The Pride of the North East - A Middlesbrough Story

Well done on keeping Boro up mate, looking forward to next season and seeing the transfers! UTB!

SS of Ben Gibson and Jordan Jones please. Ben Gibson developing into a real beast for me

Well done on keeping Boro up mate, looking forward to next season and seeing the transfers! UTB!

SS of Ben Gibson and Jordan Jones please. Ben Gibson developing into a real beast for me

sold of him to Everton on mine, ****** me off by complaining too much!!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently!

Been quite busy with uni work and reporting on games this weekend, will try get a couple on tonight.

View attachment 423960

2014/15 Premier League Review

League Table

View attachment 423958

Champions
Chelsea

Champions League
Chelsea
Tottenham
Manchester City
Everton

Europa League
Manchester United
Liverpool

Relegated
Cardiff
Fulham
Sunderland

Footballer of the Year

View attachment 423957

Juan Mata - Chelsea

Players' Player of the Year

View attachment 423952

Eden Hazard - Chelsea

Players' Young Player of the Year

View attachment 423951

Erik Lamela - Spurs

Golden Glove

View attachment 423956

Brad Guzan - Aston Villa

Manager of the Year

View attachment 423954

Jose Mourinho - Chelsea

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 423950

Goal of the Season

View attachment 423955

Jonny Howson - Norwich (v Leicester)

Team of the Year

View attachment 423953

Brad Guzan - Aston Villa
Leighton Baines - Arsenal
Vincent Kompany - Manchester City
Nemanja Vidic - Manchester United
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Juan Mata - Chelsea
David Silva - Manchester City
Eden Hazard - Chelsea
Andriy Yarmolenko - Liverpool
Robin Van Persie - Manchester United
Sergio Aguero - Manchester City

View attachment 423949

2014/15 English Season Review

Premier League

View attachment 423948

Chelsea were crowned Champions of England after they claimed their second successive league title. They will be joined in the Champions League by Tottenham, Manchester City and Everton. Rivals Manchester United and Liverpool will be in the Europa League for the 2015/16 season. At the other end of the table Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland were relegated.

SkyBet Championship

View attachment 423947

Reading and West Ham received automatic promotion to the Premier League after finished 1st and 2nd respectively. They will be joined by Southampton, who bounce back after being relegated last season. Sheffield Wednesday, Yeovil and Sheffield United will play the 2015/16 season in SkyBet League One after they finished in the bottom three.

SkyBet League One

View attachment 423946

Replacing the three teams that were relegated from the SkyBet Championship are Bristol City, Watford and Birmingham with the latter gaining promotion via the play-offs. Meanwhile Burton, Hartlepool, Port Vale and Colchester were relegated into SkyBet League Two.

SkyBet League Two

View attachment 423945

It was a good season for Dagenham and Redbridge as they were promoted as Champions and they will be joined in SkyBet League One by Crawley, Chesterfield and Gillingham. Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon dropped out of the Football League.

FA Cup

View attachment 423944

Chelsea were crowned as FA Cup winners of 2014/15 after they defeated SkyBet Championship side Reading 2-0 at Wembley.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 423943

The start of the domestic treble for Chelsea as they beat relegated Cardiff 3-1 at the start of March.

View attachment 423942

2015/16 Pre-Season Update

Transfers

View attachment 491655

In

View attachment 423941

Will Keane

View attachment 423937

Reece Hall-Johnson

View attachment 423936

Elliott Bennett

View attachment 423935

Aaron Cresswell

View attachment 423934

Mitchell Beeney

View attachment 423933

Greg McGuinness

View attachment 423932

Out

View attachment 423939

A number of players left this season including Rhys Williams and George Friend with both being key players so far. Friend left after his attributes fell dramatically following his broken leg and Williams departed as I try to make the squad fully English. Dean Whitehead left on a free transfer as his wage was quite big and no one wanted to take him off our hands. We utilised Tranmere as a feeder club by sending four players on loan to them including two of our brightest prospects in the form of Sam Cherry and Matthew Elsden.

