The Quest for European Dominance - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1621403001824.png

FEBRUARY

vozdovac.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic*, Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric (Mladenovic)

We return after 2 months away to thump Vozdovac. Our goals from Grujic and Lo Celso were great finishes while I was pleased to see Mladenovic scoring again - he really does have a big future with us.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic*, Kikic, Lo Celso, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

My 2 CMs, Grujic and Melovic ran this match from start to finish. Melovic assisted 2 and Grujic 1 as their partnership continues to blossom. We may have lost out on Dimarcos incredible assist tally from LB but it seems those numbers have been switched back into midfield!

--

novi pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Duric, Pavlovic*, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso, Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

An easy enough win but I am worried about Igor Deric's loss of form. There was interest in him in January, the same as most of my players, but he is struggling to perform or even find the net in his last few performances.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
man utd.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Pete), Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso (Obradovic), Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

A good result but it should have been better as we were the better side. Radonjic put us in front and we were all over them for the first half hour but they levelled with their first shot on target. David De Gea was the MOM which speaks volumes! Lo Celso went off injured and he will be out for around about a month.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Markovic), Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic*, Obradovic, Radonjic, Deric

Igor Deric got back on the scoresheet here which is pleasing but yet again it was my wingers who really got the job done as they grabbed 3 goals. Kikic is just ridiculous!

--

SUMMARY

Firstly I will go over the on the pitch matters in February before going over the transfer window in January which has some interesting news!!!!

We won all 4 league games on our return to action after the winter break and we were pretty convincing in our victories with Melovic, Grujic, Kikic and Radonjic hitting the ground running. Our lead is 18pts but with us having already failed to win a match we basically have to go through the motions to end the season as yet again it is over by October lol.

In the Champions League we got a great draw away to Manchester United as we got an away goal and as ever I am always confident about playing anyone in the world at home as we hardly ever get beat there so I think it is actually 60-40 in our favour however as I type this I may instantly regret it.

Now for the winter transfer window.......

I received offers for Wague, Pavlovic, Duric, Pete, Melovic, Deric, Radonjic, Vidosavljevic, Mladenovic and Propadalo but the bids for Zeljko Kikic were mind boggling. I rejected bids up to £30m for him and then Chelsea bid for £40m so I jokingly set a price-tag at £82m and it was accepted!!!!!!! I didnt want to sell him however so I cancelled the deal and he wasnt unhappy and actually signed a new long term contract which I am delighted about. I think the board would have overruled me if it wasnt for the fact that we have £170m in the bank account!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
KIKIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
feb.png

1621454338708.png

MARCH

napredak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Markovic), Grujic, Melovic (Petrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic, Deric*

An easy win. Radonjic has now scored in 5 out of the last 6 league matches which is a decent run of form.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic*, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Deric (Marinkovic)

Another 2 goals for Radonjic and he also had one of our two goals that were disallowed in the first half! Marinkovic came off the bench to make his debut - PSG have been sniffing around him.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
rad.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Pete, Duric, Propadalo, Rogerio (Jevremovic), Grujic*, Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Lazetic), Obradovic, Stevanovic, Mladenovic (Marinkovic)

Despite the 4 goals this match was all about penalties! Grujic converted a 3rd minute one then hit the post in the 5th minute with a penalty and then midway through the 2nd half Melovic stepped up to take one but it was saved!

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic, Melovic (Petrovic), Kikic*, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

How this finished at only 2-0 is beyond me. Deric and Mladenovic both had goals ruled out, we had 3 penalties overturned by VAR, we hit the woodwork a couple of times and missed a shitload of chances!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
5-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio (Pete), Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic, Radonjic*, Deric

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

We smash Man Utd 5-0 thanks to a terrific team performance. Radonjic scored 2, Obradovic smashed one in from a tight angle and Deric also grabbed a brace as they couldnt live with our sheer pace in attack. The only downside is Rogerio got injured and is out for a couple of months.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic*, Melovic (Petrovic), Kikic, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Deric (Mladenovic)

I love Vojvodina. They constantly buy my cast offs, loan all my good youngsters that need developing to build out their team so they cant play against us and we get to thrash them! Deric scored his 30th of the season here while Radonjic is just 1 behind him!

--

SUMMARY

We were on fire this month!!!! Both domestically and abroad we were in top form. We won all of our league matches with a 7-1 victory over Vojvodina being the highlight and it means that if we win our next match and Partizan fail to win then we will have won the league before the split again. In the Serbian Cup we beat Rad 4-0 to get us into the semis where we will play Metalac.

It was our Champions League performance against Man Utd that blew my socks off as we smashed them 5-0 to reach the quarter-finals where we will play AC Milan and we go into that match full of confidence. That victory over Man Utd shows how far we have come (if finishing runners-up last season doesnt lol) and I think we can now think of ourselves as challengers for the Champions League however individually there are squads that are far better than ours the togetherness in our side combined with the sheer pace that we have makes us formidable opponents.

Apparently we had a golden generation again in our intake and although I signed 6 or 7 up there was no huge stand out so I am still looking for the Serbian Aitor Herrera.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA RADONJIC
RADONJIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
march.png

--

1621488809766.png

SERBIA

Friendly
russia.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Ristic, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic (Melovic), Kikic, Deric*, Radonjic (Joveljic), Jovic (Obradovic)

A good win. Kikic got the opener and Deric grabbed 2 as we comfortably beat Russia. Kikic picked up a knock though and will be out for a week or two.

