The Quest for European Dominance - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1620839164447.png

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group D
brugge.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

A great and important win. Adam Hlozek was on fire as he scored 4 goals as Brugge couldnt handle him. We were 3-0 up and cruising at half-time but then they pulled 2 goals back and it was worrying but Hlozek grabbed another 2 to seal the victory and the £2.46m for us.

--

radnik.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Pankov), Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic*, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

This was the Vidosavljevic show as he assisted 4 of our 5 goals here. Gerson scored with 2 screamers while Mladenovic came off the bench to become our youngest ever goalscorer on his debut aged 15 years and 329 days.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Erakovic), Duric, Pavlovic*, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson (Melovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Lazetic (Mladenovic), Hlozek

We hardly ever get anybody sent-off but Marko Grujic did so here. Thankfully he had already scored a goal so I am not too upset! Young Dorde Melovic came off the bench to make his debut here.

--

milan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Erakovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Obradovic, Vidosavljevic, Lazetic (Mladenovic)

Naturally I am delighted with us getting a point at the San Siro but considering we were 2-0 up I am a tad disappointed. We still top the group however. This result actually comes as a big surprise as I was missing no less than 8 players for this fixture.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Petrovic (Melovic), Gerson*, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Deric), Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Once again we get the end result that our play deserved but not the amount of goals. This time we had 2 goals disallowed to complain about!

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round

trayal.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Erakovic (Despotovski), Witt, Propadalo, Jevremovic*, Petrovic (Shemvuni), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Neoricic), Lazetic, Mladenovic

I played my backups here and they did me proud. To be fair in Rajkovic, Petrovic, Shemvuni, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic and Lazetic I had full internationals out there so a victory was expected. 15y/o striker, Filip Mladenovic, scored twice which was nice while Witt made his debut.

--

SUMMARY

Another strong month and we are still unbeaten this season and have a 100% record in the league which is quite impressive considering the amount of injuries that we have had!

Domestically we thrashed Radnik Surdulica before going on to defeat Novi Pazar and Vojvodina in the league and our lead is now up to 10pts while we also progressed in the Serbian Cup by beating Trayal thanks to a brace from my latest discovery, 15y/o striker Filip Mladenovic.

In the Champions League we thrashed Club Brugge 5-2 away from home with Adam Hlozek helping himself to 4 of the goals and then we went to AC Milan and led 2-0 but ultimately ended up drawing 2-2 but we still top the group although 3 teams sit on 5pts with 3 games to go. It is going to be tight!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARKO JEVREMOVIC
jevremovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
oct.png

--

1620839525318.png

SERBIA

UEFA Nations League Division C Group 2
macedonia.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Maras, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic*, Obradovic (Derlek), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

A stunning victory.

We were terrific and if we had won 18-1 it wouldnt have been undeserved as we tore North Macedonia apart. We hit the woodwork several times and missed so many other chances. Armin Derlek of Sivasspor came off the bench to make his international debut.

--

kaz.png

Lineup
-Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Maras, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic*, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Obradovic (Derlek), Radonjic, Jovic

In our 4 group matches we have now scored 23 goals which is pretty special. We netted 5 here with Radonjic grabbing 2 and Kikic scoring yet again.

1620848022193.png

NOVEMBER

ac milan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic*), Obradovic (Deric), Radonjic, Hlozek

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

A marvellous result this! We fell behind in the 5th minute but levelled immediately through Hlozek and Gerson put us in front before half-time. They levelled in the 2nd half but when Kikic picked up a knock I put on Vidosavljevic and he scored twice to give us a memorable victory as we take charge of the group.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pankov, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Melovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Lazetic), Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek*

A superb hat-trick in the first 20min from Adam Hlozek gave us the victory here as we walked over Zlatibor. We should have got more goals as usual but after our heroics against AC Milan I will let them off.

--

6-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pankov (Erakovic), Ristic, Grujic (Melovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric*, Radonjic, Lazetic (Mladenovic)

A superb victory with the brilliant Igor Deric scoring a hat-trick this time. He has cemented the AMC position for both club and country now. Lazetic came into the side and was shocking. He has requested a transfer, missed training and I can see him moving on sooner or later.

--

fcp.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Erakovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Jevremovic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Vidosavljevic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

This draw ensures our qualification into the next round and a win at home against Brugge will win us the group however I am not happy at drawing 2-2 having been 2-0 up against 10 men! If we had held on the group would have been secured and the extra £1.8m would have been nice!

--

2-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Ristic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Hlozek*

A boring win. 2 goals for Hlozek and a rare start for 16y/o Propadalo. Thats it lol.

--

SUMMARY

We keep on trucking!!! We won all 3 league games without conceding a goal and even managed to smash 6 goals past Backa but as ever it is in the Champions League where our real focus was as the league takes care of itself really. We got a tremendous 4-2 victory at home over AC Milan and we secured our place in the knockout stages - and another £8.5m - by drawing 2-2 away to FC Porto but I was disappointed with that result as we were 2-0 up against 10 men.

My board have upped my transfer budget as with 1 win in the Champions League we more than cover our wage bill by about £500,000 so our bank balance has been continually rising and at the moment the balance is £81.5m so they have now said that I can spend £55m on transfers.

Now if I just arrived at the club, not knowing what happened beforehand I would spend that money in a shot but I am not about to up my transfer record from £10m to £40m say. Making things hard for myself arent I?!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
ah.png

--

SUPER LIGA
NOV.png

--

1620848147172.png

SERBIA

4-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Milic), Pavlovic, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric*, Radonjic (Zivkovic), Jovic

This win secures our promotion up to the next level for the next competition. Ifor Deric assisted 3 goals in a standout performance while Jovic had a goal disallowed to deny him his hat-trick. I handed a debut to Leipzig's Danijel Milic as Germany were sniffing around him to make him play for them.

