The Pride of the North East - A Middlesbrough Story

View attachment 404298

2017/18 End of Season Review

End of Season Squad Stats

View attachment 404297

Player of the Year - Tom Ince

View attachment 404296

Tom has quite simply been incredible this season and has ripped apart every team in the Premier League and in Europe.

Young Player of the Year - Dane Burke

View attachment 404295

It's great for us that we only paid ?75,000 for him back in the first season and now we're rejecting bids for him from Chelsea!

Result of the Season

View attachment 404292

Had to be this one as it won the Premier League title!

Premier League

View attachment 404291

A fantastic season for us as we won the Premier League for the first time in our history.

Capital One Cup

View attachment 404290

Another disappointing season in the Capital One Cup as we are once again knocked out in the Third Round.

FA Cup

View attachment 404289

I achieve one of my aims as we won the FA Cup for the first time during my tenure.

Europa League

View attachment 404288

We retain the Europa League after beating Chelsea in extra time, now for the Champions League!

Aims

1) Win promotion to the Premier League
2) Qualify for European Football
3) Win the Premier League
4) Win the FA Cup
5) Win the Capital One Cup
6) Win the Community Shield
7) Win the Europa League
8) Win the Champions League
9) Win the Club World Cup
10) Complete a domestic treble
11) Have 10 or more players selected for national duty for the main team.
12) A Middlesbrough player to win the Golden Ball
13) Become the most reputable club in the world
14) Become the world's richest club
15) Become the most successful club in the North East

Forgot to screenshot most of the other campaigns so next will be the big news from pre-season!

View attachment 403101

ENGLAND MANAGER SACKED

View attachment 403100

Following the failure to qualify from the Group Stages at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked as manager of England.

The FA have been disappointed with recent performances from the national side and felt that a new manager was needed for results to improve in the future.

Fans have been calling for Middlesbrough manager Michael Henson to be named as the new manager after he turned 'Boro into a title winning side with English players but it is believed that Ronald Koeman is the favourite for the job.

View attachment 403097

HENSON WANTS ENGLAND POST

View attachment 403096

A report earlier today on Sky Sports News claimed that Middlesbrough manager has expressed a desire to become the new England manager after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked.

Henson is the fans favourite for the job as every player he has brought in has been eligible for England but it is believed the FA want a more experienced manager like Ronald Koeman.

Henson has already won two league titles with Middlesbrough (SkyBet Championship and Premier League) and three cup competitions (Europa League x2, FA Cup) and looks to have a long successful future in the game.

View attachment 403094

HENSON CONFIRMS ENGLAND INTEREST

View attachment 403093

Around 30 minutes ago Michael Henson confirmed to BBC Radio 5 Live that he would be delighted if the FA made a formal approach to him for the England manager's job.

However he stated that he hadn't been in contact with anyone from the FA yet but has thrown his hat into the ring to become the next boss of England.

"I'd love it if I was offered the job as it's been a boyhood dream of mine to manage my country. Since day one at Middlesbrough I've wanted to improve the national team and have only brought in players eligible for England. If I was to get the job then it would show that my plan worked as the FA would have noticed the squad I have put together in the short time that won the Premier League last season."

Quality story this mate, reckon you will win the Champions League?

Hopefully. Whether I can do it with this squad I have now is a different matter. Maybe in a few years when I get all my regens at the top of their game.

Going to post a couple of updates soon.

Been having a few family issues recently so hoping to get back into this save!

View attachment 399748

Pre-Season 2018/19

Transfers

In

View attachment 399730

View attachment 399729

Jordon joins on a free transfer after being released by Liverpool and is a direct replacement for the departing Elliott Bennett. A versatile winger who can play on either side of the pitch.

Out

View attachment 399728

Two key players from last season left for pastures new as Elliott Bennett was sold to Everton and Aaron Cresswell was sold to Reading. Both were entering the last year of their contract and asking for a big wage so I decided to cash in when I could. Ibe will replace Bennett and youngster Micky Jackson, returning from a loan at Rangers, will be our new left back.

View attachment 399079

August 2018

View attachment 399078

The season started off by achieving another objective of mine by collecting the Community Shield with a 3-2 win over Chelsea which was followed by a great opening day victory against Southampton. We then faced Arsenal at home and dispatched of them with ease with two quick goals from Nathan Redmond and Charlie Austin before losing out on the European Super Cup to Paris Saint-Germain.

Squad Stats

View attachment 399076

Player of the Month - Charlie Austin

View attachment 399075

Charlie scored five goals in August with a goal in each game including a double in the Community Shield win against Chelsea.

