have easily gone to one of the big clubs and we would all be singing a different tune now but he didn't. That takes nothing away from his ability

Eh ... To win a trophy you need a good team around you which many times Gerrard did not on account him spending the majority of his career at one club. Even players like Totti haven't won much yet they will go down as one of the best of their generation. What can great players do if the team around them isn't good enough? Just because they didn't win much doesn't mean they weren't top players
Of course. But I'm making difference between top players and all time great. For me, he didn't do enough to be all time great. I'm perfectly happy to accept that he is for most of you.

Of course. But I'm making difference between top players and all time great. For me, he didn't do enough to be all time great. I'm perfectly happy to accept that he is for most of you.

Not sure, amount of silverware won is a very ambiguous line. I am not sure what else Gerrard can do to merit a place among the all-time greats as you say

Yes. Xavi once said Scholes is the best midelfielder in the world. That doesn't make him one though ;).

So you're more qualified then Xavi to decide who's the best midfielder?

Forgive me while I proceed to the other room to die out of hysteric laughter.

So you're more qualified then Xavi to decide who's the best midfielder?

Forgive me while I proceed to the other room to die out of hysteric laughter.

Ok, where did I say I'm more qualified than anyone else on this forum let alone professional footballer? It seems to me you read things as you like. Hysteric laugh and being delusional? Next Joker role is yours mate.

Scott Sinclair - Im surpised more teams have not went for him , He was really good at swansea - teams out with the top 6 should all look at him!

Another one who moved to a big club too early imo just like Rodwell. All the best to him

Ok, where did I say I'm more qualified than anyone else on this forum let alone professional footballer?
At the same post where you rejected opinions from pro footballers and offered your own instead?

If you don't remember what you write about, it might be split personality disorder.

Back