--

nm.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Pavlovic, Milenkovic, Milic, Maksimovic (Racic), Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), V.Vlahovic*, Deric (Obradovic), Zivkovic, Jovic

We wrap up the group with a 5-0 win which means we have scored 32 goals in all 6 games and naturally won all 5 fixtures. Vanja Vlahovic scored a hat-trick to get his first goals for his country while Andrija Zivkovic returned to the squad and grabbed a brace. North Macedonia have conceded 16 goals in the group with 13 scored by us!

group.png

That Barcelona result should make Europe take notice. Did Partizan manage any group participation?

No - they ended up in the Conference League. It was Vojvodina who were in the Champions League but they failed at the first hurdle.

This season Partizan reached the Europa League group stage but are already out

1620933619330.png

DECEMBER

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
9-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Erakovic, Duric, Propadalo (Pankov), Jevremovic, Petrovic, Melovic (Ilic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Lazetic*, Mladenovic

Unbelievable.

I put in several of my youngsters here and they were brilliant as we scored 9 goals to take us into the quarter-finals. Lazetic got 4, Mladenovic 3 and Vidosavljevic 2 as we put in a world class performance. I am just disappointed that we didnt hit double figures!

--

club.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Pankov (Despotovski), Propadalo, Jevremovic, Petrovic (Shemvuni), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Ilic), Radonjic*, Hlozek

Another huge victory and another one in the Champions League as we win the group. We banged in 6 goals here with Radonjic following the trend of my players getting a hat-trick while Melovic scored his first goal for the club with a superb strike. They had 2 goals disallowed which showed the openness of the game. To score 6 in the Champions League while resting 6 players is quite something too!

--

5-2.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Pankov), Ristic, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek

Our excellent run of form continues as we thrash Partizan in the eternal derby. No hat-tricks here but Hlozek's penalty means that we have scored 7 penalties in our last 6 league games!!!

--

4-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic, Gerson (Melovic), Kikic*, Deric, Vidosavljevic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Yet another penalty but no hat-trick this time as Hlozek and Kikic got doubles each. This match ends 2024 so we now go into the 2 month winter break.

--

SUMMARY

We were on fire this month as we averaged 6 goals a game!!!! We kicked off the month by thrashing Radnik Surdulica (a top division side remember) 9-0 in the cup with a weakened side. It was a truly remarkable performance as Lazetic scored 4, Mladenovic 3 and Vidosavljevic 2. In the league we had the Eternal Derby and Partizan Belgrade were thumped 5-2 and then Indija were despatched 4-0. Our lead is reduced to 8pts in the league but that is only because we have 2 games in hand.

In the Champions League we smashed 6 past Club Brugge to win our Champions League group and as a result we were seeded for the draw and have been given Atalanta in the next round which I feel is a decent draw for us.
table.png

We now go into the long, long winter break anticipating a load of transfer bids for my players but I am content with my squad and unless silly money comes in for one of my players nobody will be moving.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
kikic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
DEC.png

1621012229915.png

JANUARY

There was me predicting a quiet transfer window -WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that my players exploits in the Champions League has attracted suitors from all over the globe! Here are bids that got rejected -

Wague (£23m)
Kikic (£21m)
Hlozek (£20m)
Dimarco (£13m)
Grujic (£12m)
Gerson (£12m)
Lazetic (£10m - accepted but he rejected)
Deric (£8m)
Duric (£7m)
Vidosavljevic (£6m)
Melovic (£5m)

So not a lot of bids lol!!!!!

I did however succumb to bids for 2 players including a wonderkid. Firstly Radovan Pankov has left us to join Wuhan for £5.5m (£6.25m). He was just about to turn 30, was no longer first choice and he was hindering Propadalo at CB so when I received the bid and negotiated it upwards I was happy for him to go. He made 203 apps for me and scored 17 goals.

The wonderkid that left was Fred Shemvuni who joined Juventus for £5m (£11.5m). I signed him on a free and he has only made 4 substitute appearances for me so it is a great deal even though I know he will go on to be a terrific player. The problem was that he was my 5th choice CM and as a foreigner his opportunities were seriously limited so it made good sense for me to sell him.

I did make 1 signing! With Pankov gone I needed either a RB or a CB and I ended up plumping for a short term option at RB as I paid just £165,000 to BATE Borisov for Aleksandar Filipovic. I dont normally sign players who are aged 30 but needs must!
FILIPOVIC.png

I have reached a tricky position regarding transfers. The quality of Serbian players that are willing to come to me are just not good enough. Sure I could spend £25m or so on Maksimovic to replace Pankov but there are very little cheap options out there. I did agree a £5m deal for a young defender from Cukaricki but I am wanting to promote Propadalo so that was cancelled. My one hope is that yet again we are expecting another golden generation coming in March so hopefully that works out.

Federico Dimarco is back fit so that is like a new signing lol​

1621013532248.png

FEBRUARY

spartak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson (Melovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Ilic), Radonjic, Hlozek

We return from the winter break in fine style. Dimarco returned to the side and was in imperious form as he assisted 2 goals. Hlozek missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick and after 7 consecutive league games with a converted penalty that run ends but he has scored a double in our last 4 league fixtures! Radonjic also had a goal disallowed.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Dimarco, Grujic*, Gerson (Petrovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic, Hlozek (Lazetic)

MARKO GRUJIC YOU ABSOLUTE HERO!!!!!

We were facing defeat here as against the run of play (naturally) we were 1-0 down and then the referee sent one of their players off and then we stepped up to the plate. Radonjic bundled home a leveller and then Lazetic had one disallowed but then in the last minute of stoppage time Grujic fired in an effort from 30 yards in off the post to give us the victory which keeps up our 100% record in the league.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

We got back in amongst the goals here as we scored 5. Hlozek got back to scoring 2 goals, we got another penalty (11 converted ones this season in the league) and overall it was a good day for the club.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco (Ristic), Petrovic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic*, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek (Mladenovic)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We once again wont get a 100% record in the league as Proleter somehow hold out here. Even despite the referee trying to help us by sending a man off we still couldnt find the winner and tbh I am gutted. Maybe next year?