Club News

View attachment 423931

View attachment 423930

View attachment 422143

August 2015

View attachment 422142

We had a bright start to the new season as we avoided defeat against our rivals Newcastle United before losing to Stoke in a close encounter. We progressed in the Capital One Cup after beating Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. The end of the month was quite disappointing as I was expecting three points against Brighton but a double from Federico Macheda prevented that.

Squad Stats

View attachment 422136

Player of the Month - Jerome Sinclair

View attachment 422135

Jerome has led the line excellently in August and rounded it off with a double against Brighton in the 2-2 draw.

League Table

View attachment 422132

At the moment we lie in our predicted finish but I want to push up the table and hopefully sneak Europa League football.

View attachment 422122

September 2015

View attachment 422121

September started off great for me as we beat Tottenham 2-1 at the Riverside before a draw away at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace. An extra time win over Wigan was good as we progressed further in the Capital One Cup before we were brought back down to earth at Anfield as Liverpool beat us 4-2.

Squad Stats

View attachment 422120

Player of the Month - Tom Ince

View attachment 422119

A fantastic month for Tom as he showed his potential by being the star man against Tottenham. He has been very consistent in recent times and I'm hoping he can push for a place in the England team.

League Table

View attachment 422118

Despite a good month for us we are still in 15th position in the Premier League which is quite disappointing. However a few wins will push us in the right direction.

Club News

View attachment 422113

I reached a milestone in management as I took charge of my 100th game as Middlesbrough manager in the Capital One Cup victory over Wigan. Here's to another 100 games!

View attachment 421912

October 2015

View attachment 421911

When October started I thought it might have been a good month for us as we started off with a win against Aston Villa before we suffered four successive defeats. It started with a defeat to West Ham before we lost three away games in a row. Two in the league against Manchester United and Southampton were either side of a last minute defeat to lowly Leicester in the Capital One Cup.

Squad Stats

View attachment 421909

Player of the Month

View attachment 421908

League Table

View attachment 421907

Once again we find ourselves in 15th position which is a positive for me after such a bad month. After three straight league defeats, I thought we might have been a bit lower but I'm glad we're stable at the moment.

View attachment 421906

November 2015

View attachment 421905

We only had three games this month due to the international break and we won one, lost one and drew one. It was a great win to start the month with a 6-2 demolition off Swansea, it was made even better by the fact it was away from home. After the international break we faced Chelsea and we got battered by the tank that is Romelu Lukaku before a 1-1 draw with high flying Reading rounded off the month.

Squad Stats

View attachment 421904

Player of the Month - Charlie Austin

View attachment 421903

Mainly due to the fact he scored five of the six goals against Swansea in the opening game of the month. It could have been six out of six but one of the goals went down as a Michu OG.

League Table

View attachment 421902

Another 15th place finish for the end of the month. I suppose you can say it is consistency but I'd like to finish higher.

View attachment 421706

December 2015

View attachment 421705

The most annoying part of Football Manager is how inconsistent the match engine is and it showed in this month. It started off with a great win over Norwich at Carrow Road before three straight defeats against Arsenal, Everton and West Brom. We then faced Manchester City with a tired squad and went down to 10 men but still managed to pull off a win. However it was back to the usual rubbish that the ME produces and lost to lowly Leicester before getting pulled apart by Stoke. WHY IS IT SO ANNOYING?!

Squad Stats

View attachment 421704

Player of the Month - Kieran Trippier

View attachment 421703

It could have gone to either him or Charlie Austin but he was fantastic in the wins against Norwich and Manchester City.

League Table

View attachment 421702

Very annoyed at the league position right now but it doesn't surprise me when the ME constantly messes up games. At least it's quite tight at the bottom.

Club News

View attachment 421700

Another positive from the month is that Assistant Manager Mark Venus has extended his contract until 2018 after his current deal was set to run out at the end of the season.