--

Friendly
armenia.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic (Ristic), Grujic, Milinkovic-Savic (Melovic), V.Vlahovic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Zivkovic), Jovic (Joveljic)

Although we won their were more negatives than positives. Pavlovic had a goal disallowed, Joveljic missed a penalty and Deric got injured so he will be out for a month. However Obradovic got his first goal for his country!

Last edited:
1621538494349.png

APRIL

2-0.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic*, Duric (Propadalo), Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Lo Celso), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Lazetic), Mladenovic

Not a memorable performance or result tbh but Mladenovic stepped in for Deric and got a goal and Radonjic got his 30th goal of the season.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
milan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Stevanovic), Obradovic (Lo Celso), Radonjic (Lazetic), Mladenovic

I have to be honest I didnt think that we would get beat here but although stats wise we were the better side our performance was nowhere near the levels that I expect and even take for granted. At least in the 2nd leg we will be at home so we have to make that count.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Jevremovic), Grujic (Petrovic), Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Mladenovic*

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To win the title against Partizan is amazing but to trounce them at the same time is even better. Mladenovic scored a double to get him into double figures for the season.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
ac milan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic* (Vidosavljevic), Lo Celso, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Mladenovic

We put on a show here to thump AC Milan and march into the semis. Kikic was amazing with 2 goals while Lo Celso was pulling the strings in the AMC position. Yet again one of Europes big sides cant handle the atmosphere at the Marakana!

--

nicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Pete, Grujic (Deric), Melovic, Kikic*, Lo Celso, Radonjic, Mladenovic

We werent great in this match and Radnicki could have been a couple of goals ahead but they missed their chances and 2 goals in 5min from Kikic killed the match. Radonjic had scored in his last 9 league appearances but the run ends here.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final 2nd Leg
gm.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Duric), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete*, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Lo Celso (Obradovic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Mladenovic

I am naturally pleased that we won to reach the final but Moussa Wague got injured and is likely to miss the rest of the season.

--

4-2.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Petrovic (Bogdanovic), Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic*, Obradovic (Deric), Stevanovic, Mladenovic (Marinkovic)

I rested several players here due to our next fixture but that didnt overly hamper us although we did concede 2 goals against 10 men. Vidosavljevic scored a superb hat-trick, Mladenovic got the other and Lo Celso had a terrific effort disallowed.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
man city.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic*, Kikic, Lo Celso (Mladenovic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Deric

A great win but we should have been out of sight as we had 2 goals disallowed in the first half. We will take this result though and hopefully we can complete the job in the 2nd leg. Radonjic got injured and will be out for 3 weeks.

--

SUMMARY

A hectic month as we had games across 3 competitions. In the league the highlight was our 4-1 victory over Partizan Belgrade and we end the month a staggering 27pts clear at the top of the table. With 4 games to go I just want to end the league campaign unbeaten and hopefully we can beat the goals scored record but if we qualify for the Champions League final I will be resting my players.

We beat Metalac in the Serbian Cup to set up a final tie against Radnicki who knocked out Partizan Belgrade so naturally I will be expecting to win that next month.

In the Champions League we lost the first leg of our tie against AC Milan 1-0 but when we got them back at the Marakana we trounced them 4-0 to make our way into the semis where we played Manchester City and we beat them 2-1 at home but we really should have scored a few more and we may regret that.

I have a few injuries with Wague, Radonjic and Rogerio while I have had other players out like Deric so hopefully there wont be any more casualties! There is a World Cup just around the corner remember!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DORDE MELOVIC
melovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
april.png

1621610992897.png

MAY

1-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric*, Propadalo, Pete, Petrovic, Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic (Marinkovic), Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic (Lazetic), Mladenovic

A poor performance but a win is a win and it is always nice to see Mladenovic get a goal. We have gone 120 games unbeaten in the league now.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
0-3.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso (Obradovic), Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Mladenovic)

We crash out of the Champions League and I can have no complaints as Man City were by far the better team and Ansu Fati tore us apart. Deric got injured early doors so that was a blow but nobody really played well.

--

2-2.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Propadalo, Pete, Petrovic, Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic (Marinkovic), Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic (Lazetic), Mladenovic*

Pathetic. I am actually more upset about this match than I am about crashing out of the Champions League! We fell behind early on and when Mladenovic scored twice including a late goal to put us ahead I thought it was game over but we still conceded an equaliser.

--

majkic.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Propadalo, Pete (Rogerio), Petrovic, Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic*, Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic, Mladenovic (Marinkovic)

I think we are going through the motions now. Sure I am playing my backups but I still expect better. Vidosavljevic set up both goals and Rogerio returned from injury.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic (Rogerio), Duric, Propadalo*, Pete, Petrovic, Lo Celso, Vidosavljevic (Marinkovic), Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic, Mladenovic

Aleksandar Propadalo had an amazing game here. He crossed the ball in for Duric to score the opener and for his goal he took the ball from the halfway line to score which is pretty incredible for a CB and a great way to get your first senior goal!!!!!

--

Serbian Cup Final
FINAL.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Rogerio (Pete), Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Lo Celso*, Radonjic, Mladenovic (Deric)

We win the Serbian Cup but I am not happy with the performance or the scoreline as after being 2-0 up we failed to score any more goals against 10 men.

--

SUMMARY

Alas our season petered out without much fanfare although we did collect the Serbian Cup. We drew with TSC in the league which was a shocking result but even our other matches, although we won, we just didnt play well. The Serbian Cup saw me bring back my big boys but we only won 2-0 and failed to score against 10 men for the entirety of the 2nd half so that made our achievement less.