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
atalanta.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco (Ristic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson*, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

QUARTER-FINALS HERE WE COME!!!!!

Sure it is not confirmed but with our home record and by the fact that we have managed to plunder 6 goals away from home then surely we will reach unchartered territory. We were excellent apart from a 15min spell in the 2nd half when they pulled 2 goals back but we responded by firing 3 more in ourselves. A wonderous performance!

--

SUMMARY

The winter break is over and the football is back! Alas this month saw us drop our first points of the season against Proleter which is ****** annoying and leaves me wondering if we will ever win 37 out of 37 league games?

That disappointment was short lived however as we went on to thrash Atalanta 6-2 in the Champions League so we are all but into the quarter-finals for the first time and of course that will come with a huge financial boost and hopefully an increase to our reputation.

Next month I get to see how good our new golden generation of youth players are going to be!!! I cant complain so far as Obradovic, Deric and Propadalo have already made the first team squad while there are several other bubbling underneath.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MILUTIN VIDOSAVLJEVIC
VIDOSAVLJEVIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
FEB.png

1621060445581.png

MARCH

metalac.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco*, Petrovic (Melovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Mladenovic), Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek

A comfortable win with another double for Hlozek and another penalty! Filipovic scored his first goal which was a big surprise since he has just arrived as a bit part player.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Mladenovic), Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

I would say that we were pathetic here but we werent. 33 shots on goal, 15 on target over 3 expected goals. We did everything but score!!!!

--

surdulica.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco (Ristic), Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

We bounce back with a fine victory and it could have been more as Radonjic had a hat-trick goal disallowed and Hlozek missed a penalty.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
macva.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek*

Well we didnt struggle here!!! Tbh it wasnt until midway through the first half that I realised that Macva were in the 2nd division and I should really have played my backups. Hey ho.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Filipovic, Propadalo, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric, Radonjic, Lazetic (Mladenovic)

We didnt have our shooting boots on here but that wasnt helped by the fact that Hlozek got injured in training during the week. Kikic returned from injury though.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
1-2.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Propadalo (Erakovic), Ristic, Petrovic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Obradovic (Ilic), Lazetic, Mladenovic

Meh. With us being through pretty much I decided to field a weakened side and we did pretty well and didnt deserve to lose in truth but we did and that is our first defeat in all competitions this season. At 16 years and 128 days Filip Mladenovic becomes the youngest ever Champions League goalscorer.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric*, Radonjic, Lazetic (Mladenovic) (Obradovic)

My strikers are dropping like flies at the moment as both Lazetic and Mladenovic picked up injuries here. Igor Deric was the star man though with 2 goals as we beat the team placed 2nd in the table.

--

SUMMARY

We had 2 disappointments this month. Firstly the 0-0 draw in the league against Mladost and secondly our 2-1 defeat at home to Atalanta which was our first defeat of the entire season to date. It is all relative however as we got other great results including a 8-1 victory over Macva in the Serbian Cup. Our 3-0 victory away to Vojvodina was also pleasing as it meant that we increased our lead at the top of the table.

In the Champions League we will play Tottenham Hotspur in the quarter-finals which is a tricky draw but by no means impossible. They currently sit in 4th place in the Premier League.

The new golden generation of youth intake players was a tad disappointing although there was a decent keeper there.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IGOR DERIC
DERIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MARCH.png

--

1621060626513.png

SERBIA

Friendly
hungary.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Pavlovic, Milenkovic, Ristic, Grujic*, Milinkovic-Savic (Racic), V.Vlahovic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Joveljic (Stevanovic)

Not bad. I rested a couple of players here for the Germany qualifier and we only lost our way after I made a bunch of subs.

--

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers Group H
germany.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Milic), Pavlovic, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

I couldnt believe what I was seeing when we were 4-0 up! It really was an incredibly open game and both sides probably could have won it. We were ruthless up front however and Rajkovic was immense in goal. With Denmark also in the group qualification will be tricky so this is a huge result for us.

1621067423888.png

APRIL

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic (Obradovic), Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek

This game came just a couple of days after Serbia's game with Germany so my players were ****** tbh but we still managed to grind out a convincing victory which was pleasing.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Ristic, Grujic (Melovic), Gerson (Ilic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Cepzanovic), Hlozek*, Mladenovic

Back to back 3-0 wins against Cukaricki! I rested several players for the upcoming game against Spurs but it didnt seem to have any negative effect on events. Propadalo had a goal disallowed and Cepzanovic made his debut. This was our final game before the league split.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
spurs.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Dimarco*, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

I am happy with this scoreline but at the same time we really should have won the match but we missed a load of chances.

--

5-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Dimarco*, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

We seal the championship in fine style by trouncing our nearest "challengers". We surged into a 4 goal lead and got a 5th in the 2nd half and also Radonjic hit the post with a penalty.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
3-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson, Kikic, Deric (Petrovic), Radonjic, Hlozek*

SEMI-FINALS HERE WE COME!!!!!

Adam Hlozek scored a fantastic hat-trick to propel us into the semis as we dump out Spurs. When they pulled a goal back to 2-1 they just needed another goal to knock us out but Hlozek went up the other end to score the clinching goal.

Man City will be our opponents in the semis.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco (Ristic), Grujic, Petrovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Gerson, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek*

Adam Hlozek is on fire as he smashed in an amazing 4 goals to defeat Radnicki here. He has 36 league goals and now 51 for the season.

-

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
partizan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco*, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Hlozek

Wonderful!!! We are on fire at the moment and smashed 5 goals past Partizan Belgrade to reach the Serbian Cup final. Hlozek couldnt quite get a hat-trick this time though!