View attachment 421698

Transfers

In

View attachment 421689

Jordan Rossiter - ?3.3m - Liverpool

Jordan joins Middlesbrough as one of the brightest talents in English football and will be looking to develop him into a world class player.

Out

View attachment 421688

Lukas Jutkiewicz - Free - Bolton

He wasn't being used and was playing U21's football so was let go on a free transfer with 25% of his next transfer fee coming to us.

January 2016

View attachment 421697

What a difference a month makes. I was cursing our luck in December and we were left languishing in the bottom three but in January we only lost once, however it was against our rivals so I wasn't too happy with that. In the league it was great to only lose one game and beat the likes of Liverpool and Brighton as well as securing a draw against Tottenham. We are also still in the FA Cup after a last minute winner in the Third Round and a draw against West Brom in the Fourth Round to set up a replay at the start of February.

Squad Stats

View attachment 421694

View attachment 421693

Tom was fantastic this month and added three goals in crucial wins over Brighton and Crystal Palace. Also put a sterling performance in against his former club Liverpool.

League Table

View attachment 421692

We've moved up to 14th now but I'm targeting higher and want at least a top half finish.

View attachment 420893

February 2016

View attachment 420892

Another great month for Middlesbrough as we remained unbeaten in the game including a 4-0 win at the Riverside against Manchester United, their first defeat in all competitions since October 2015! Harry Maguire was solid in the final two league games of the month as he opened the scoring on both occasions. The only sour point of the month was going out of the FA Cup but there is plenty more seasons to try and win that cup.

Squad Stats

View attachment 420891

Player of the Month - Charlie Austin

View attachment 420890

Charlie had a great end to the month as he bagged a hat trick in the 5-1 win over Swansea as well as scoring against West Ham and Manchester United.

League Table

View attachment 420889

The league is so tight as we are now up to 8th in the league. However a few bad results could see us head towards the relegation zone again.

View attachment 420885

2015/16 Youth Candidates

View attachment 420884

Not the best youth intake with only one of the players coming into the youth team having a potential ability of over 4* which was disappointing. I'm trying to improve the standard of the youth recruitment so that we can bring the best players in ahead of Newcastle and Sunderland. Below is the player that stands out for me;

Doug Preece - 4.5*

View attachment 420883

Doug is the highest rated player coming into the youth team so I'm hoping he can live up to his potential. He's been dubbed as the new Michael Owen so if he replicates his early career then I'll be very happy.

View attachment 420880

March 2016

View attachment 420879

Once again we remain unbeaten in the league but we only played three games this month due to an international break but it's still pleasing. The best result was perhaps the 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, I wasn't expecting anything from it with the form of Romelu Lukaku but luckily Elliott Bennett rescued a draw for us. A small mention to Jordan Rossiter who scored the winner, and his first goal for the club, in the win against Southampton.

Squad Stats

View attachment 420878

Player of the Month - Dane Burke

View attachment 420877

Dane has been solid since becoming a starting member of the team and is still only 17 years old but is putting in performances like a 27 year old!

League Table

View attachment 420876

We are hanging onto 7th place but Aston Villa are only three points off in 12th place so we have to be on our best game to ensure we don't drop down.

Club News

View attachment 420875

Bad news for the team as first choice right back gets injured in training which means 16 year old Greg McGuinness will have to step up to the first team.

View attachment 420874

April 2016

View attachment 420873

It's been a very exciting end to the season and it's going to the final day of the season to decide who will be in the Europa League next season. We lost two games at the start of the month against Norwich and Arsenal, our first defeats for a while, but bounced back with a 4-1 win at Goodison Park. Tom Ince was instrumental in the fantastic win against Manchester City and played another big part in the 3-2 win over West Brom.

Squad Stats

View attachment 420872

View attachment 420871

Tom certainly shows up when it's needed. He scored a double in the 2-1 win over oil rich Manchester City and provided two assists for the win over West Brom. He should get an England cap soon.