In the Champions League we crashed out to Manchester City after they beat us 3-0 in the 2nd leg and I can have no complaints in truth. We are certainly in amongst the challengers for the tournament just now even though the bookies dont think so!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEKSANDAR PROPADALO
propadalo.png

Beating United 5-0 never seems to work out well for your teams in the long run HAHA

Beating United 5-0 never seems to work out well for your teams in the long run HAHA

Well played. Just thinking that reference probably is a tumbleweed moment for most peeps on here lol. The innocence of youth.

Hello,

Any chance we can get a walkthrough of your tactic or at least a screenshot of it because it seems to be working very well for you!

1621625296685.png

SEASON REVIEW

This season was just a continuation from the last one with our involvement in the FIFA Club World Cup happening in the summer. We progressed in the group in that competition but Bayern Munich defeated us 3-0 in the quarter-finals which was one of only 3 defeats in the entire season.

We struggled in the league this season as we won it by 30pts lol!!!!! To be fair we didnt get the 100% record and in fact we drew 2 games so despite going over 120 games unbeaten in the league we still have some targets to achieve.

We claimed the Serbian Cup by beating Radnicki and while we were never troubled throughout the competition I feel that we should have racked up more goals and some big wins but we just did what was needed in the end.

As for the Champions League we didnt quite match last years efforts but we did reach the semi-finals. After winning our group we were paired with Man Utd and a 5-0 win in the 2nd leg showed that we were a force to be reckoned with and then despite winning the first leg 2-1 we crashed out to Man City who went on to win the tournament, 4-2 on aggregate.

Naturally we were excellent all season but I have to be honest our performances up until Christmas were quite poor and it wasnt until after the winter break when we hit top gear but I suppose that was because half my team left last summer and my new players needed time to gel.

--

SUPER LIGA

end.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Predrag Rajkovic only missed one game for us and had another strong season although he has been unhappy for the most part due to my decision to sell Adam Hlozek! He is 30y/o now so should be approaching his prime years but I do have several top prospects lurking behind him. Marko Copic was his dutiful backup.

Defenders
- I brought in Rogerio from Borussia Dortmund and after a poor start he came onto his game although he did miss a few months through injury. He doesnt offer as much going forward as Dimarco did but he did well enough at LB and won his first caps for Brazil. On the right hand side of defence Moussa Wague was at his imperious best and is as usual attracting interest from abroad as is Pete who I signed in the summer and the teenage Brazilian had a decent first season covering in both full back positions.

Another summer signing, Svetozar Markovic, had a fine time. He is on loan from Real Madrid and while I can easily buy him for the agreed price of £25.5m I am going to see if he gets transfer listed again and maybe get him cheaper - a risky strategy but one that I am prepared to take. Duric and Pavlovic both excelled as well at CB while young Propadalo may have seen his game time reduced but impressed when called upon.

Midfielders - Grujic and Melovic were my first choice midfielders and they were both outstanding. Goals were a bit hard to come by from them but with 43 assists between them I can put up with that. Summer signing Lo Celso also played there or at AMC and he did well - especially in Europe but did have injury problems from the get go.

Miodrag Obradovic got loads of starts this season and did well although I still need him to develop more and I have actually dropped him from my Serbia squad for the World Cup. His stats and performances were decent enough but I need more from him.

My 2 first choice wingers were wonderful. Radonjic and Kikic. Radonjic was my top scorer with 32 goals albeit aided with penalties but Kikic scored 28 himself and is one of the hottest properties in the football world and I rejected an £82m bid from Chelsea for him in the winter so keeping hold of him is a priority in the summer. Radonjic is getting on a bit but I cant get rid of him after the season he just had!

Backup for them was Stevanovic and Vidosavljevic and they did well when called upon and in reserve for the midfield positions I gave some game time to some great prospects like Bogdanovic, Majkic and Krstic.

Forwards - Igor Deric was moved up front to replace Adam Hlozek and while he did well I expected a bit more from him. He did suffer a few injuries but he didnt even end up as my top scorer which is pretty shameful considering how much we score and with him being the focal point of our attack but then again he didnt take any penalties!

His backup was young Filip Mladenovic and he really showed me what he can do with 15 goals in just 18 starts (and 23 sub appearances). He is going to be a huge player for us and he is still only 17y/o!!!!!! Marko Lazetic and Nenad Marinkovic hardly featured.

My Player of the Season
- Zeljko Kikic
My Young Player of the Season - Zeljko Kikic
Must Improve - Miodrag Obradovic
Donkey of the Year - Marko Lazetic

--

SUMMER PLANS

Win the World Cup!!! lol

Thats hardly likely but it will take up most of my time but things will be happening at Red Star too. I have 1 departure arranged and 1 signing also while I have my eye on a couple of other players but it is keeping both my star players and my hot prospects at the club which will be the tough assignment as I always get a flurry of bids during the transfer window. I dont need the money however as we have £210m in the bank and a transfer budget of £175m!!!!!!

1621663896365.png

SERBIA

Friendly
paraguay.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic (Duric), Pavlovic (Maras), Ristic, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic* (Stevanovic), Jovic (D.Vlahovic)

A good result this aided and abetted by a wonderful individual performance from Nemanja Radonjic as he scored 1 and assisted 3 more!!!