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Propadalo, Dimarco (Ristic), Grujic (Melovic), Petrovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Gerson, Radonjic, Hlozek

A stoppage time winner from Nemanja Radonjic gave us all 3pts here. Vidosavljevic had had an effort disallowed moments earlier so we got what we deserved in the end.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
man city.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Melovic (Ilic), Kikic, Gerson (Majkic), Vidosavljevic (Lazetic), Hlozek

A terrific result. I was hoping to take Man City back to the Marakana with a shot at qualifying so I am delighted to go into the 2nd leg with a narrow advantage. When you consider that we were without Petrovic, Obradovic, Deric and Radonjic it makes the result even more special!

--

SUMMARY

What a month this was. Domestically we secured the title by beating Vojvodina 5-0 to win it with 6 games to play. We followed that up by putting 4 past Radnicki and then scoring a last minute goal to defeat Partizan in the Eternal derby. Vojvodina will be our opponents in the Serbian Cup final as we humiliated Partizan 5-1 in the semis which was a standout result but not the only one this month.

Thats because our efforts in the Champions League have been nothing short of spectacular. We knocked out Spurs by drawing 1-1 away before putting them in their place by 3 goals to 1 in the 2nd leg and that set up a tie against Man City in the semis and we got a 1-1 draw away from home so all we need is one strong performance to get a result in the 2nd leg at home to somehow reach the final.

FIngers, legs, everything is crossed!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM HLOZEK
hlozek.png

--

SUPER LIGA
april.png

1621086903853.png

MAY

6-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Filipovic, Erakovic, Propadalo, Ristic (Jevremovic), Ilic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Majkic, Lazetic (Krstic), Mladenovic*

I rested my first choice players for the huge game coming up and my backups did a great job. 16y/o striker Mladenovic stole the show with 4 goals while another 16y/o, Majkic, who made his debut against Man City scored his first goal for the club. Vladimir Krstic came off the bench to make his debut at 15 years and 158 days and becomes the clubs youngest ever player.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
city.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric*, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic (Melovic), Gerson, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Petrovic), Radonjic, Hlozek

WE ARE IN THE FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am amazed that we have managed to reach the final but do you know what? WE ****** WELL DESERVE IT!!! We were fantastic here and after an even first half we put them to the sword in the 2nd half and could have scored much more. Radonjic had a goal disallowed before Kikic chipped their keeper only for the ball to rebound off the post, off Ruben Dias and into the net. Minutes later Duric doubled our lead and that was enough to see us through.

AMAZING!!!!!

We have also qualified for the Club World Cup by reaching the final so that is pretty special too!

--

4-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Filipovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic (Petrovic), Gerson (Melovic), Kikic*, Obradovic, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Mladenovic

I rested a couple of players here as with 2 cup finals upcoming I dont want to needlessly risk anyone. We won at a canter and Kikic scored a superb goal for his 2nd.

-

novi sad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Propadalo, Pavlovic, Dimarco*, Grujic (Melovic), Petrovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic (Lazetic), Hlozek

Another great performance as we hit 5 past Proleter who were the first side to get any points off us this season. I will play my backups for the final league game of the season - they better not get beat!

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Copic, Tosic, Erakovic, Propadalo, Ristic*, Petrovic (Ilic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Majkic), Lazetic, Mladenovic (Cepzanovic)

We manage to end the season unbeaten with this win. Propadalo and Erakovic had goals disallowed so it could have been more.

--

Kup Srbije Final
7-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Mladenovic), Hlozek*

Not a bad way to win a cup final!!!

We humiliated Vojvodina here as we racked up 7 goals to win the cup and more importantly - nobody got injured!!! Hlozek grabbed a hat-trick to get the MOM award while it was a nice touch for Mladenovic to round things off.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
bayern.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Petrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

Heartbroken.

I dont think I have ever been so gutted to lose a game in football manager in all my 25 years in playing the game. We were 2-0 up probably against the run of play at half-time and I was in a conundrum. Shut up shop and risk the positive momentum or carry on. I decided to keep going on for 20min but by that time we were 3-2 down and we couldnt get back into it.

Apparently their managers half-time team talk made the difference.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Typing this minutes after losing the Champions League final - god its tough. On one hand I should be pointing out that we blitzed everyone domsetically including a 7-1 victory in the Serbian Cup final over Vojvodina and also that we beat Man City 2-0 to reach the Champions League final however it was the final that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

We were 2-0 up at half-time against Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp and had 1 had on the trophy yet we lost the final when Bayern scored 3 goals in 15min and we just couldnt claw them back.

End of season post to follow - probably later on tonight.

Cant describe how gutted I am!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREJ DURIC
DURIC.png

**** what the shame that Red Star lost to CL Final but im so happy that Red Star making it to Final in CL,How Partizan was doing in Conference league did they make it to final or not,how the serbia in european ranking is doing,does that mean Serbia could get 2 teams in group stage of CL 1 team in EL Group stage and 1 Team going to ECL Play-off

1621103921483.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

WHAT

A

SEASON!!!!!!!

In 54 games we only lost 2 which was just incredible and we all know what the 2nd defeat was!

We were once again unbeaten in the league, drawing 2 games, scoring 125 goals and winning it by 29 points ahead of Partizan Belgrade. We won the first 32 games of the seaosn before Proleter held us and then just 2 games later we were held again by Mladost and they even kept a clean sheet against us. Hlozek bagged 36 goals in 31 league appearances and if I hadnt dropped him for a few games at the end of the season I am confident he would have beaten the record by Matias Arezo who scored 40.

In the Serbian Cup we were ridiculous. We beat non league side Trayal 3-0 in the first round and that was the smallest winning margin that we had. Radnik were trounced 9-0, Macva 8-1, Partizan 5-1 and then in the final we humiliated Vojvodina 7-1. I have just realised that we always thumped Vojvodina who had a decent season because they loaned 6 layers from us so because they couldnt play against us we were basically playing their backups.

