The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
No doubt he was world class player for a long time. However, he wasn't successful enough during his career for me. He deserves praise he's getting, he deserves time in media, but for me, he's not one of the greatest. Similar thing is with Giggs. He was never best player, or even in top 5. But he was consistent with his performances. I don't see Giggs as one of the greatest wingers in modern age. Yes, he's an icon for his great adaptability and great professionalism , but there were many better wingers than Giggs ability wise.. And Giggs won three times more than Gerrard.

you know absolutely nothing about football if you think gerrard an giggs arent two of the best players to ever play in england and the fact you said guti is better then gerrard says it all

Last edited:
you know absolutely nothing about football if you think gerrard an giggs arent two of the best players to ever play in england
TBH Le Tissier,Merson,Nicols,Thompson said Giggs s not the best winger to play in the Prem but only went in there all time 11 due to what he has won not that he was the best in his position.

TBH Le Tissier,Merson,Nicols,Thompson said Giggs s not the best winger to play in the Prem but only went in there all time 11 due to what he has won not that he was the best in his position.

as you can probably already tell i hate utd wit a passion but giggs for me is definitely one of the best winges in europe since i started following football

as you can probably already tell i hate utd wit a passion but giggs for me is definitely one of the best winges in europe since i started following football
Can tell :) I would not put him up as one of the greatest in terms of ability but in terms of longevity and awards yes.

Can tell :) I would not put him up as one of the greatest in terms of ability but in terms of longevity and awards yes.

in terms of ability who would you have higher then him for me Pires and maybe Bale but cant think of any more

in terms of ability who would you have higher then him for me Pires and maybe Bale but cant think of any more
Overmars,Ronalo,Barnes,Nani,Robben,Robhino,Ginola. Giggs even said Kanchelskis was one of the best natural wingers and Fergie.

you know absolutely nothing about football if you think gerrard an giggs arent two of the best players to ever play in england and the fact you said guti is better then gerrard says it all
Little buddy, Guti was pure class. And he was able to carry his club to some honers unlike some players.

Overmars,Ronalo,Barnes,Nani,Robben,Robhino,Ginola. Giggs even said Kanchelskis was one of the best natural wingers and Fergie.
Kanchelskis was better winger. Not the better player, but as a winger he was better than Giggs.

never said he wasnt a good player but gerrard is alot better then him
Nope, never. He's level above Gerrard. There's a reason why England never won anything with Gerrard and Lampard as their main CM partnership. Same goes for Liverpool. He wasn't able to carry Liverpool like Suarez did last season or Torrest some years ago.

Rival fans will never agree on who is the best - despite them saying otherwise, everyone will be biased for and against certain players

Its hard to judge, especially Gerrard because he chose loyalty over money and trophies. Had he moved to the likes of Chelsea or Real Madrid then people would be talking about him completely differently which in my opinion is unfair

Torres left Liverpool and won more trophies than he ever would have with LFC - However, he was always a shadow of his former self and one of the biggest flops in Premier League history. Winning trophies doesn't always define a player

Its ridiculous how good he was, I honestly think people forget sometimes.

His ball control and awareness of his surroundings was straight from Hogwart's.

Zidane and Ronaldinho will always be the best for me. No player nowadays makes my jaw drop like these two did.

Yeah Ronaldo and Messi have 3x better stats...but I don't watch football to see amazing stats.

Nope, never. He's level above Gerrard. There's a reason why England never won anything with Gerrard and Lampard as their main CM partnership. Same goes for Liverpool. He wasn't able to carry Liverpool like Suarez did last season or Torrest some years ago.

your just talking out of your **** now... for a good 3 or 4 years he was the best centre midfeilder in the world

Last edited:
Back