--

Friendly
qatar.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Ristic, Maksimovic (Grujic*), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric (D.Vlahovic), Radonjic (Joveljic), Jovic

A terrific performance and a great morale booster as we head into the World Cup. Grujic came off the bench and scored 2 wonderful goals from outside the area. Luka Jovic's goal means he is now the top scorer in Serbia's history.

--

SUAD FOR THE 2026 FIFA WORLD CUP

Goalkeepers

NAMECLUBAGEPOSVALUECAPSGOALS
Predrag RAJKOVICRed Star Belgrade30GK£6m570
Dragan ROSICGirona29GK£4.8m00
Filip STANKOVICInter Milan24GK£3.1m

Defenders

Andrej DURICRed Star Belgrade22DC£7.7m80
Milan GAJICToulouse30DR£4.2m200
Nikola MARASReal Betis30DC£23m310
Svetozar MARKOVICRed Star Belgrade26DRC£25m414
Nikola MILENKOVICShanghai Port28DC£18.25m774
Strahinja PAVLOVICRed Star Belgrade25DC£10m131
Mihailo RISTICRennes30DL£8.5m321
Zlatan SEHOVICLech Poznan25DL£1.7m130

Midfielders

Marko GRUJICRed Star Belgrade30MC£7.75m463
Zeljko KIKICRed Star Belgrade20AMR£15m1619
Nemanja MAKSIMOVICGetafe31MC£17m732
Dorde MELOVICRed Star Belgrade19MC£6m40
Sergej MILINKOVIC-SAVICLazio31MC£44m7915
Nemanja RADONJICRed Star Belgrade30AML£7.75m4712
Filip STEVANOVICRed Star Belgrade23AMRLC£11m124
Vanja VLAHOVICManchester City22AMR£32m105

Forwards

Igor DERICRed Star Belgrade20AMC/ST£10.5m167
Dejan JOVELJICBayern Munich26ST£55m2911
Luka JOVICReal Madrid28ST£60m6839
Dusan VLAHOVICAC Milan26ST£19.25m3514

Last edited:
1621668711612.png

2026 FIFA World Cup

Hosts
- Canada, USA, Mexico
Holders - Portugal

--

Group P
iraq.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic (Maras), Pavlovic, Ristic*, Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (Joveljic)

WOW!!!!!

We kick off our tournament with a fabulous victory over Iraq as we smash 9 goals past them and it could have been double that as Maksimovic had a goal disallowed and we hit the woodwork several times too!

--

mexico.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (Joveljic)

This was an enthralling match with both sides just going for it. We were 2-0 up inside 5min but were just as quickly pegged back however we managed to bang in another 4 goals by the end as we beat one of the hosts of the tournament to win the group.
group p.png

--

2nd Round
norway.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Radonjic, Jovic*

We cant stop scoring at the moment as we grab another 5 goals here which makes it 32 in our last 5 matches!!!! Luka Jovic was in inspired form as he scored a hat-trick and also assisted a goal. Kikic got on the scoresheet again - he is having a great World Cup!

--

3rd Round
mali.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic*, Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

We reach the quarter-finals with this comfortable victory. Ristic fired us ahead with a terrific effort and it was his cross that was headed in by Vlahovic in stoppage time. We were expected to reach the 3rd round so we have exceeded expectations now.

--

Quarter-Final
germany.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic* (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

THE AMAZING RUN CONTINUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

We beat Germany in our qualifying group and we beat them again here in an incredibly even game. We took the lead through Jovic and then he had a goal disallowed shortly after but we went into halftime ahead. Alas they levelled but just minutes later Igor Deric struck and we held on to reach the semis! Kikic assisted both goals - I am going to be inundated with offers for him I fear.

--

Semi-Final
portugal.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Duric, Maras, Sehovic, Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

We are in the ****** final!!!!!

We thrash the holders of the competition with a comprehensive victory and with me missing 3 of my first choice back 4! We took the lead early on when Milinkovic-Savic curled an effort home from just outside the area and we were playing some decent stuff but in the final 22min Luka Jovic scored a hat-trick, his 2nd of the competition, to ensure that we would reach the final. Vlahovic also had a stoppage time goal disallowed!!!

--

Final
belgium.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Duric, Pavlovic, Ristic, Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Jovic (Joveljic)

WE WIN THE WORLD CUP!!!!!

What an achievement!!!!!

Nemanja Radonjic was our hero as he scored both goals (and had 1 disallowed) for us to win us the ultimate international trophy. Milinkovic-Savic missed a first half penalty too but thankfully it wasnt to prove costly although they also had a late equaliser disallowed!! I am so chuffed!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

It couldnt have gone any better! We came into the tournament as rank outsiders but much like my Red Star Belgrade side - nobody wants to be pitted against us. Not surprising when my starting XI has 7 Red Star players and 1 former player!!!! We had an easy time of it up to the quarter-finals where we sneaked past Germany and then we thumped the holders Portugal before defeating Belgium in the final!

Our national ranking has gone from 37th in the world up to 12th so that is a huge boost for the nation.

Zeljko Kikic won the award as the best player and best rookie as he got 4 goals and 6 assists while Luka Jovic won the award as the top scorer with 8 goals. As for the team of the tournament Ristic, Pavlovic, Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic, Radonjic and Jovic were all named in it.

Now I have 5 days until the Serbian football season kicks off - jeezo!!!!!!

1621678511757.png

1621680682366.png

PRE-SEASON

Well this summer was all about the World Cup and Serbia and with my victorious players returning just a few days before the season has started I havent really changed much regarding Red Star Belgrade.

With a month and a half of the transfer window still to go I wouldnt rule out any more transfer business but at the moment I have signed 2 players for the first team squad and promoted 3 from within the system while outgoing so far is 2 first team players and 5 in total and there will probably be a couple more leaving in truth.

I have appointed a new assistant manager and my new partner is Sergiy Rebrov. The Ukrainian was my 3rd choice in truth but I am happy to bring him on board and he is an upgrade on my old AM.

--

PLAYERS OUT

The main one is Giovani Lo Celso who left to join Shanghai Port for an initial £10.5m which could rise up to £13m. I brought him in on a free transfer last summer and he did a fine job but I needed to free up a foreign player slot so when Shanghai came in for him I was happy to let him go.

Omar Arenas was sold to Lyon for £4m. The Mexican international was signed for £675,000 a few years ago and I have loaned him out since signing and it was time for him to move on this summer. I probably could have got more for him but he had a £4m clause in his contract so I just had to take it on the chin.

Vojvodina as usual came in for some of my players! They paid £900,000 to sign Nikola Stankovic and £325,000 for Aleksandar Filipovic. Both were on loan to them last season and I was happy to let them go. Stankovic at one point was a huge prospect but injuries hampered his development and he only made 53 apps and scored 1 goal. They also loaned Vukasin Krznaric from us.

Radnicki gave us £150,000 for Ivan Ilic which was a cut price deal but I just wanted to get rid of him. They also managed to loan too prospects from us.

--

PLAYERS IN

I broke the club and nation transfer record by re-signing Svetozar Markovic from Real Madrid for £22m. He was on loan last term and did well and I was always going to try and bring him back permanently and I am delighted that I managed to do so and for £3.5m cheaper than the fee that was agreed last season!
markovic.png

My only other signing so far was another one of my World Cup heroes in the summer. I paid Lech Poznan £2.2m to bring in Zlatan Sehovic to the club to be my backup LB. He is a decent age and has great experience and I hope that he can do well here.
sehovic.png

--

SQUAD

At the moment I am fairly content with what I have at my disposal. I have been able to keep hold of the likes of Pete, Wague and of course Kikic so that is fantastic but as I said there is still some movement on the horizon. My first XI does have 1 change from last season however as I will play Igor Deric as my AMC and that means that I will give the strikers position to Hector Grisales who returned from his loan spell.

He will be challenged by Mladenovic but my Colombian wonderkid deserves a crack of the whip with us and he will also be my penalty and free-kick taker. If he was only a tad quicker!!!
grisales.png

I have promoted Milivoje Mitrovic and Nenad Bogdanovic to the first team squad to give me some added depth to the CM position. Mitrovic made his debut a few years ago and has been loaned out recently but he looks a player while I have high hopes for Bogdanovic and he will feature regularly this season.
mitrovic.png
bogdanovic.png

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

Get that perfect league season!!!! We have come so close so often and I want it desperately. In the Champions League we are good enough to win it now I feel so that is the aim.

Oh and keep hold of my top players and prospects!!!

1621682409442.png

JULY/AUGUST

pazar.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Rogerio (Sehovic), Grujic (Mitrovic), Bogdanovic*, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic, Grisales

I have given my World Cup stars, Markovic, Pavlovic, Melovic, Deric, Radonjic and Kikic a 2 week holiday so this was a weakened side I had out here but they still got the win for us. Bogdanovic scored a double but he blazed a penalty wide for his hat-trick and Grisales managed to get a debut goal so it was a good day at the office for us. Stevanovic had a goal disallowed too.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Sehovic), Propadalo, Rogerio, Grujic, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic*, Grisales (Mladenovic)

We win but we should have scored more goals. Grisales missed a first half penalty which was a shame and Bogdanovic went off injured early doors.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Mitrovic), Melovic, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

I welcomed back my first choice players here and they start their season with a fine victory away to our bitter rivals Partizan. Kikic grabbed the opener before he set up Grisales for the 2nd.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Grisales (Mladenovic)

This was a fans day for the club and apparently it was a resounding success although we really should have scored more. Their keeper got the MOM award which speaks volumes.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic, Deric*, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

We fought back from behind here to win the game. Deric and Grisales combined brilliantly throughout and both scored 2 goals each. Yan Couto made his debut here.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Grisales*

For the 2nd game in arow we had to come from behind to get the victory. Radonjic levelled with his first goal of the season and Grisales converted 2 penalties and the points were ours.

--

kabel.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete (Yan Couto), Grujic, Melovic*, Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Grisales

For the 3rd game in a row Hector Grisales scores 2 goals. He has taken to life in Serbian football very well indeed!

--

SUMMARY

So much to tell you about - where to start?

Results - on the pitch we have started the season with 7 wins out of 7. In the first couple of games I rested my main Serbian players after their exploits in the World Cup which has meant that I have used 23 players already this season!!! We are playing well but nowhere near our best. Grisales has hit the ground running thankfully but Radonjic and Grujic have been very poor.

In the Champions League I have to point out that Partizan Belgrade inexplicably crashed out against Rangers despite winning the first leg 3-0. Anywho we have been drawn against Bayern Munich, Atalanta and Dynamo Kiev so we should qualify from there. It will be the 3rd season in a row that we have met Atalanta.

1621691770593.png
1621691792672.png
1621691807965.png
1621691840309.png

Now for the transfer window and firstly the rejected bids. Pete (£30m), Deric (£28m), Kikic (£40m), Wague (£35m) were all getting offers several times over and I stayed strong and rejected them. Duric, Stevanovic and Vidosavljevic also attracted offers and then on deadline day Liverpool put in 4 bids for Hector Grisales which ended up to an astonishing £43m!!!!!

Now to the actual transfers and I 4 first team players have gone!!!!! Firstly I sold Njegos Petrovic to Watford for £3.4m. He was a key player for my first couple of years but then became a backup player. He made 195 appearances and scored 22 goals for me and I wish him well.

Marko Jevremovic was loaned out to Indija while Marko Lazetic was sold to Internacional for £6.5m. Like Petrovic he was here before I arrived but he was falling down the pecking order and didnt really fulfil his promise that he once had. He made 85 appearances and scored 27 goals for us with his best season being back in 2023-34.

Then I got a surprise bid for Rogerio! Sevilla bid £16.75m (£18.5m) and I accepted the offer as it represented a decent profit for us. With Pete being a left back also it meant that I could make him my new first choice LB and I had to go and get a RB!

That RB was Yan Couto and I paid Manchester City £9.75m to get him on board which is a bargain as he was transfer listed. The Brazilian will be my backup RB but he should get plenty of game time and at 24y/o he can still improve.
couto.png

Finally we received some bad news towards the end of the month as Strahinja Pavlovic suffered an injury and will be out for a couple of months. I could move Markovic into CB where he prefers to play and play Couto at RB or I could play Duric as a straight swap.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HECTOR GRISALES
hector.png

--

SUPER LIGA
AUG.png

View attachment 553563

JULY/AUGUST

View attachment 553564

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Propadalo, Rogerio (Sehovic), Grujic (Mitrovic), Bogdanovic*, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic, Grisales

I have given my World Cup stars, Markovic, Pavlovic, Melovic, Deric, Radonjic and Kikic a 2 week holiday so this was a weakened side I had out here but they still got the win for us. Bogdanovic scored a double but he blazed a penalty wide for his hat-trick and Grisales managed to get a debut goal so it was a good day at the office for us. Stevanovic had a goal disallowed too.

--

View attachment 553565

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric (Sehovic), Propadalo, Rogerio, Grujic, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic*, Grisales (Mladenovic)

We win but we should have scored more goals. Grisales missed a first half penalty which was a shame and Bogdanovic went off injured early doors.

--

View attachment 553566

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Pete), Markovic, Pavlovic, Rogerio, Grujic (Mitrovic), Melovic, Kikic*, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

I welcomed back my first choice players here and they start their season with a fine victory away to our bitter rivals Partizan. Kikic grabbed the opener before he set up Grisales for the 2nd.

--

View attachment 553568

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Deric, Radonjic, Grisales (Mladenovic)

This was a fans day for the club and apparently it was a resounding success although we really should have scored more. Their keeper got the MOM award which speaks volumes.

--

View attachment 553569

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic, Deric*, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

We fought back from behind here to win the game. Deric and Grisales combined brilliantly throughout and both scored 2 goals each. Yan Couto made his debut here.

--

View attachment 553570

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Grisales*

For the 2nd game in arow we had to come from behind to get the victory. Radonjic levelled with his first goal of the season and Grisales converted 2 penalties and the points were ours.

--

View attachment 553571

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete (Yan Couto), Grujic, Melovic*, Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Grisales

For the 3rd game in a row Hector Grisales scores 2 goals. He has taken to life in Serbian football very well indeed!

--

SUMMARY

So much to tell you about - where to start?

Results - on the pitch we have started the season with 7 wins out of 7. In the first couple of games I rested my main Serbian players after their exploits in the World Cup which has meant that I have used 23 players already this season!!! We are playing well but nowhere near our best. Grisales has hit the ground running thankfully but Radonjic and Grujic have been very poor.

In the Champions League I have to point out that Partizan Belgrade inexplicably crashed out against Rangers despite winning the first leg 3-0. Anywho we have been drawn against Bayern Munich, Atalanta and Dynamo Kiev so we should qualify from there. It will be the 3rd season in a row that we have met Atalanta.

View attachment 553574View attachment 553575View attachment 553576View attachment 553577

Now for the transfer window and firstly the rejected bids. Pete (£30m), Deric (£28m), Kikic (£40m), Wague (£35m) were all getting offers several times over and I stayed strong and rejected them. Duric, Stevanovic and Vidosavljevic also attracted offers and then on deadline day Liverpool put in 4 bids for Hector Grisales which ended up to an astonishing £43m!!!!!

Now to the actual transfers and I 4 first team players have gone!!!!! Firstly I sold Njegos Petrovic to Watford for £3.4m. He was a key player for my first couple of years but then became a backup player. He made 195 appearances and scored 22 goals for me and I wish him well.

Marko Jevremovic was loaned out to Indija while Marko Lazetic was sold to Internacional for £6.5m. Like Petrovic he was here before I arrived but he was falling down the pecking order and didnt really fulfil his promise that he once had. He made 85 appearances and scored 27 goals for us with his best season being back in 2023-34.

Then I got a surprise bid for Rogerio! Sevilla bid £16.75m (£18.5m) and I accepted the offer as it represented a decent profit for us. With Pete being a left back also it meant that I could make him my new first choice LB and I had to go and get a RB!