Now for the Champions League..............

We started off in the 3rd qualifying round and knocked out Qarabag and then Zenit to reach the group stages. We were then drawn against AC Milan, FC Porto and Club Brugge and we won the group, undefeated, and we put 6 past Club Brugge twice and 4 past AC Milan at home. Next up was Atalanta in the knockouts and after thrashing them 6-2 away we lost 2-1 at home which was our first defeat of the season but I played my backups and in hindsight I regret that tbh.

Next up was Spurs and we drew 1-1 away before Adam Hlozek scored a hat-trick to defeat them 3-1 at home to send us into the semis where we played Man City and once again we drew 1-1 away and then miraculously we beat them 2-0 to see us into the final. There we played Bayern Munich and heartbreakingly we threw away a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2. I am still gutted at that result as to win it within 5 seasons would probably be my greatest FM achievement considering the squad that I have at my disposal.

Still gutted 6 hours later lol.

Shout out to my B team who won the 2nd division!

--

SUPER LIGA

FINAL.png

--

SQUAD

SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - Rajkovic, who has just signed a new contract, had another exceptional season and he only missed 3 games - the first 2 league matches and the last one! Marko Copic came in for him and deputised quite well.

Defenders - Moussa Wague had another outstanding season at RB and there is nobody near him in that position. Radovan Pankov filled in before he was sold and then I brought in a cheap replacement in Filipovic to give him an Indian summer moment in his career. I have just realised that I can bring in a foreign backup RB as if Wague (as a foreigner) cant play then another can replace him!!!!!!

At LB Federico Dimarco was out injured until February but he arguably was our best player upon his return. Assists galore and the odd goal he really was a standout player. Mihailo Ristic was brought in in the summer to cover for him and he was also immense as was Jevremovic who was an able deputy.

I broke the transfer record to bring Pavlovlc to the club for £13.5m and he and Duric had a great partnership at CB. Duric netted 8 goals while Pavlovic was just class and earned his money considering he is on double the amount of our next best paid player at £77,000 a week. Propadalo was given more of a chance and he was amazing at just 17y/o he has a huge future ahead of him.

Midfielders
- Grujic and Gerson were once again our first choice CMs. Both did well but Gerson's goals dropped a little which was a disappointment. Covering for them were Petrovic and Melovic mainly and they got plenty of opportunities to impress.

At AMC I started the season with an open mind but Igor Deric started the season and was immense. 21 goals and 14 assists goes to show how good he was and PSG are sniffing around him so I have a battle on my hands to keep him. Miodrag Obradovic was the other AMC and he impressed but I wish he would score more. On the LW Nemanja Radonjic had a good season but he dropped off from last season which is not to say that he had a poor season.

Zeljko Kikic was a revelation both for club and country. He netted 20 goals and is one of the first names on the team sheet on the RW. Milutin Vidosavljevic was his backup and for Radonjic and he also did brilliantly as he got back in amongst the goals and assists after having a quiet season last term.

Forwards - Adam Hlozek!!!!! 56 goals says it all and considering he is a natural left winger and playing out of position it makes what he did all the more remarkable. Lazetic started the season as his main backup but he was terrible and then halfway through the season 15y/o Mladenovic came into the first team squad and he scored on his debut and ended up with 12 goals.

My Player of the Year
- Adam Hlozek
My Young Player of the Year - Igor Deric
Must Improve - Marko Lazetic
Donkey of the Year - Ivan Ilic

--

SUMMER PLANS

The bank balance is £143m - my transfer budget is £140m - I could really revolution the side but I can only field 4 foreigners. Or I could spend the money and have a Champions League team full of EU players and a domestic team full of foreigners!!! I am committed to growing this club naturally though so I cant envisage us spending £70m, which astonishingly is just half of my budget, in the next 15 years or so lol.

We will have the Club World Cup which will be a good experience and tbh although I know that every single one of my players can be improved, I am happy with what I have got!!!!

--

1621109615086.png

SERBIA

denmark.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Pavlovic*, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic (Joveljic)

I am overjoyed with this win. Having beaten Germany at home this was a true test to where we are at and we did the job. Pavlovic scored the winner but we could have scored a couple more and we head into the next fixture (also against Denmark) high in confidence.

--

2-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Duric, Milenkovic, Ristic, Maksimovic*, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic, Jovic

MAKSIMOVIC!!!!

In reality his late goal should at least secure 2nd spot in the group as we defeat Denmark back to back. We were terrific here and the scoreline doesnt do justice as to how good we were. We have now won 3 out of 3 and have yet to play the minnows of the group.

**** what the shame that Red Star lost to CL Final but im so happy that Red Star making it to Final in CL,How Partizan was doing in Conference league did they make it to final or not,how the serbia in european ranking is doing,does that mean Serbia could get 2 teams in group stage of CL 1 team in EL Group stage and 1 Team going to ECL Play-off

Partizan got to the Europa League group stage but finished bottom.

The Super Liga has risen 6 places to 8th in the leagues ranking list.

Red Star are ranked 14th in the club rankings

Serbia are ranked 37th so in one season I have taken them up 10 places.

And news just in - we will always have group stage football (for now anyway)
#.png

1621147605150.png

JUNE/JULY

Not going to do a pre-season post this time as we are playing continuously!

--

FIFA Club World Cup Group E

FLAMENGO.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Dimarco, Grujic, Gerson (Melovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic*, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

We start the tournament (and our season) with a comprehensive victory over Flamengo. If the scoreline was 12-0 it wouldnt have flattered us in all honesty as we were excellent. Unfortunately Kikic got injured and will be out for 3-4 weeks so his tournament is over.

