The Pride of the North East - A Middlesbrough Story

Second season was a virtually different team with the exception of,

GK - Steele
DC - Woodgate
DL - Gibson
AMR - Adomah
AML - Carayol

sold Williams to Spartak Moscow for 5m and a few other players to fund rage Regens coming in, those are the key to long term success!

I will definitely be keeping Steele, Friend, Gibson and Butterfield as I feel that they will be decent if we go up. I'll sell the foreign players once I have an adequate replacement.

View attachment 428983

February 2014

View attachment 428982

An unbeaten month for Middlesbrough which was very pleasing after I thought our form might drop towards the end of the season. The Watford and Leeds games were very exciting and at one point I thought we might have lost each game but the team held strong for the win and the draw.

Squad Stats

View attachment 428981

Player of the Month - Kei Kamara

View attachment 428980

An impressive return of six goals in four games earns Kamara the Player of the Month award.

League Table

View attachment 428955

Last edited:
View attachment 428979

2013/14 Youth Candidates

View attachment 428978

The Youth Facilities at Middlesbrough are very good and with Dave Parnaby as our Head of Youth Development he has managed to get a decent bunch in this year. Three of the players brought in are rated four-and-a-half stars or over and they are as follows:

Adrianinho - 5*

View attachment 428977

It's a massive shame that he is Brazilian otherwise he would have been thrown straight into the first team. As he is not English, I'll look to develop him until he's 18 and then sell him on.

Kristian Drench - 4.5*

View attachment 428976

He has a lot of potential and is quite fast for a 16 year old. He'll slowly be integrated into the first team during pre-season and then may feature in Capital One Cup games.

Sam Cherry - 4.5*

View attachment 428975

He has some very good stats for such a young age and is already training with the first team. I'll be looking to use him towards the end of the season. Have we found the English Kei Kamara?

View attachment 428974

March 2014

View attachment 428973

March was a very bad month for Middlesbrough as we lost four out of the seven games we played and that really annoyed me and we nearly through top spot away. We rescued our season in the last game of the month as we defeated 2nd place Brighton 1-0 to go six points clear at the top of the league.

Squad Stats

View attachment 428972

Player of the Month

View attachment 428971

League Table

View attachment 428970

As previously mentioned, the win against Brighton moves us six points clear at the top of the league with seven games left to play.

Club News

View attachment 428969

Sam Cherry, who was recently promoted from the Youth Team, made his debut as a substitute in the 1-0 win over Brighton and became the youngest player ever to play for Middlesbrough. A Middlesbrough player being the next Alan Shearer? That won't go down well.

View attachment 428961

April 2014

View attachment 428960

April was a fantastic month for Middlesbrough as we only lost one out of the six games we played with the rest being victories. We secured our play-off spot at the beginning of the month and then promotion to the Premier League towards the latter end of April. Obviously I would have liked six wins out of six but you can't win every game!

Squad Stats

View attachment 428959

Player of the Month - Jacob Butterfield

View attachment 428958

Jacob has been in great form in April as he was involved in many of the goals we scored and even managed to score two goals himself.

League Table

View attachment 428957

Following a long season we have won the SkyBet Championship!

Club News

View attachment 428956

Following the 3-1 win over Barnsley, Brighton can't catch us which means that we have won the league!

View attachment 428954

May 2014

View attachment 428953

With the league title wrapped up at the end of April, we were left with just one fixture to play as we traveled to Yeovil Town. They were involved in a relegation scrap as only Doncaster were confirmed as being relegated going into the last day of the season so we rested a few key players. A lot of young players made their debuts in the game and did well but it was Kei Kamara who had the final say as he equalised in the 93rd minute.

Squad Stats

View attachment 428952

Player of the Month - Sam Cherry

View attachment 428951

Sam led the line in the final game with fellow Youth Team graduate Kristian Drench and put on a great performance as he scored and set up one in the 3-3 draw with Yeovil.

League Table

View attachment 428950

The season is finally complete and we finished three points clear of Brighton in 2nd place. It could have been a lot more though if we didn't slip up in March.

Club News

View attachment 428949

Five players made their debut in the final game against Yeovil and they were Kristian Drench, Adrianinho, Matthew Elsden, Alan Gardner and Callum Cooke.​

Great story. I like your approach on English players. Keep going. I love M'Boro because of their incredible youth intakes year after year.

Great story. I like your approach on English players. Keep going. I love M'Boro because of their incredible youth intakes year after year.

Thanks mate, whether the transfer policy will be successful or not in the Premier League is a different matter but hopefully it will be! I agree with the youth intakes and, as you can see, the youth intake this year was very good.

End of Season review coming up in the next 30 mins!