That RB was Yan Couto and I paid Manchester City £9.75m to get him on board which is a bargain as he was transfer listed. The Brazilian will be my backup RB but he should get plenty of game time and at 24y/o he can still improve.
View attachment 553579

Finally we received some bad news towards the end of the month as Strahinja Pavlovic suffered an injury and will be out for a couple of months. I could move Markovic into CB where he prefers to play and play Couto at RB or I could play Duric as a straight swap.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HECTOR GRISALES
View attachment 553572

--

SUPER LIGA
View attachment 553573
Hey dude how the ranking of UEFA is doing and how the team is doing and what the offers of clubs that your players got midtable clubs right

World you have preferred a European trophy with Red Star or winning the world cup with serbia? You seem to have a knack for doing well in tournament competitions in any case. champions league knockouts - check (especially in the previous story). world cup - check.

but unbeaten season - nOoo.

1621693322901.png

SEPTEMBER

radnicki.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Propadalo), Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic* (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Grisales

Grisales at the double again!!! 4 games in a row now he has netted a brace and Radonjic joined him here by scoring 2 himself.

--

UEFA Champions League Group D
kiev.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales (Cepzanovic)

Igor Deric got the goal to win us the match and while we were easily the better team I expected more goals. We move on with £2.46m extra in our bank balance.

--

jagodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Propadalo), Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Obradovic (Novakovic), Stevanovic, Grisales*

Hector Grisales scored a great hat-trick with a free-kick, penalty and a poachers goal. 11 goals in his last 5 league games now!

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic*, Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Grisales

Proleter proved to be stubborn opponents here as we struggled to break them down. 2 stoppage time goals added a bit of gloss to the final scoresheet and it was Zeljko Kikic who scored a double this time but as ever Grisales got his customary goal.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete (Sehovic), Grujic*, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Novakovic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

Not good enough. I fear that the World Cup has really taken a toll on my players and we are just going through the motions in large parts. We win yes but I expect better.

--

bayern.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Propadalo), Duric, Pete (Sehovic), Grujic (Mitrovic), Bogdanovic, Kikic, Deric, Vidosavljevic, Grisales*

A fantastic result as we take charge of the group. It was a tight match and they struck the first blow when they went ahead but Deric soon equalised and then Grisales struck with 1 minute remaining to give us the victory. We still didnt play well though.

--

SUMMARY

Results wise this month was brilliant but performance wise we are way off the mark. I can only put it down to my players being tired after the World Cup as Melovic, Kikic, Deric, Grujic and Radonjic are just not hitting the mark with their individual performances consistently. That being said we did defeat Bayern Munich!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
kikic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
sep.png

--

1621693428821.png

SERBIA

UEFA Nations League Division B Group 2
scotland.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Duric, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic*, Kikic (Zivkovic), Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (D.Vlahovic)

Our first game as World Champions. It wasnt a stellar performance but we got the result and that is the main thing.

--

romania.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic*, Milenkovic, Duric, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Grujic), Kikic, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

We take control of the group with this win. Romania made things difficult for us but we got goals from Jovic and Stevanovic and I now expect us to win the group which we should do as World Cup winners!!!!

Hey dude how the ranking of UEFA is doing and how the team is doing and what the offers of clubs that your players got midtable clubs right

Chelsea, Dortmund, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool are all after my big players but there isnt much money in Serbia for other clubs to buy my players.

World you have preferred a European trophy with Red Star or winning the world cup with serbia? You seem to have a knack for doing well in tournament competitions in any case. champions league knockouts - check (especially in the previous story). world cup - check.

but unbeaten season - nOoo.

I would have preferred winning the Champions League rather than the World Cup definitely.

1621766875244.png

OCTOBER

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete*, Grujic, Bogdanovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Stevanovic, Grisales

The performance was a bit better here and any time you win 3-0 away from home is a good win. Always expect more though!

--

napredak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, Grisales*

At half-time everything was perfect but it was criminal that we didnt add to the scoresheet in the 2nd half as we had chance after chance after chance and to make matters worse Kikic got injured and will be out until we return from the winter break!

--

atalanta.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Duric (Propadalo), Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric*, Radonjic, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Now thats much better!!!! Grisales and Deric struck early on and 2 goals from Radonjic were added in the 2nd half and we move 3pts clear at the top of the group. Mladenovic returned from injury here.

--

tsc.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic (Mitrovic), Bogdanovic (Obradovic), Vidosavljevic, Deric*, Stevanovic, Grisales

Igor Deric put in a wonderful individual performance here as he helped himself to 4 goals and he also assisted one of Grisales' goals. Grisales himself could have had a hat-trick but he had a goal disallowed.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
borca.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Sehovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Momic), Obradovic (Majkic), Stevanovic (Krstic), Mladenovic*

I planned to play my backups here but half of them were injured and lo and behold Vidosavljevic went off injured here. Grujic missed a penalty in the 4th minute just 2 minutes after scoring one and Mladenovic had a goal disallowed to deny him his hat-trick. Lazar Momic came off the bench to get a debut goal though!

--

novi.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric*, Pete (Yan Couto), Grujic, Melovic, Stevanovic (Krstic), Deric, Radonjic, Grisales

Another game, another win, another disallowed goal (Grisales) and another ****** injury!!!! This time Stevanovic picked up a knock.

--

SUMMARY

We finally put in some decent performances to go with our decent results this month which was all the more remarkable considering we have been hampered by so many injuries and players being tired. The winter break cannot come quick enough so my players can get rested and get back to full fitness.

Hector Grisales has continued his strong start to the season and has scored 22 goals already and he is miles ahead in our top scorer charts. Last season I had Deric, Radonjic and Kikic all around 30 goals but that will not happen this season.