League Table

View attachment 420870

How tight is it for 6th, 7th and 8th position. It's going to be decided on the final game of the season when we take on Leicester, Newcastle take on West Ham and Tottenham take on Southampton. The only problem is that Newcastle are in the FA Cup Final so if they beat Chelsea they could throw a spanner in the works.

View attachment 420469

Final Day of Season 2015/16

View attachment 420468

"Hello and welcome to the final Soccer Saturday of the season and today we're focusing on the three teams hoping to qualify for the Europa League next season with reporters covering the games at Tottenham, Newcastle and Middlesbrough. Matt Le Tissier is following the fortunes of West Ham against Newcastle, Paul Merson watching the game at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Southampton whilst Charlie Nicholas "

The Fixtures
Tottenham v Southampton
West Ham v Newcastle
Middlesbrough v Leicester

3pm - Kick Off
"...and the whistle has blown at White Hart Lane, the Boleyn Ground and the Riverside Stadium as the final day of the Premier League season kicks off."

3.02pm
"There has been an early goal in one of the games we are following and it's over to Paul Merson."

View attachment 420461

It's the home side that's conceded early on as James Ward-Prowse fires Southampton into the lead in the 2nd minute!

Tottenham 0-1 Southampton (James Ward-Prowse 2)
West Ham 0-0 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 0-0 Leicester

6th - Tottenham - 56pts
7th - Newcastle - 55 pts
8th - Middlesbrough - 54pts

3.08pm
"Another early goal and it's at the Riverside Stadium. Charlie Nicholas.."

View attachment 420460

"Middlesbrough have took the lead here Jeff. Jacob Butterfield, the ex Barnsley midfielder, has fired his team into the lead and at the moment are into the Europa League."

Tottenham 0-1 Southampton
West Ham 0-0 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 1-0 Leicester (Jacob Butterfield 8)

6th - Middlesbrough - 56pts
7th - Tottenham - 56 pts
8th - Newcastle - 55pts

3.10pm
"We're following three key games on this final day and it's over to the third reporter Matt Le Tissier to hear about a goal at the Boleyn Ground."

View attachment 420462

"The race for Europa League football is still on as Newcastle have took the lead through Papiss Cisse. It's going to be one hectic final day!"

Tottenham 0-1 SouthamptonWest Ham 0-1 Newcastle (Papiss Cisse 10)
Middlesbrough 1-0 Leicester

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
7th - Middlesbrough - 56 pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.12pm
"Two goals in two minutes at the Boleyn Ground but who has scored the second. Matt Le Tissier.."

View attachment 420462

"It's for Newcastle Jeff and it looks like the game could be over already as Cisse has his second of the afternoon."

Tottenham 0-1 Southampton
West Ham 0-2 Newcastle (Papiss Cisse 12)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.22pm
"We're hearing reports of another goal at White Hart Lane. Have Tottenham got back into the game or have Southampton extended their lead?"

View attachment 420461

"Nightmare for Huge Lloris, absolute nightmare. The shot comes in from the edge of the area, hits the post and bounces in off the Frenchman to give Southampton a two goal lead. GOALLLLLLLLL"

Tottenham 0-2 Southampton (Hugo Lloris OG 22)
West Ham 0-2 Newcastle

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.23pm
"There's a loud noise coming from Charlie Nicholas. Let's see what's happening at the Riverside Stadium."

View attachment 420460

"Kieran Trippier has scored a fantastic goal for Middlesbrough. He's picked the ball up just inside the Leicester half and drove towards goal before unleashing a thunderbolt into the top corner."

Tottenham 0-2 Southampton
West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 2-0 Leicester (Kieran Tripper 23)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.32pm
"Two goals in the 32nd minute, one at White Hart Lane and one at the Riverside Stadium but first it's to Paul Merson.."

View attachment 420461

"Tottenham have a way back into the game and it's Jan Vertonghen who has pulled a goal back for them. An hour left can they get another two to secure European football?"

"Now let's hear about the goal at the Riverside with Charlie.."

View attachment 420460

"3-0 Middlesbrough, Jeff! Leicester look to be dead and buried and it's their captain Charlie Austin who has fired in another goal to take his tall to 21."