--

FIFA Club World Cup Group E
pachuca.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Erakovic, Propadalo, Dimarco, Jevremovic, Petrovic, Melovic (Ilic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic*, Lazetic, Hlozek (Mladenovic)

This win secures our place in the quarter-finals but my players are ****** so I cant see us winning the tournament at all!

--

FIFA Club World Cup Quarter-Final
bayern.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Grujic (Ilic), Gerson (Melovic), Vidosavljevic (Hlozek), Deric, Radonjic, Mladenovic

My players were dead on their feet so we were never going to win here. At least it was respectable scoreline wise but the performance was awful.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Pete), Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic*, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

Partizan Belgrade away is a tough fixture to open the season with so I am happy with the win. Radonjic blasted a penalty wide before Obradovic put us ahead and then Wague blasted in the 2nd goal with a great finish. They pulled a goal back late on but we got the win. Rogerio made his debut and was very poor while Pete also made his first appearance.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric*

We win the match but the performance wasnt acceptable really and we better improve!

--

SUMMARY

Ignore the matches - this summary is all about transfers. I have had such a busy summer and with a month to go in the window there could be more changes to come. 3 first teamers have gone and 1 squad player and in all I have recouped £71m but for once I have decided to splash the cash and I have spent £46m!!!!

Here are the outgoings...........
out.png

Shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam Hlozek is gone after I got a bid that I just couldnt afford to turn down from Leipzig. It is a huge profit considering I paid £67,000 for him and recouped £44.5m plus future clauses. He made 132 apps for me and scored 119 goals which is pretty amazing considering he was a left winger playing up front! Like Matias Arezo before him - I wish him all the best.

Federico Dimarco has also moved on as he returns to Italy to join Juventus for an initial £16m. I paid £6.5m to bring him to the club and once again I felt like I couldnt turn down the offer despite him being one of my best players. He made 110 appearances, scored 18 goals and assisted 60 goals and was MOM 31 times!!!!! He was unhappy with me rejecting offers for him so I felt it was the right time to move him on.

Gerson is the final first choice player that I moved on. I only recouped half the money that I paid for him but that is fine. After a rocky start he became one of my star players but I decided to move him on as I cant hold Melovic back any longer. That being said I went in for 2 amazing wonderkids but 1 joined Sevilla and the other joined Man Utd so Melovic will get his big chance. Anywho Gerson scored 18 goals in 123 apps for me.

Mihailo Ristic left to join Rennes for £3.5m. I got him on a free and he just had last season with us but he did great but once again he was unhappy although that was because I didnt play him in the role that he wanted so I moved him on. Stoisavljevic was on loan to Vojvodina and the deal included a £1.1m fee which was activated in the summer.

Now for the incomings.........
in.png

I broke the clubs transfer record to bring Filip Stevanovic back to the club from Man City for £17m. I needed another left winger and the fact that he can play AMC naturally too is a bonus. He will mainly push Radonjic for his place in the team though.
stevanovic.png

With an offer in for Dimarco I made moves to replace him and I spent £15m on Rogerio of Borussia Dortmund. He is super quick and should be a great player for us for a year or two.
rogerio.png

I needed a new backup RB so I spent £12.75m to bring in Brazilian wonderkid Pete. I figured that I could bring in a foreign RB as cover for Wague as Wague is foreign himself! lol. He will surely be Wague's replacement in the long run and I have high hopes for him.
pete.png

Giovanni Lo Celso joined us on a free transfer from Spurs and I am delighted with this deal. He could replace Gerson in midfield but at the same time he will also compete for the AMC spot. At 29y/o he is slightly older than my usual age of signings but to get him on a free was too good a deal to turn down.
lo celso.png

One of my long term fanciful targets was always Svetozar Markovic and I am overjoyed to bring him in to the club on loan. I can make it permanent if I bid £25m but he isnt interested at the moment unfortunately. I didnt really need a new first choice RB or CB but I just had to sign him!!!!
markovic.png

Bogdanovic and Grisales are prospects. Bogdanovic is in the U19 squad while Grisales has been loaned out.
bogdanovic.png
grisales.png

So there you have it!!!!!

Now I have several decisions to make. Where will Markovic play? Where will Lo Celso play? Who will replace Hlozek? Tbh I think I will move Deric to be my striker so the AMC position then becomes open. I do have my eyes on another striker however he isnt interested infuriatingly.

1621160037319.png

AUGUST

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic*, Deric (Mladenovic)

A good win. Kikic and Deric both scored with headers and Radonjic got a brace. Obradovic went off injured late on and will be out for 5-6 weeks which is a blow.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
lech.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic, Stevanovic*, Radonjic, Deric

Filip Stevanovic was wonderful here as he assisted both of Deric's goals and then grabbed a goal for himself to boot. We go into the 2nd leg with one foot in the next round.

--

surdulica.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Pete), Grujic*, Melovic, Kikic, Stevanovic, Radonjic, Deric (Lazetic)

A good win but it should have been more as Radonjic missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick while Lazetic had a goal disallowed late on.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
poznan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Rogerio, Petrovic, Melovic*, Vidosavljevic, Stevanovic, Radonjic, Deric (Lazetic)

I am not happy with this result. We didnt play well but still had over 20 shots on goal while they scored with their only shot on goal. Too many players had shockers including Stevanovic and I expect much more.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Duric, Rogerio (Jevremovic), Grujic, Melovic, Kikic*, Stevanovic (Lazetic), Radonjic, Deric

Thats better! A comfortable 4-0 win but we still arent at our best. Rogerio is really struggling at left back while Stevanovic also had another poor game. Melovic scored with a stunning long range effort from 35 yards.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
molde.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Stevanovic (Mladenovic), Radonjic (Lazetic), Deric*

Another shameful performance. We were terrible and sure we didnt get beat and got 2 away goals but we should be ripping sides like Molde apart. We have gone from Champions League runners-up to not being able to beat a Norwegian team.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic*, Stevanovic (Mladenovic), Radonjic, Deric

No problems it seems domestically as we smash 6 past Radnicki. Deric got a hat-trick, Radonjic a brace but it was Kikic who was the main man as he scored the 6th goal but also assisted 3 others.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 2nd Leg
5-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic*, Melovic (Petrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Stevanovic, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

We reach the group stages with a fine victory. Grujic scored the goal of the game while Vidosavljevic had one chalked off. Partizan Belgrade have also reached the group stages so the money involved should help them improve.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic*, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Stevanovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Deric

Igor Deric seems to be enjoying himself up front as he scored 2 more here. He has 9 goals in 7 games in the league so if he keeps that average up then I will be very happy!