Last edited:
View attachment 428804

Middlesbrough End of Season Review

End of Season Squad Stats

View attachment 428785

Player of the Year - Kei Kamara

View attachment 428803

Kei has been outstanding all year and finished as the top goalscorer in the team with 38 goals in 50 appearances. It's a shame we will have to sell him in the next few years but until then I hope he can keep up the good form.

Young Player of the Year - Jerome Sinclair

View attachment 428802

Jerome was an absolute steal at just ?825,000 and has improved massively since he joined in pre-season. He was played alongside Kei Kamara and was normally got the assist for one of his goals.

Result of the Season

View attachment 428801

I'm going to go with the opening day win over Leicester as I believed they would be one of the teams that would walk the league. To win 4-1 against them when we were predicted to finish in mid-table was amazing.

League

It was a great campaign for us as we won promotion to the Premier League by winning the SkyBet Championship.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 428787

We reached the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup which met the board's aim but it was disappointing to go out to our local rivals.

FA Cup

View attachment 428786

Once again we met the aim of the board by reaching the Fourth Round of the FA Cup but it was disappointing for me to go out to a team in the same league as us.

Aims

1) Win promotion to the Premier League
2) Qualify for European Football
3) Win the Premier League
4) Win the FA Cup
5) Win the Capital One Cup
6) Win the Community Shield
7) Win the Europa League
8) Win the Champions League
9) Win the Club World Cup
10) Complete a domestic treble
11) Have 10 or more players selected for national duty for the main team.
12) A Middlesbrough player to win the Golden Ball
13) Become the most reputable club in the world
14) Become the world's richest club
15) Become the most successful club in the North East

We now have one of the aims complete as we have won promotion to the Premier League. Now the next target will be to win the FA Cup or Capital One Cup within the next two seasons.

Last edited:
View attachment 428800

2013/14 SkyBet Championship Review

League Table

View attachment 428799

Promoted
Middlesbrough
Brighton
Leicester

Relegated
Birmingham
Watford
Doncaster

Player of the Year

View attachment 428798

Emmanuel Ledesma - Middlesbrough

Young Player of the Year

View attachment 428796

Jerome Sinclair - Middlesbrough

Manager of the Year

View attachment 428795

Michael Henson - Middlesbrough

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 428794

Kei Kamara - Middlesbrough - 33 Goals

Goal of the Season

View attachment 428793

Emmanuel Ledesma - Middlesbrough vs Doncaster

Players' Team of the Year

View attachment 428792

Alex McCarthy - Reading
Jeremy Helan - Sheffield Wednesday
Gordon Greer - Brighton
Sean Morrison - Reading
Justin Hoyte - Middlesbrough
Albert Crusat - Millwall
Radoslaw Majewski - Nottingham Forest
Jacob Butterfield - Middlesbrough
Emmanuel Ledesma - Middlesbrough

Chris Wood - Leicester
Kei Kamara - Middlesbrough

Substitutes
Jason Steele - Middlesbrough
Shaun Williams - Derby
Mustapha Carayol - Middlesbrough
Ross Wallace - Burnley
Simon *** - Nottingham Forest
Royston Drenthe - Reading
Jordan Rhodes - Blackburn

If you are going with the English only policy and you get a player like your Brazilian, just keep loaning him out until his value soars, you could make millions on him rather than sell him cheap making your rivals stronger!

Think ive gone in the opposite direction (unintentionally) virtually all foreign players, though classed as homegrown because I brought them in at a young age! Think the qality of the English players are poor. Serbians, Croatians, Spanish andArgentinians are the best!

keep up the great story, looking forward to seeing how well you do in the prem

Can't wait to see the transfers before PL campaign! I myself used to buy only Englishmen, but later on it was difficult to progress as English players are not that good, so I expanded the policy and decided to buy Scots (Scotland produce massive mids regens) and Irishmen also.

By the way, M'Boro has everything that i like when managing a club in FM: great logo, excellent youth facilities, my fav colours, stadium without awful sponsor name and incredible real life fans. Keep up the good work mate!

View attachment 428784

2013/14 English Season Review

Premier League

View attachment 428783

Chelsea were crowned Premier League champions on the final day of the season as they won the league over Fulham in 2nd place. Both of them qualified for the Champions League along with Manchester United and Arsenal whilst Manchester City, Tottenham and Everton qualified for the Europa League. At the other end of the table it was heartache for Hull, West Ham and Southampton as they were relegated to the SkyBet Championship.

SkyBet Championship

View attachment 428782

Middlesbrough finished in 1st place and received automatic promotion to the Premier League with Brighton, who finished in 2nd place. Leicester were promoted via the play-offs as they beat Reading at Wembley. Birmingham, Watford and Doncaster finished in the bottom three and therefore will compete in SkyBet League One next season.