Tottenham 1-2 Southampton (Jan Vertonghen 32)
West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 3-0 Leicester (Charlie Austin 32)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.33pm
"Straight back to Charlie Nicholas who has another goal to tell us about."

View attachment 420460

"3-1 now. Gary Hooper has got one back for Leicester but I can't see them getting back into the game."

Tottenham 1-2 Southampton
West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 3-1 Leicester (Gary Hooper 33)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.43pm

"We've not heard from him in a while but let's go back to Matt Le Tissier who is watching West Ham v Newcastle"

View attachment 420462

"It's another goal for Newcastle and Massadio Haidara who has the third of the game for Newcastle. Looks like they've wrapped up the three points at the Boleyn Ground"

West Ham 0-3 Newcastle (Massadio Haidara 43)
Middlesbrough 3-1 Leicester

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

3.45pm

View attachment 420468

"..and it's half time on the final day of the Premier League season and as is stands Newcastle and Middlesbrough will be heading into Europe with Newcastle still to play in the FA Cup Final against Chelsea. We'll be back shortly.."

4.01pm
"A minute into the second half of the final day and we have another goal at the Riverside Stadium. Which way has it gone Charlie Nicholas?"

View attachment 420460

"It's gone to Leicester again Jeff and Gary Hooper has his second of the afternoon. It's a typical finish from him as he pounces on a rebound to slot home."

West Ham 0-3 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 3-2 Leicester (Gary Hooper 46)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

4.06pm
"To the Boleyn Ground and Matt Le Tissier.."

View attachment 420462

"4-0 to Newcastle now and it should be more as they missed a chance just before their goal. Papiss Cisse has his hat trick and it's well deserved."

West Ham 0-4 Newcastle (Papiss Cisse 51)
Middlesbrough 3-2 Leicester

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

4.08pm
"The Boleyn Ground is seeing plenty of action today. Matt Le Tissier what has gone on now?"

View attachment 420462

"West Ham have got a consolation through Danny Graham but I can't see them getting back into this game."

West Ham 1-4 Newcastle (Danny Graham 53)
Middlesbrough 3-2 Leicester

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56pts

4.27pm
"Charlie Nicholas can't believe his eyes but what has gone on Charlie?"

View attachment 420460

"I don't believe if Jeff. Middlesbrough have thrown a three goal lead away and Leicester have pulled it level. Gary Hooper is the man to get the goal as he secures the match ball. Middlesbrough have moved to a more attacking formation now to try and find a winner."

West Ham 1-4 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 3-3 Leicester (Gary Hooper 72)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
7th - Tottenham - 56 pts
8th - Middlesbrough - 54 pts

4.38pm
"Into the final ten minutes at the Boleyn Ground and Matt Le Tissier has another goal to report on."

View attachment 420462

"Another goal for Danny Graham but Newcastle have moved to 5 at the back now to see the game out so I think that's the final time you'll hear from me."

West Ham 2-4 Newcastle (Danny Graham 83)
Middlesbrough 3-3 Leicester

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
7th - Tottenham - 56 pts
8th - Middlesbrough - 54 pts

4.40pm
"Oh my word! Five minutes left at the Riverside Stadium and there's been a seventh goal but who has it gone to Charlie?"

View attachment 420413

"I don't believe it Jeff! Middlesbrough have scored! Their fans are going absolutely mental and so am I. It's the substitute Emmanuel Ledesma that has scored it and it looks like he has sent Middlesbrough into the Europa League!"

West Ham 2-4 Newcastle
Middlesbrough 4-3 Leicester (Emmanuel Ledesma 85)

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56 pts

4.47pm

View attachment 420468

"The final whistle has blown across all three games and the scores stayed as they were so it looks like Newcastle and Middlesbrough are into the Europa League but all will be confirmed after the FA Cup Final next week!

6th - Newcastle - 57pts
8th - Tottenham - 56 pts

View attachment 420403

Last edited: