The Pride of the North East - A Middlesbrough Story

View attachment 549320

England - November 2018

View attachment 397654

A fairly normal squad with Chelsea youngster Marios Markou making the squad at the age of 19 as I want him to have an England cap before Cyprus come calling.

England 3-3 Japan

View attachment 397652

A disappointing result for me as the Japanese pulled off a shock but I'm glad it's a friendly so we can get the bad results out of the way.

USA 0-1 England

View attachment 397651

A much better performance from us as we seal a 1-0 win over the USA with Jerome Sinclair scoring the only goal of the game.

International News

View attachment 397653

Markou made his debut and was quick to thank me, hopefully he'll want to sign for Middlesbrough now as well!

View attachment 397650

December 2018

View attachment 397646

After the success in November, December was a very disappointing result for me as we failed to win half of our games. The two results at the start of the month were frustrating before we beat Chelsea to give us a bit of hope going into the Barcelona game. With qualification already secure I rested a few key players and we were easily defeated 2-0. Following that defeat we were back into league action again as we dispatched of local rivals Newcastle United before hammering Sheffield United 8-1, I couldn't believe it when the goals kept flying in! However we were shortly brought back down to earth as Jason Pearce scored a 93rd minute winner against us in the final game of the month.

Squad Stats

View attachment 397645

Player of the Month - Jerome Sinclair

View attachment 397644

Jerome added five goals to his total this month including an impressive hat trick in the demolition of Sheffield United.

League Table

View attachment 397643

A few bad results and we have slipped down to 5th so I hope the results start to improve soon!

Club News

View attachment 397649

After qualifying from the group we have been draw away to Dynamo Kyiv in the first leg of the next round.

View attachment 397647

Nathan Redmond has been ruled out for 2-3 months which is a massive loss for us as he has been one of our key players.

View attachment 397636

January 2019

Transfers

No one was brought in and no one left the club as I attempted to keep the squad together for a title push. However City sent in two bids which were both rejected;

View attachment 397631View attachment 397629

Results

View attachment 397628

The results were a lot better this month and we were undefeated in all competitions. Jordon Ibe started the month off well with two goals in two games as we drew with Arsenal and then beat Norwich in the FA Cup. Southampton lost at the Riverside before we settled for a point in the big game against Manchester City. Our hopes of retaining the FA Cup were saved by Charlie Austin's last minute goal and then we were solid against Liverpool to ensure a win.

Squad Stats

Messed this up whilst editing the screenshot!

Player of the Month - Jordon Ibe

View attachment 397627

Jordon was a ready made replacement for the injured Nathan Redmond and performed excellently in January.

League Table

View attachment 397626

January saw the results improve but we are now down in 6th position with only a few months left of the season.

Club News

View attachment 397625

The Liverpool game was my 300th in management and what a great way to celebrate it!

View attachment 397624

Sam Cherry was injured in the game against Norwich and will miss 5-6 weeks :(

View attachment 397617

February 2019

View attachment 397613

Another good month for Middlesbrough as we win five out of the six games we played but were knocked out of the FA Cup in a replay against Stoke. The month started off with a fantastic win over Manchester United before taking on Everton and Wigan in the Premier League and winning comfortably. We then played out first leg of the Champions League First Knockout Round and came away with a win and three away goals which was very pleasing. To finish the month we sunk Cardiff at the Riverside with Charlie Austin grabbing a hat trick.

Squad Stats

View attachment 397610

Player of the Month - Charlie Austin

View attachment 397609

A wonderful month for our top goalscorer as he bags a hat trick against Cardiff as well as multiple goals in other games.

League Table

View attachment 397608

Winning all of our league games this month was massive as we are now back up to 3rd in the league with all to play for in March, April and May.

Club News

View attachment 397607

I reached 300 games in charge of Middlesbrough and have been very happy with the way things are going at the minute.

View attachment 397601

March 2019

View attachment 397593

Not many games were played in March but we managed to win half of them as we beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League and then dispatched of Dynamo Kyiv with a repeat scoreline of the first leg. A disappointing result followed in the Premier League as we drew with West Brom before Stoke beat us AGAIN! :'(

Squad Stats

View attachment 397584

Player of the Month

No one impressed me this month.

League Table

View attachment 397575

With hardly any league games played we slip down to 4th but there's still plenty of time left.

Club News

View attachment 397600
View attachment 397599

Great news for the club as two of the brightest talents extend their contracts until June 2023.

View attachment 397598

Nine of my players were called up to the England squad by me.

View attachment 397597

The Quarter Final draw of the Champions League matched us up with AC Milan, a team we beat on the road to Europa League glory last season.

View attachment 551040

England - March 2019

Forgot to screenshot the squad but it was near enough the same squad as last time!

England 2-0 Wales

View attachment 396876

A solid win against the biggest rivals in our group as we remain top of the group after winning all of our matches so far.

England 3-1 Ivory Coast

View attachment 396875

I organised a different type of opponent for our next game as we took on Ivory Coast in a friendly and dispatched of them easily with Luke Shaw, Danny Welbeck and Kyle Walker getting the goals.

International News

View attachment 396874

View attachment 396873

View attachment 396872

April 2019

View attachment 396871

The end of the season is near and we have hit great form in the league as we chase our second successive Premier League title. The month started off with a demolition of Hull at the Riverside before Charlie Austin scored late on against AC Milan to secure us two vital away goals. A trip to Norwich was in between the home and away leg which resulted in a fairly easy victory before we beat AC Milan on penalties to progress to the Champions League Semi-Finals. A small break followed but it was crucial as the team recovered to beat leaders Chelsea at the Riverside before making the short trip to Newcastle for the derby. We finished the month off with a trip to the Bernabeau but it ended in disappointment as we lost 3-1 but we did manage to get an away goal.

Squad Stats

View attachment 396869

Player of the Month - Jerome Sinclair

View attachment 396868

A good month for Jerome as he puts Chelsea to the sword with two crucial goals.

League Table

View attachment 396867

We are now in 2nd place with a game in hand of Chelsea that could see us go joint top if we win!

Club News

View attachment 396866

As you can already see, we've been drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League Semi-Finals.

View attachment 396865

Fresh from the youth academy, Warren Kennedy made his first team debut!

View attachment 396864

May 2019

View attachment 396863

A fantastic way to end the season as we won all five of our games in May. The month started off with two fantastic wins in two days as players overcame fatigue to secure all six points against Tottenham and Sheffield United. Real Madrid then visited the Riverside in a great spectacle which saw us win by the same scoreline and take them intro extra time where he had a goal disallowed and hit the bar twice. The game was to then be decided on penalties and we were knocked out as academy graduate Sam Cherry sent his penalty over the bar. To see the season out we travelled to Swansea and Reading but was it enough to seal a second successive Premier League title?

Squad Stats

View attachment 396860

Player of the Month - Tom Ince

View attachment 396859

Tom always seems to play well towards the end of the season and he did it again by laying on plenty of assists from the left wing.

League Table

View attachment 396858

Middlesbrough seal the Premier League title by five points!

View attachment 396857

View attachment 396856

View attachment 396855

View attachment 396854

Club News

View attachment 396853
View attachment 396852

These two messages popped up within days of each other so it's good to see the board acting fast.

congrats on the successive title...

CL finals next... hope you can clinch it...
you seem to have the luck, coming back to win on pen on previous 2 rounds.

View attachment 396851

2018/19 End of Season Review

End of Season Squad Stats

View attachment 396850

Player of the Year - Charlie Austin

View attachment 396849

Charlie has entered his prime and once again maintains an average rating of over 7. What a bargain he was!

Young Player of the Year - Dane Burke

View attachment 396848

For a second year in a row Dane wins the award for another great season. I still can't believe I only paid ?75,000 for him!

Result of the Season

View attachment 396846

It has to be the record scoreline from the past season as we hammered Sheffield United 8-1 back in December.

League

View attachment 396845

A second successive Premier League title for Middlesbrough as we show the world what we can do with an all-English team.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 396844

Another season goes by without a Capital One Cup success which is getting increasingly frustrating!

FA Cup

View attachment 396843

After we won the trophy last season it was very disappointing to go out in the Fourth Round to Stoke.

Community Shield

View attachment 396842

Another aim is complete as we beat Chelsea to win our first Community Shield under my control.

Champions League

View attachment 396841

Considering it was our first season in the Champions League we did very well with Barcelona and Fiorentina in our group. It was great to get to the semi-finals but the quality of Real Madrid was evident as we were knocked out on penalties.

European Super Cup

View attachment 396840

A second successive European Super Cup ended in defeat, this time against French giants Paris Saint-Germain.

Aims

1) Win promotion to the Premier League
2) Qualify for European Football
3) Win the Premier League
4) Win the FA Cup
5) Win the Capital One Cup
6) Win the Community Shield
7) Win the Europa League
8) Win the Champions League
9) Win the Club World Cup
10) Complete a domestic treble
11) Have 10 or more players selected for national duty for the main team.
12) A Middlesbrough player to win the Golden Ball
13) Become the most reputable club in the world
14) Become the world's richest club
15) Become the most successful club in the North East

congrats on the successive title...

CL finals next... hope you can clinch it...
you seem to have the luck, coming back to win on pen on previous 2 rounds.

My bad abt the CL, i tot you won RM on pen...
nvm, I'm sure you will be back there next season.. better equiped to clinch it this time.. :D

View attachment 554637

England - June 2019

One game in June for England and it was a European Championship Qualifying match away to Moldova.

Moldova 0-6 England

View attachment 395268

A great performance as we dominated Moldova which was expected. Goals from Tom Ince, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jerome Sinclair, Sam Cherry and Nathan Redmond sealed the win.

Our group for the qualifying campaign for the 2022 World Cup has also been drawn;

View attachment 395251