Moussa Wague took Serbian citizenship so he no longer takes up a foreign player slot so I can bring in another foreign player which may happen in January if we are still struggling with injuries.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IGOR DERIC
deric.png

--

SUPER LIGA
OCT.png

--

1621766968358.png

SERBIA

georgia.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Milenkovic, Duric, Ristic*, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Jovic (D.Vlahovic)

I expected a bigger winning margin here but my players took their club form into the international stage unfortunately and dragged the other players down along with it lol. I am being a bit harsh I suppose.

--

3-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Gajic, Milenkovic, Markovic, Ristic* (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Jovic

We come from behind to get a good victory and we just need 1 more point to win the group and promotion. This was my 30th match in charge of Serbia and I have had 29 wins!!!

1621867332831.png

NOVEMBER

atalanta.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric, Pete*, Grujic (Mitrovic), Bogdanovic, Stevanovic, Momic, Radonjic (Krstic), Grisales (Mladenovic)

Our first defeat of the season and it came in this thrilling encounter. I am pretty ****** off that we lost as we didnt deserve to and we really shouldnt be throwing away a 3-1 lead. We move on.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Propadalo, Duric, Sehovic, Grujic (Mitrovic), Melovic (Mladenovic), Stevanovic, Deric*, Radonjic (Krstic), Grisales

We add 5 more goals to our tally here so I am happy with that. Vladimir Krstic is a 16y/o winger and has come off the bench to score in our last 2 league games.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric*, Pete, Grujic, Bogdanovic, Stevanovic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Novakovic), Grisales (Mladenovic)

Any time we get a win over Partizan Belgrade is a good time! We easily beat our rivals here with goals from Grujic, Stevanovic and Deric with our opener being the best as Grujic powered in a shot from the edge of the area for a rare goal.

--

dynamo.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Sehovic, Mitrovic*, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Momic), Stevanovic (Novakovic), Mladenovic

Fantastic. We knew before the match that we had qualified for the knockout stages so I played my backups and they destroyed Dynamo Kiev. Mladenovic struck twice but it was Mitrovic who assisted 3 goals who stole all the plaudits.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Duric (Pavlovic), Pete, Grujic*, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Another 3-0 win as our form has really picked up lately. Just wait until Kikic comes back fully fit!!!

--

SUMMARY

Despite kicking off the month with a defeat to Atalanta we have hit a vein of form and quality of performances that is much more acceptable. We have been banging in the goals with Deric and Grisales being my regular scorers but all the attacking midfielders are chipping in too which is nice. We are still on course for our perfect league campaign but we have been here before so I wont get my hopes up.

In the Champions League we lost to Atalanta after leading 3-1 but then followed that up by thrashing Dynamo Kiev 5-0 despite me fielding a weakened side and we have qualified for the next round and if we avoid defeat to Bayern Munich in our final group game we will have won the group.

As for Serbia we won our Nations League group and have been drawn alongside Norway, Scotland, Hungary and Moldova in the European Championship qualifiers so I expect us to qualify from that group.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IGOR DERIC

deric.png

--

SUPER LIGA
nov.png

--

1621867366776.png

SERBIA

georgia.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Gajic, Maras*, Markovic, Ristic, Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic, V.Vlahovic, Deric (Maslac), Stevanovic (Zivkovic), D.Vlahovic (Mladenovic)

This result secures the group win and promotion to group A in the nations league so I am happy. My own Filip Mladenovic and PSG's Radomir Maslac got their international debuts here.

--

romania.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Maras, Ristic, Melovic (Maslac), Milinkovic-Savic, V.Vlahovic (Zivkovic), Deric (Stevanovic), Radonjic, D.Vlahovic

My first draw as manager of Serbia. We should have won as we dominated throughout but hey-ho.

group.png

1621874765580.png

DECEMBER

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
tsc.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Pete, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic (Majkic), Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Obradovic (Momic), Stevanovic, Mladenovic*

I played my backups here and they trounced TSC to march into the next round of the cup. Mladenovic scored a fabulous hat-trick which was particularly pleasing.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Duric (Pavlovic), Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Deric, Stevanovic, Grisales*

We were behind at half-time and were playing awfully so I gave my players a rocket up the **** at half-time and they went out and scored 4 goals and also had one disallowed.

--

bayern.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Duric, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales

No group win for us as Bayern edge us out. We were hampered in our comeback aims when Deric went off injured with 10 min to go and we were therefor down to 10 men. He is out for a month which is basically the first half of the winter break so it will only be 2 matches that he will miss.

table.png

Our defeat to Atalanta cost us top spot.

--

kabel.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic*, Duric, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales (Mladenovic)

I expected a bigger win in truth but Kabel have arguably been the surprise package this season and they played well here but we were always comfortable.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales (Mladenovic)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No perfect league season this time either as 2nd placed Radnicki get a draw here. Grisales missed a penalty which proved to be crucial but defensively we just werent at it.

Raging!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We head into the winter break on a downer as we failed to beat Radnicki Nis in our last match and therefor we cannot get a perfect league campaign. On the other hand we have gone 144 games unbeaten in the league!!!!

We were drawn against Spurs in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League so thats not too bad and was possibly the best draw that we could get in all honesty.

The winter break naturally brings the winter transfer window and I fully expect us to receive some massive offers for my players and I might bring in a signing or two also as we have really struggled with injuries but having said that we should all be fully fit and rested when we return in February.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DORDE MELOVIC
melovic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
DEC.png