--

SUMMARY

August was a hectic month that is for sure as we crammed in 9 matches and that is just the on field matters that I had to deal with! In the league we are looking really good as we have won our opening 7 games with 5 of them being played here.

In the Champions League we have reached the group stages but our performances werent quite at the standard that I expect. We beat Lech Poznan away easily enough but then we inexplicably drew 1-1 at home which was not acceptable. We then went on to draw 2-2 away to Molde with another poor performance although we did thump them in the 2nd leg and we have been given a not bad group alongside Atletico Madrid, Atalanta and Zenit St.Petersburg.
1621170197801.png
1621170263429.png
1621170279159.png
1621170295083.png

I trimmed my squad a bit during the month as 2 defenders left the club. Erakovic (£875,000) and Filipovic (loan) both joined Vojvodina to join several other of my players who are on loan there. This summer they have signed 3 players permanently and loaned 6 from us including Stankovic, Mitrovic, Witt and Neoricic so I will be watching their games closely. Erakovic was a hot prospect but never kicked on and he made 87 apps for me, scoring 3 goals.

I had plenty of other offers for my players. Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich were in for Kikic, PSG bid for Propadalo and one of my other youngsters, Man Utd offered me £22m for Deric and Juventus was in for Wague. There was no incomings.

I am eager to see how we will play when I can get everyone fit. Rogerio is no Dimarco at left back but Melovic has impressed in CM but I think it all depends on Lo Celso. With Melovic starting so well I think I will have to play Lo Celso at AMC and I expect him to find Serbian football a piece of cake but it is in Europe where we really need him to shine.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IGOR DERIC
DERIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
AUG.png

1621170867183.png

SEPTEMBER

proleter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic*, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric

We welcomed back Obradovic back to the side after injury and he played well as we won 3-0 here. Markovic got his first goal for the club and then Igor Deric helped himself to another couple.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
zenit.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic*, Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric (Mladenovic)

Zenit are the weakest team in the group so it was essential that we defeated them and we did just that. Young Mladenovic came off the bench to grab the winner which could already prove to be vital as Atletico and Atalanta drew.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Petrovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic*, Deric (Mladenovic)

Another 4 goals were racked up here but I still get the feeling that we could be doing a lot better. Radonjic and Kikic on the wings are on fire just now thats for sure.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic*, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric

A poor performance although we did hit the woodwork a couple of times so it could so easily have been more comfortable.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic (Petrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic (Lo Celso), Stevanovic*, Deric

Lo Celso finally made his debut here as he returned from injury. We scored 3 but both Melovic and Deric had goals disallowed.

--

atletico.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Pete, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Petrovic, Kikic, Obradovic (Lo Celso), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric (Mladenovic)

For 83min here we were awful and didnt even have a shot on target but Lo Celso came off the bench to score twice and it looked like that we were going to get an unlikely draw but they scored in stoppage time to break our hearts.

--

SUMMARY

This month was very much like the last one tbh. We won every match in the league but I still feel that we can do much better which is weird saying that considering we are 8pts clear already this season!

In the Champions League we laboured to a 2-1 win over Zenit but then against Atletico Madrid we lost 3-2 after battling back from 2-0 down only to throw the game away in extra-time. Last season we were runners-up in the Champions League but going by how we are playing this season we will be nowhere near there this season.

I suppose given the fact that I have 3 or 4 new first choice players this season that it will take a while for performances to reach last seasons levels and the fact that most of them dont speak the language will also have an effect.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SVETOZAR MARKOVIC
markovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
sept.png

--

1621170929680.png

SERBIA

israel.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic, Maras, Ristic, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic (Zivkovic), Joveljic

Kikic loves playing for Serbia! He is only 19y/o but he has 12 goals in 10 caps from the RW!!! Joveljic recently completed a £55m transfer to Bayern Munich and he had 1 goal and also had 1 disallowed.

--

lithuania.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Duric, Maras, Ristic, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic* (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (Joveljic)

5 wins out of 5 as yet again Kikic was the star man with another 2 goals. Joveljic had one chalked off.

1621179132440.png

OCTOBER

sct.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic (Lo Celso), Kikic*, Obradovic, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Mladenovic

5 goals from 5 different goalscorers! Deric is injured so Mladenovic came into the side and he put us in front early doors. He has a big future at the club and if his finishing attribute was a bit better he would probably be playing every week!

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic, Deric

Metalac went into this game unbeaten but this is where their run ends as we just edge them out. We were 2-0 up and cruising but then threw our lead away but fortunately Obradovic struck to give us all 3 points.

--

atlanta.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Pete (Propalado), Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Lo Celso), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric

Last season we thrashed Atalanta 6-2 away from home but we only get a draw here which is a tad disappointing. I definitely think that we are a weaker team this season than last.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Propadalo), Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic*, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

Considering Vojvodina were forced to play a weakened side against us because they couldnt play any of our loan players against us I expected a much bigger winning margin but in the end we won it by Obradovic scoring the only goal from a free-kick.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
sloga.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Propadalo, Duric, Jevremovic, Petrovic, Lo Celso*, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic (Krstic), Mladenovic

Sloga are a non league team so I played my backups and they got the win but we should have got double figures.