League Table

View attachment 399074

Despite only playing two games we are up to 5th in the league and are only three points away from returning to the top of the table.

Club News

View attachment 399073

With the club winning the Premier League lasts season, we have sold 8000 more season tickets for the upcoming campaign!

View attachment 399072

Twenty of our players were called up for international duty with nine of them included in my first England squad.

Champions League Group

Barcelona
Fiorentina
Middlesbrough
Vitesse

Last edited:
View attachment 546008

England - September 2018

View attachment 399071

The first England squad under my management has been selected for the friendlies against Romania and Saudi Arabia.

View attachment 399070

England 2-0 Romania

View attachment 399069

A solid opening game for my new adventure as we had total dominance against Romania in a comfortable 2-0 win with two Middlesbrough players getting the goal, Kyle Waine and Charlie Austin.

England 1-0 Saudi Arabia

View attachment 399068

Another clean sheet, this time against Saudi Arabia. I would have preferred a bigger scoreline but we couldn't get our shots on target and only managed to get 3 out of the 15 on target.

England News

View attachment 399067

View attachment 399066

good start to the England job...
Looking at a starting 11 from Boro? That would be wonderful. :D

Great story, good to see you using lots of English players.

Good luck in CL!

good start to the England job...
Looking at a starting 11 from Boro? That would be wonderful. :D

Cheers mate! I'm hoping for that to happen in EURO2020 but won't pick the players just because they play for me.

Great story, good to see you using lots of English players.

Good luck in CL!

Thanks pal, will need it when I've got to play Barcelona!

View attachment 398881

September 2018

View attachment 398880

September was a very tough month for us as we faced five difficult teams and didn't have the best of starts as we lost 2-1 away to Tottenham. After the international break we drew 1-1 with Manchester City before taking all three points off Fiorentina in our first ever Champions League game. We then faced Liverpool twice in two days and won both games, first in the Premier League and then in the Capital One Cup with our reserve players. To finish off the September we drew 0-0 with Manchester United at Old Trafford, something which disappointed our fans.

Squad Stats

View attachment 398879

Player of the Month

Didn't think anyone deserved this award.

League Table

View attachment 398878

The defeat at Tottenham saw us slip down the league slightly but I'm very confident that we'll finish in the top four again.

View attachment 398877

October 2018

View attachment 398873

Another tough start to a month as we welcomed Spanish giants Barcelona to the Riverside and nearly beat them but two late goals ensured they took a point back to Catalunya. We followed that result with three straight wins against Everton, Wigan and Vitesse before a 1-1 draw away to Cardiff. Once again the final game of the month was very frustrating as we lost to Chelsea in the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup with their winner coming in the 93rd minute.

Squad Stats

View attachment 398872

Player of the Month - Jack Butland

View attachment 398858

Jack had a great month for us and was crucial to many of the victories and performed excellently in the draw against Barcelona.

League Table

View attachment 398857

A good month for us in the league moves us up to 3rd in the league, just behind Manchester City and Norwich.

Club News

View attachment 398859

I complete another of my objectives as I call up 10 Middlesbrough players to the England squad.

View attachment 546569

England - October 2018

This message greeted me after I named my second England squad..

View attachment 398841

They were soon quiet though..

England 4-1 Hungary

View attachment 398840

I handed young striker Sam Cherry a debut up front and he didn't disappoint as he scored the opening goal of the game in a solid 4-1 win.

Macedonia 0-3 England

View attachment 398839

Once again Sam Cherry impressed as he took his scoring record to 3 goals in 2 games for his country with an impressive double in the win over Macedonia.

2020 European Championship Qualifying Group

View attachment 398838

England News

View attachment 398836
View attachment 398834

View attachment 397662

November 2018

View attachment 397658

November was almost a perfect month for me with four wins out of five as we lost in a scrappy game against West Brom at the Hawthorns. It started out with two games in quick succession and we rose to the occasion and dispatched of them both with ease. After the West Brom defeat we were back in league action after the international break and were solid against Hull before demolishing Fiorentina in the Champions League.

Squad Stats

View attachment 397657

Player of the Month - Sam Cherry

View attachment 397656

Good month for young Sam and he added a couple of goals to his season tally.

League Table

View attachment 397655

Now up to 3rd in the league but it's extremely tight at the top and we could slip down if we're not careful!

Club News

View attachment 397659

Middlesbrough qualify for the Champions League Knockout Rounds with a game to spare which is wonderful as that game is against Barcelona!

View attachment 397661

Good news for the club as the Riverside has been extended to hold a capacity of 42,000.

View attachment 397660

Another large international call-up from the squad as 19 of my players are selected by the various England teams.