SkyBet League One

View attachment 428781

The top of SkyBet League One was very tight as Wolves pipped Preston to the league title by a point and they will be joined in the SkyBet Championship by Sheffield United as they won the play-offs. Gillingham, Crawley, Oldham and Carlisle suffered relegation to SkyBet League Two.

SkyBet League Two

View attachment 428779

Three teams won automatic promotion to SkyBet League One and they were Burton, Hartlepool and Portsmouth whilst Oxford, who finished in the play-offs on goal difference, got promoted after winning at Wembley. At the other end of the table it was agony for Bristol Rovers and Newport County as they dropped out of the Football League.

FA Cup

View attachment 428777

Everton won the 2013/14 FA Cup as they beat Manchester United 1-0 in the final and that was enough for them to qualify for the 2014/15 Europa League.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 428776

Chelsea were crowned 2013/14 Capital One Cup winners as they beat Norwich in extra time at Wembley to start a memorable year as they also won the Premier League.

If you are going with the English only policy and you get a player like your Brazilian, just keep loaning him out until his value soars, you could make millions on him rather than sell him cheap making your rivals stronger!

Think ive gone in the opposite direction (unintentionally) virtually all foreign players, though classed as homegrown because I brought them in at a young age! Think the qality of the English players are poor. Serbians, Croatians, Spanish andArgentinians are the best!

keep up the great story, looking forward to seeing how well you do in the prem

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Looking to get a feeder club and then send out Adrianinho on loan or might sell him for a small fee with 50% of his next transfer fee coming to us.

Can't wait to see the transfers before PL campaign! I myself used to buy only Englishmen, but later on it was difficult to progress as English players are not that good, so I expanded the policy and decided to buy Scots (Scotland produce massive mids regens) and Irishmen also.

By the way, M'Boro has everything that i like when managing a club in FM: great logo, excellent youth facilities, my fav colours, stadium without awful sponsor name and incredible real life fans. Keep up the good work mate!

Already made two key transfers and brought in two regens for hardly anything. Hopefully get the transfers updated during the Chelsea v Stoke match.

Once again, thanks for following!

View attachment 428616

2014/15 Transfers

In

View attachment 428614

We brought in six players during the most important transfer window as we looked to build a squad capable of staying in the Premier League. We brought in four players that would go straight into the first team and the other two will be in the Under 18s team for the foreseeable future.

Dane Burke

View attachment 428612

Dane joins from the respected Crewe Academy for ?75,000 which is a very small fee compared to what he can achieve. He has a 5* scout report and will be eased into the first team in the next two seasons.

Kyle Waine

View attachment 428610

Similar to Dane Burke, Kyle joins from Crewe for ?75,000 and has a 5* scout report. He will be used in the Capital One Cup games and potentially be used in some FA Cup games.

Kieran Trippier

View attachment 428609

He joins on a four year deal from Burnley for a fee of ?3.5m and will be our first choice right back for the upcoming season.

Charlie Austin

View attachment 428608

Similar to Kieran Tripper, Charlie has joined on a four year deal but his transfer fee was ?100,000 less at ?3.4m. He has a phenomenal scoring record and will hopefully fire the team to glory.

Andre Wisdom

View attachment 428603

Andre has joined on a season long loan from Liverpool and will be our back up centre back.

Tom Ince

View attachment 428602

Our star signing this summer as we spend most of our budget on Tom Ince to replace the outgoing Albert Adomah.

Transfers Out

View attachment 428601

Only one player left for a fee as Albert Adomah joined Amkar for a fee of ?4m whilst the rest were either released or loaned out. We have now agreed a partnership with Tranmere as well which is why three players were sent on loan there.

There was also a change in the staff department as Head of Youth Development Dave Parnaby refused to extend his contract after the treatment of his son so he moved to Arsenal for fee.

View attachment 428600

Nice to see another Boro story. Great work on promotion.

As a Boro fan, I will definitely be following.
I have a Boro save as well but not doing as good as you. Similar to you, I go for youth but I go for all nationalities.

Nooooooo, you sold Adomah!!! He gave me like 15/20 assists per season for 3 years before I sold him to Shaktar for ?14m

It's a pity you lost Dave Parnaby, I think he was mainly responsible for these amazing regens. I predict you'll finish somewhere near the 8th place. Good luck!

Have a look at Virgil van dijk he's not English but young.... He's been a rock so far for me in my first season in the premiership with Boro.

2nd highest average rating in the league behind vidic and we sit 13th at the moment after 12 games :)