--

SUMMARY

We are still going well but as I keep saying this season - we could do a helluva lot better!!!!! We get the results but the performances are just not there. Hey ho. We are still suffering from injuries and havent fielded my strongest XI yet this season so we are still waiting on that.

Not much else to say really!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIODRAG OBRADOVIC
obradovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
oct.png

--

1621179220384.png

SERBIA

germany.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Maras, Milenkovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Jovic

We beat Germany 4-2 and they return the compliment here to go top of the group on goal difference. They are 10 goals ahead of us so unless they stumble against Denmark I fear that 2nd place is the best that we are going to get. After 12 wins in a row since my appointment as manager this was our first defeat.

1621274082827.png

NOVEMBER

partizan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Jevremovic), Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic*, Obradovic (Lo Celso), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric

A stunning finish from Igor Deric won us the Eternal Derby here. I know I keep on saying it but we are still miles off where I want us to be and even where we were last season!

--

302.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Propadalo), Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic (Stevanovic), Lo Celso, Radonjic, Deric

We started this game on fire and we were looking unbeatable but from the moment Radonjic had a penalty saved at 3-1 things started to go wrong. They managed to get a goal back but couldnt find the equaliser thankfully. We are 1 win away from qualification.

--

rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Jevremovic, Grujic*, Lo Celso (Petrovic), Kikic (Krstic), Obradovic, Stevanovic, Deric (Mladenovic)

Only a missed penalty from Lo Celso was the negative here. Kikic shouldnt have played but I needed a RW and he repaid me with 2 goals while Krstic came off the bench to get his first goal for the club.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Lo Celso*, Stevanovic (Lazetic), Deric (Mladenovic)

A great result but what a performance from Lo Celso as he played in the AMC position and helped himself to a terrific hat-trick including 2 great goals from outside the area.

--

3-0.png

Lineup
- Copic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Petrovic (Ilic), Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic (Lazetic), Deric*

This win secures our spot in the knockout stages as we easily beat Zenit. Deric was superb and he could have had a hat-trick as he had a goal disallowed while Lo Celso chipped in with another goal.

--

2-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Duric*, Pavlovic (Markovic), Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Lo Celso, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

We dominated this match from start to finish and could have scored a lorry load but alas we had to settle for 2 goals in the end.

--

SUMMARY

We had an excellent month this November as we won every match including a derby victory over Partizan Belgrade, 2 Champions League victories and my Serbian side qualified for the World Cup (which is half a Red Star team lol). We have an astonishing 19pt lead and we are just halfway through the season and we are still on course for winning every league match but we have been here before lol.

In the Champions League we defeated Atalanta and Zenit to qualify for the next round and if we defeat Atletico Madrid in our final group match we will win the group which will be nice but tbh I am not overly fussed as we dont need the money and in reality whoever we get will be favourites more than likely.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIOVANI LO CELSO
lo celso.png

--

SUPER LIGA
NOV.png

--

1621274272019.png

SERBIA

5-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Melovic), Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Zivkovic), Jovic*

A good win with my own player Melovic getting his debut but Germany thumped Denmark 4-0 so it looks like we will finish 2nd on goal difference.

--

lith.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic*, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Melovic), V.Vlahovic, Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (D.Vlahovic)

2026 WORLD CUP HERE WE COME!!!

We end our group with a win but I expected a far bigger winning margin but we qualify as one of the best 2nd placed teams.

Only lost top spot on goal difference..
cup.png

1621359195075.png

DECEMBER

Kup Srbije 2nd Leg
proleter.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Rogerio, Grujic*, Petrovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic (Lazetic), Mladenovic (Deric)

I rested a few players here and it didnt harm us. I would love to play Propadalo and Mladenovic from the start more but other players are just too far ahead of them.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Petrovic (Obradovic), Melovic, Kikic*, Lo Celso, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Deric

A strong performance here as we help ourselves to another 4 goals. Kikic got 2 of them while Wague and Deric chipped in with the others.

--

atletico.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Lo Celso*, Radonjic, Deric

We needed to win to win the group and my players rose to the challenge and easily beat Atletico Madrid. I now fully expect them to get an easy tie and us to get Barcelona lol.

group.png

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Petrovic, Lo Celso, Stevanovic, Obradovic, Lazetic, Deric (Mladenovic) (Cepzanovic)

I ******* HATE SPARTAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This draw makes it 3 seasons that Spartak have been the team to deny us the 100% record. I was missing half a dozen attacking players and when Lazetic missed a penalty and then Deric went off injured I thought it would be one of those days and so it proved to be.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic (Petrovic), Stevanovic*, Lo Celso (Obradovic), Radonjic (Lazetic), Mladenovic

We bounce back after our disappointment in our last match to thrash Indija here. Mladenovic scored a hat-trick but it was Stevanovic who got the MOM award as he assisted 3 goals. We now head into the winter break so dont have a game for 2 months.

--

SUMMARY

December was near perfect but the one sore point will probably be the worst point of our season unless we lose a league game as we drew with Spartak 1-1 so yet again we cannot get a 100% record in the league. Winning 37 out of 37 is almost becoming more important than winning the Champions League at the moment lol!!!!

Speaking of the Champions League we beat Atletico Madrid to win the group and as I called it we got a tough draw against Man Utd while runners-up Atletico got a far easier draw against FC Porto. Having said that we were runners-up last year and beat Man City and Spurs so we shouldnt fear them.

In the World Cup next year my Serbian side have been drawn against Mexico and Iraq so I would like to think that we can get through there although I think Mexico are a host country.

We go into the winter break not expecting much incomings but certainly expecting a lot of bids for my players!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARKO GRUJIC
grujic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
DEC.png

Wow Red star are doing pretty great in competitions and anyways how you are doing are you doing pretty okay